Chapter 114: One Month Vacation (Getting Rid Of Stress)(Part 1)
625 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Soma-kun…. This appearance?”(Marina)

 

“Right, Marina, I haven’t shown you this. As you already know, I’m contracted to the Spirit King Aion. So when the effects of Spirit Possession are active, my appearance would change to the one you are already familiar with. And now I have undone the Spirit Possession, returning me to my actual appearance”(Soma)

 

“…Why now?”(Marina)

 

“We were testing the duration we can keep the Spirit Possession active, so how was it?”(Soma)

 

{We can keep the Spirit Possession active indefinitely. As you know, Spirit Possession consumes a huge amount of Mana, and the more powerful the Spirit and the longer the duration is, the more the consumed Mana will be. But in your case Soma, by the point your Mana was consumed by half, finally did your natural Mana recovery catch up with the consumption bringing the decreasing of your Mana to stop. Other than that, I discovered that you have no natural aptitude for any attribute, but through your contract with me you gained the attributes of Dark and Light as they are my defining elements}(Aion)

 

“And that explains why I’m able to use Light and Dark Magic normally but for any attribute other than those two I had to rely on the magic preloaded in the sword”(Soma)

 

{Well, for now I’ll head out and do my part!}(Aion)

 

“Yeah, I leave that to you”(Soma)

 

After their exchange, Aion disappeared, leaving Soma to explain things in more detail to Marina, Rimi, and everyone else. After that, Soma explained to them where did Aion go and what he was going to do.

 

Once everyone settled down, and they assembled everyone going to act as witnesses, they took off to the mines. The whole time since the undoing of the Spirit Possession, Marina and Rimi have been staring at Soma non-stop trying to memorize everything about his new appearance.

 

Everyone aside from Soma’s party was astonished and horrified upon seeing the hollow mountains from the inside. After that, they headed for the staircase going down and started descending it while taking breaks from time to time since not everyone was physically fit to go down the long staircase in one go. And after roughly 3 hours they finally reached the bottom of the staircase and at the same time, the sound of people talking and working behind the metallic door in front of them reached their ears which caused their blood to start boiling with rage.

 

Seeing the angry faces of everyone behind him, Soma smiled and kicked the door with enough power to send it flying deeper into the space behind it.

 

Behind the door was a group of Holy Knights, nobles from The Four Cardinal Kingdoms, Love Church priests, and many workers transporting ores and putting them in the Magic Formation curved in the center of the open cylindrical space that was filled with heaps of ores. Their work was going as always without any hindrance, and you could hear the workers, Holy Knights, and everyone else laughing at and mocking the inferior mongrels of this kingdom as they knew nothing about what was happening beneath their feet. But all of that was brought to a sudden stop by the loud sound coming from the direction of the only door leading to the Transportation Room they were in. The moment they reacted to the sound, the door that was sent flying by Soma crashed into a group of nobles and priests who were late to react, killing them. From the direction the door came flying from, they saw the one to blame for this horrific tragedy. Soma came in, walking dauntingly with his sword unsheathed and smiling threateningly at them.

 

“Well, it seems that some bugs were squished to death by the door I kicked. Well, it doesn’t matter, they were nothing but dirty worthless bugs at the end of the day”(Soma)

 

Seeing all of this unfold in front of their eyes was enough to send the Holy Knights into a fit of rage. They all unsheathed their weapons at the same time and stood in formation, ready to strike the heathen who interrupted their Holy mission and killed their comrades and even insulted them after that.

 

“Who the hell are you?! And how dare you kill our comrades like that?! Don’t you know who you are antagonizing?!”(Holy Knight)

 

“Are you rotten in the brain or what? Did you forget that you are acting like a thief beneath Akud or what? Of course, I was sent by the Lord of Akud to exterminate the pesky rats scuttling beneath the town. And did you ask me whether I knew who I was antagonizing? I know that you all are here to steal another country’s resources by the orders of that bitch calling herself the Love Goddess”(Soma)

 

“You bastard!! How dare you to insult the Goddess Of Love?!!”(Holy Knight)

 

The Holy Knights couldn’t hold themselves back any longer and started attacking Soma with their swords, spears, bows, and magic in a frantic fit. Soma stood there waiting for their attacks to reach him, and the first to reach him were the arrows and magic hurled in his direction. Not all the arrows and magic were aimed at him directly, as some of them were aimed at the vicinity around him to block any attempt to dodge their attacks. But Soma didn’t care about that at all and intercepted all the arrows with a slash of his sword that was engulfed by a huge amount of wind that knocked all the arrows down. The magic spells launched at him didn’t reach him either, since all of them bounced off an invisible wall that was erected 3 meters in front of him.

15