Chapter 5: The Twins
4.7k 14 157
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Six months before I turned five.

I was introduced to the twins of Uncle Licht, for the first time.

"Little Mercedes, this my son, Adrian L. Ferashide, and this is my daughter, Aria K. Ferashide. Adrian, Aria, this is Mercedes Lodengrimm. She'll be your friend from now on."

Aww~ They're hiding behind their father. How cute~!

Adrian and Aria. They are identical twins, both with golden blond hair and red eyes like their father, but their facial features are different. Most likely from their mother, the Queen, who I presume to be an elf. Because of the fact that their ears are pointy, compared to human ears.

"Hello, I'm Mercedes Lodengrimm. Nice to meet the both of you!"

Giving them a smile as I stuck my hands out, the twins silently grab them and give me a small nod.

How cute! They're a little shy, but that's alright I guess. After all, it's their first time meeting someone around their age, I think.

"Let's go play in my room. I got lots of toys in there."

My family bought too many every birthday in fact. Is the family budget still okay, I wonder?

Into my room with the adults behind us, I proceed to take out some building blocks, dolls, plush toys, ball toys, toy swords, board games like chess and checkers, and many more.

We begin to play with all of them, whereas the adults sat by the corner in the room and watch us, while they have their own chat as they drink tea.

First was the building blocks. With the work of three kids, we somewhat made a home for us to play house in. Other than the doll house which came as a set with the dolls.

I played the role of the father, whereas they played the role of my children. However, because they were so silent throughout the entire time, I said in my most manly voice, that I'm going to buy some milk and ended the game.

Moving on, I decided to do something more physical instead, as it doesn't require any talking, only moving.

Which is why we are now outside in the yard, with the adults still supervising us.

"Adrian. Catch!"

"Ah."

I tossed the ball at him, who misses it and is now rolling away from him. Allowing Aria to pick it up instead, as she is the monkey. Which makes me the monkey now, shit.

And for some reason, they are more motivated whenever I'm the monkey. Making it difficult for me to catch the ball, because of their perfect team play.

Argh! Why are they so good at curving the ball? Have they learn magic already? I haven't learn it yet!

Come on... catch it! Catch it! Catch it-

"Whoa!"

I tripped.

Seeing that I've fallen, my parents and brother ran up to me.

"Mercedes, darling! Are you okay?"

"Yes, daddy, mummy and big brother. I'm fine... see."

To show that I am alright, I jumped up and showed them that there are no scars on me whatsoever. Allowing them to be relief.

"Pfft."

Huh, what was that? Did someone laughed?

Looking around me, I find no one doing such thing. My parents are just relief, the twins are silently standing there, whereas Sabrina is serving more tea to Uncle Licht, who is sipping it calmly.

Was it my imagination then? I guess it was just wind, huh?

Anyways, because of my exhaustion from running about too much, we head back into my room and played some board games.

It shouldn't require talking as well, just some big brain energy. Although I wish I could hear the twins' voices. I'm sure it'll be somewhat cute, fitting for them.

"Hohoho. Seems like they're getting along really well, huh?"

"Yeah, they are. I guess we can leave them be now. Seeing that they should be alright."

Oh. The adults are leaving, huh?

They all stood up, and exited the room.

"Well then, sweetie. Have fun with the both of them, okay?"

"I will, mummy."

The door closes, whereas I return to the board and think of my next move.

Hmm... okay... Imma move this bishop here.

"Okay, Aria. It's your turn-"

"Ugh, finally they left."

Huh?

Looking up to the twins, I see Aria picking her nose, whereas Adrian then lies down and...

"Ah, the board! We were still playing, you know."

"Like I care about that anymore." said Aria flicking her booger at me.

"Eww! Gross! Disgusting! Don't throw it at other people, Aria!"

"Huuuuh, why are you giving me orders?"

"I'm not ordering you I'm just-"

"Shut up, brownie. We're royalty, and you're just the daughter of a duke. Meaning we are higher than you." Adrian points at me in his lounging position. "Now go on all four and become my horse. I want to ride you."

What!? Da fuck is this brat saying!?

"Yeah, like what my brother said. On your knees, little brown pony. I want to ride you as well."

*snap*

These motherfucking entitled little brats... I see how that is.

Fine! You want to play it that way? Well three can do the same!

"No."

"What!?"

"I said no. I'm not an animal, I am human. If you want a horse, then ask your father for one, you brats."

Oh, they are angry now. Their faces are fuming red.

I don't care if you, or your voices are actually cute anymore. You mess with me, I'll mess with you!

"How dare you talk to us like that!?"

"We are royalty, you know. You should be respecting us!"

"No I don't. Respect is something to be earned, not deserved. That's what my brother said."

I flicked my fingers at their foreheads, like how Sabrina always does. Causing the both of them to tear up.

"You... you..."

"If you're gonna cry, then do it quietly please. I don't want to hear it."

"You... Say you are sorry to us!"

"No. It is YOU TWO who should be apologising to me."

Their face became even redder than before, with possibly steam now coming out from their elf ears. And controlled by their emotions, they both simultaneously take out a white glove from their pockets, and throw them at my face. Pointing at me with their finger afterwards.

"We challenge you to a duel, Mercedes Lodengrimm!" they said together.

"Oh ho, and what will the challenge be, pray tell?" I picked the gloves up.

Their eyes widen as they look at each other. Turning their backs to me, crouched down, while whispering to each other.

Hey hey, you're deciding on that now?

After a while, they nod at each other and look at me. Standing back up and announce the contest.

"We challenge you to a drawing match!"

"The object we will all be drawing, is your mother. So prepare yourself, brownie!"

Ohohohohohoho~

I'm gonna destroy these kids' careers.

More chocolate for you. ?

As for those who are animals, here are some hugs instead. ???

Be sure to click on that heart if you like the chapter. Have a nice day!

157