Chapter 106: Second Quarter (Meeting And A New Request)
1.1k 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leona’s judgment was to execute almost all of the Mono household people and servants along with Rowan Borin as their crimes were too deep to be given any other punishment. That was what she said on the outside but the main reason for her decision was that she and the people of Akud were filled to the brim with rage. Unbearable rage filled their very souls and demanded nothing but death to those nobles and their servants. And no one has any right to blame them since they finally learned who unleashed the nobles on them, and why they did it. They were surprised at the start to find out that the Love Church was behind their suffering but once Leona started asking the criminals questions that indicated that she was suspicious of the Love Church for some time now, the people were convinced in no time at all. Akud didn’t have many believers of the Love Faith but with today's events, all of them abandoned their faith which led to Akud becoming the second town in the Valc Kingdom to be clean of the Love Faith.

 

After everything was dealt with, Soma, Marina, Rimi, Alice, Leona, Milin, Dalis, Ren, and his mother Raya all went to Leona’s office to have a small meeting to discuss what happened and what to do going forward.

 

The meeting started with Soma and Ren explaining the full story to everyone in there including what happened in Elk and Soma’s true identity and how he became what he is. They also talked about the gods, the systems, and the world. After that, they started talking about the current situation.

 

“Soma, you have done it again. Just by being in the town, you have flipped its situation upside-down…”(Ren)

 

“What are you talking about? All I did was fend for myself against those who wanted me harm. I only did what you all were oh so afraid of doing despite having the power to do it yourselves”(Soma)

 

“Even though I don’t want to admit it, what you said is true. After departing from Elk and going back to the capital, I started investigating and reevaluating everything about our kingdom but with the new insight, I gained in Elk thanks to you. It didn’t really surprise me, instead, I just felt sad” (Ren)

 

“Brother, what do you mean?” (Rimi)

 

“…hmm, let’s take Akud as an example. Due to their connections and the corruption of the previous lord, several noble families were able to hold great authority in the town which led to its dire situation. But couldn't the new government of Akud do something about it? You may think the answer is ‘No’ because if the new government tried to do something about it, the nobles in the capital would not stay silent and would start causing trouble to them. But shouldn’t the royal family do something about that? The answer is ‘Yes’. If only were we more competent it wouldn’t have come to this? I understand that we are practically under a slow invasion by the Love Faith and that if we tried to do something about it Vitos wouldn’t stay silent. But we could have made it harder for them to advance their plans at the very least…”(Ren)

 

“You are correct, but not completely right”(Soma)

 

“…What do you mean?”(Raya)

 

“What you said is correct. If you guys were more aware of what was happening around you, you would have been able to slow down the invasion. But that’s all. And moreover, do you think that Vitos would keep using the same plan even if it was being hindered by you guys? They could easily come up with a new plan that you can’t hinder that easily. Plus, you know nothing about them and the extent of what they can do, right? For example, why do you think the Love Goddess keeps summoning heroes from other worlds?”(Soma)

 

“…To use them as weapons against her enemies?”(Raya)

 

“That would be inefficient since she doesn't know who would appear on the Summoning Magic Circle nor can she be sure they have powers better than what’s available in this world. More ever, she can’t use the Summoning Magic Circle continuously because it needs Divinity to work and the Love Goddess’s divinity is finite, in fact, she needs to sleep in her sanctuary for almost a year for her to recover the lost divinity”(Soma)

 

“Then why?”(Leona)

 

“To add their abilities- if they have any-to her arsenal. All the other gods work hard to keep up with the times by coming up with new abilities to solve newly arriving problems, and that’s possible only because they have a specialization and they operate along the limits of that specialization since it’s their job. But the Love Goddess is different. She doesn’t have a specialization nor did she care about doing anything that would benefit the world as a whole. She only cares about abilities that would empower her followers, but she was faced with the problem of never being better than the Magic God and War Goddess in that regard since it’s their specialization. So the solution she came up with is adding already existing abilities that don’t exist as an option to any of the Gods simply by taking them from other worlds. That way she wouldn’t need to fine-tune those abilities since they came ready and fine-tuned by the world they came from and the summoned users. And that worked just fine for her. People with new and useful abilities were being summoned by her from time to time over the years, and their abilities were included in the Pink System. And if those summoned people were willing to work for her, they would receive her backing and support allowing them to do whatever they wanted to do without anyone daring to stop them. And with the unusability of the five systems, her system(which contains every useful ability there is) became the only system that allowed the people to advance as a civilization. And by limiting the Pink System to only her believers, the Love Faith was able to advance and raise in power without anyone being able to do anything about it as everyone else was stuck with the limited General System”(Soma)

 

“…So the summoned heroes are nothing but expandable pieces once the ability they contain was absorbed”(Rimi)

 

“Yes, that’s pretty much what they are. Adding to that is the fact that she can take those abilities and combine them to create more powerful ones. And she has full access to all of them, as in she is able to use all of them and she also can grant that to those she trusted the most”(Soma)

 

“…That’s scary, to be honest with you”(Dalis)

 

“…Yeah”(Leona)

 

“That’s why I’m here right now. I’ll help the whole world to advance to the point of being able to fight against the Love Goddess and her followers, and I’ll also take care of the things that you can’t deal with”(Soma)

 

“God of Death, no… Kirishima Soma, why are you going that far for us? From what I understood from what you and Ren said, you can solve the whole thing in less than a second regardless of the chaos that would cause us to go through. Do you care about us to the point of not doing it? Why are you doing things this way? What's in it for you?”(Raya)

 

“Revenge. I bear the rage, hate, sadness, despair, memories, and madness of 1998 people, and all of it is directed at the Love Goddess. My own rage and desire for revenge are even more than that of the 1997 other souls I have. And all of us want her to suffer. That can be easily done by doing what you said. I can just kill all the people of the Love Faith and after that, I can just take away everything from her. Her divinity, ability to use the otherworldly abilities she managed to plunder, even her original abilities(Magic, martial arts, and knowledge). I can take all of those things from her before throwing her in hell to get a taste of some eternal suffering. But I had different plans. The Love Goddess is nothing but a horrible plague that caused a huge deal of suffering to this world and its people, and that’s only a small part of her plan that has been in the making for more than ten thousand years. So before I go and do what I said I can do, how about I push her into a corner by turning her plans against her using the people she looked down upon this whole time? That would make her furious for sure. So, how would she react? She will get angry and start sending her followers out to try and fix the situation, but she will only send out the weakest of her followers to do it. She still doesn’t know how or why her plans failed, after all. In her head, it will be nothing but some insects trying to rebel against her. But once she learns the truth, she will panic and will try to find a solution in a rush, but the situation is still going from bad to worse rapidly. Only then would she realize that she was dancing on the palms of everyone not part of the Love Faith, and only then I will go and end her in the way I described before. Wouldn’t that add to her suffering? The conclusion I reached is that it would add to her suffering, and that’s why I’m doing this. That way my revenge would be complete”(Soma)

 

“…”(Leona)

 

“…”(Raya)

 

“…So, what're our next plans?”(Ren)

 

“Ren, what’s the worst thing that can happen to you when you are at war?”(Soma)

 

“…”(Ren)

 

“…Having to fight at multiple battlefronts at the same time. As in fighting against an alliance when you are alone”(Leona)

 

“And that’s exactly what we will do. We have Elk, Akud, the three guilds(Merchants Guild, Craftsmen Guild, Mercenaries Guild) going against the Love Church, the nobles, and the Adventurers Guild. We will start by having the Royal Family and the First Knight Order fight against the nobles supporting the Third Knight Order. At the same time, we will increase the influence of the three guilds by having them come together and create a new organization that researches and solves problems that concern the body such as diseases and injuries and we can leave managing this new organization to the researchers of Akud and the Alchemy Department. We will also change the name of the Mercenaries Guild to the Hunters Guild and will change the way it works to attract the attention of the Adventurers Guild. And the Royal Family will start to act boldly and start reforming the whole country using the information and preparations Ren has been working on for the past three months”(Soma)

 

“Can you explain why do we have to do all of this?”(Leona)

 

“To ensure that the Love Church, nobles, and Adventurers Guild are each fighting two or more enemies at the same time for different reasons than the others. That way their actions will sometimes collide with each other causing them more problems to deal with. That way we will divide and rip them apart. We will start fixing everything wrong with this country without any fear of them acting aggressively against us, and Vitos will know nothing of this because of the enchantment I placed on my books”(Soma)

 

“So It’s finally time to act, huh…”(Ren)

 

“Yeah, and I’ll leave the finer details to you and Dolan”(Soma)

 

“Got it!”(Ren)

 

“Soma, in the meantime, can I make a new request to you?”(Leona)

 

“You want me to deal with the mines, right?”(Soma)

 

“So you knew about it…”(Leona)

 

“Yeah and I’ll do it. I’m free during the one month vacation, after all”(Soma)

 

“By the way, Soma, what is that?”(Ren)

 

Ren pointed upwards with his finger as he said that, and everyone in there except for Marina thought that he was pointing at the ceiling and was confused by his action as nothing was there. In fact, Ren was pointing at the enormous golden scale looming over the town of Akud. On his way to Acud, Ren noticed that an enormous golden scale was setting above the town covering the sky, and he was surprised again when he found out that his mother was unable to see it.

 

“Ah, that? That’s…..

18