Chapter 4: Meeting the King
4.7k 9 174
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Young Miss, please don't run so much! You might trip if you do."

Playing around with a bird toy in the garden of the estate, Sabrina chases after me while I run from her. As if we're playing tag right now.

"Got you!"

Ahhh, she caught me! My baby legs aren't fast enough!!

No choice then. I got to use my special technique: Cute Baby Eyes!

"Mgh!"

Yes... it's working. Now, let me go, Sabrina.

"Jeez, how can you be so cute yet so mischievous, huh? You can play, but just don't run, okay? I don't want you to get hurt."

"Okay~!"

As she lets me down, I immediately use the greatest technique of all: Running away!

"Ah, Young Miss! I told you not to run!!!"

Muahahaha, I am speed!

However, my stamina as an one year old, isn't the best. Allowing Sabrina to catch me again, as she then flicks my forehead once. Ouch.

This time, not permitting me to play anymore, Sabrina proceeds to carry me into the house, where I look up at the window of my father's office and saw the King looking at me as well. Giving me a smile and a wave, he closes the blinds.

I wonder what they're talking about in there? Hopefully I won't be engage to one of his sons or whatever, by the end of their conversation.

???

"Hohoho. You daughter really looks like you, huh, Lucius?"

"Hmph, of course she is. Mercedes has my eyes after all."

"But the rest of her traits are Evelyn's, no? Seems like she'll be more like her than you."

"I'm not giving my daughter to your nine month old son, Licht."

"I know, I know, Lucius. I'm more of thinking that she'd be good friends with him, and his twin sister instead."

Oh. Okay then, that's fine I guess.

"Although, if he were to fall in love with your daughter, then I might have to engage him with her, okay?"

Try it, bitch. I'm not afraid to commit treason.

Going back to his seat, Licht sat down and lounges on the sofa like the king he is.

"Dude, really?"

"What. It's fine, ain't it?"

Well some things never change, huh? Licht has always been acting like this ever since we were little. And now that he is actually one, nobody can complain about his attitude... Except for me that is.

"Ow!"

Using my magic, I created a small updraft which punches Licht straight up in the face.

"Seriously!? You used magic on your king!?"

"But right now, you're not as the king. You're here as my friend, right?"

"Yeah, I guess that's true. But it still hurts, man!"

"Hey, don't worry about it. If there's a bruise, just ask Evelyn to heal you. She is a former priestess after all."

...

He stares at me for a moment. And then gave me the finger.

"Eat shit and die, Lucius."

"Yes, fuck you too, Licht."

We're really good friends.

???

 "Come come... throw it to Uncle Licht, little Mercedes."

Some time after my father's conversation with the king, I, for some reason, am currently playing ball with the said king. Or in this case, Uncle Licht.

Doing as His Majesty says, I throw the soft, harmless, hand ball at him with all of my one year old might. Which is really weak as you can imagine, for he caught it easily.

"Hohoho. Put a little more into your back and your throw will become more powerful, girl."

Umm... why are you teaching a one year old, how to throw a ball like a pro?

Never mind, I'll just do that then.

"Iya!"

The ball was easily caught again, like the last time. However this time, Uncle Licht makes a smirk as he turns to my father watching next to him.

"Hey, Lucius. Your daughter sure is a fast learner. Why not teach her your swordsmanship as well, when she grows up? I'm sure she'll adopt it easily."

What!? No no no no no. I don't think it'd be that easy for me to learn it, Your Majesty.

"That will depend on, whether she wants to learn it or not. And if it's for her own protection, then I believe learning magic would suffice."

"Oh ho. With your doting parent capabilities, I thought you would be more cautious of your daughter's safety, but it seems like I was wrong, huh."

"Of course I care about her safety. But I care about her well being and happiness more. If my daughter doesn't want to learn swordsmanship, then I won't force her to."

"Alright then, I take back what I just said."

Awww. Thanks, daddy. I'll be studying the blade when I grow up though. Just don't expect me to learn it that easily.

After their small talk, father joins us in playing ball, where I would mostly throw it at him because he's my father after all.

Although when Uncle Licht makes a sad look on his face, I couldn't help but throw it to him then, in order to make him smile.

Are you a kid, Uncle Licht!?

And as time flies by, Uncle Licht eventually leaves and return to his palace. Seldomly coming back in a few days later to play with me again.

The more times he visits, the more I learn about the royal family. But more importantly, it seems that I will be meeting his twin son and daughter when we grow up, who are three months younger than me.

At least there is no engagement with royalty for now. Becoming engaged to a prince is one of the three things that I do not want, if I were to be isekai'd. Because of the painful politics and expectations from other nobles, that will come after.

Eventually, four years have already passed, as I am now five years old.

"Wait up, big sister Mercedes!"

"You're too fast, big sis!"

"Noooo. You two are just too slow as chasers, Adrian, Aria."

Come on! I'm just one runner. So try and catch me, both of you!

? Here's the next choco.

Thanks again for reading.

Remember. Click on that heart after reading the chapter. I love to see its number rise.

174