Chapter 11: Seeing the Twins again
3.9k 8 153
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It's been a while, big sister!"

"We missed you soooo much!"

Greeting them by the main entrance, Adrian and Aria hug me tightly, as they were unable to see me for a month.

"I missed you two as well."

Hugging them both in return, we head to my room afterwards, where they wanted to play house first.

Abidding to that, I took out the dolls and play house. However, when deciding the roles, they both wanted me to play the 'husband', while they play as 'my wives'. And when I told them that only one of them should have the role, Aria withdrew from it voluntarily and for some reason, chose to play as the 'mistress' instead.

"Umm, why that?"

"Why not?"

I turn to Adrian.

"You're okay with this, wife?"

"Why not? She's my sister."

"Err..."

While playing house, the situation would somehow, always end up with me, the husband, in romance with the two of them. And every time that happens, the twins' eyes would lit up as they look at me.

These... These two. They are saying that love me, aren't they? They have fallen in love, probably from a month ago, or it could be some time while I was teaching them art.

Anyways, I'll leave it aside for now. It might be my misunderstanding or it might not. Either way, they are still children. Their childhood crush on me might change, when they grow up and meet more people.

After playing house, we head outside with Sabrina supervising us. Where I show Adrian and Aria the creation magic which I have studied for the past month, making numerous small and large things with it, that really impressed them.

"Amazing~!"

"Yeah, it's really cool."

The two look at each other and nod.

"Big sister."

"Big sis."

"What is it?"

"We have actually learnt some magic as well."

"Huh? You did that by yourself!?"

"Yup!"

Hearing this, I brought them to the courtyard where daddy and big brother are training, telling them that Adrian and Aria are going to show their magic to me. Which stopped their training momentarily, as they bring out some dummies to serve as targets. Standing next to me, because they also want to see the twins' magic.

Starting first, is Adrian whose body begins emitting mana, focused onto his hand.

"[Lightning Shot]."

What? What the fuck?

The lightning that came out from Adrian's hand, caused an explosion upon impact with the dummy. Resulting in part of the courtyard to be reformed.

I stood there shock and thought, "Is this what the side characters felt, when they see an overpowered protagonist, doing overpowered things? That was only a basic level spell, right!?"

But for some reason, I was the only one shocked, as my father, brother, and the servants nearby, showed no sign of being surprised.

"Did... Did you expect this, daddy?"

"Hm, of course. Half or not, those two are elves after all. It's naturally expected for this to happen. As for the courtyard... we'll fix it later."

Okay but... isn't this a little too much? They're only four, soon five, and one of them can already make an explosion like it's nothing!

After that, a new set of dummies are placed for it is Aria's turn. Holding a wooden dagger in her hands, she channels her mana into it.

"[Shadow Blade]."

The dagger darkens and now has a sharp edge. Aria then assumes her position and envelops her body with mana.

"[Shadow Walk]."

She disappear into her own shadow, appearing behind the dummies where the shadows are, as she instantly slices them up into pieces.

Not as shocking when compared to Adrian's spell earlier. But it's still frightening that she is able to do that.

Everybody applaud the two, which I then do so as well.

However, if the magic of these two are considered normal for young elves to possess, then I do not want to know about the adult elves right now.

Finished with their demostrations, Adrian and Aria came running to me, as I praise their skills in magic and gave them head pats.

Finally, we returned to back to my room, where the twins showed me of what they drew during the past month.

"Wow~ you two have seriously improve yourself. These are brilliant!"

"Thank you."

As we draw somethings on a new page of our sketchbooks, the time for Adrian and Aria to leave has arrived. Waving goodbye to them, and hoping to see them again on the next holiday.

 ???

At night. In my pajamas. I am drawing some objects on my bed, fooling around with my creation magic when suddenly, I hear a knock on the door.

"Mercedes, it's your big brother. Are you still awake?"

"Ah, yes. Come in."

Entering the room, my brother in his pajamas, sees me on the bed and approaches nervously, as he sits on the bed.

"Little sister, m-may I ask you a favour?"

Hmm, what's this? My big brother is acting all formal with me.

"What is it?"

Taking a deep breath, he turns his body to face me.

"I want you to make a portrait of someone, and put it on a canvas."

"Sooo, you want a painting of someone?"

"Y-yes. That's right."

"Alright, big brother. So who is she?"

"Wh-what!? How did you know?"

"I didn't. You just told me."

"Ah."

Realising that he can no longer be secretive about their identity, not like he can when he's asking me to draw that person, big brother begins telling me the details of his crush.

"Her name is Alisha Laymin, the second daughter of Duke Laymin."

Ohh... A member of one of the three ducal families in the country, huh?

"She is twenty-two years old, soon twenty-three, as her birthday is coming in two weeks time."

So, that's what he failed get earlier today: a birthday present that will increase her affection for him. But was sold out by the time he reached the shop. Probably the alternatives as well. Although, I wonder what they are? To be sold out before noon, and possibly have no new stocks before two weeks.

"Alisha, she... She has long dark purple hair with some of it, partially covering one of her blue eyes. The shape of her eyes are round and gentle, somewhat similar to mother's."

Alright, gotta jot that down...

"She loves reading, who has read every book except for the very rare ones, which was what I tried to buy, when I'd heard that seven of those types were in different bookstores. But I was too late, as someone else had already bought them all."

"So... why ask for a portrait then?"

"Because she also loves art as equally as she loves books. That's why I came to you, little sister."

Ahhh... that makes sense.

"Oh. And also, she's a dark elf."

"..."

Like father, like son, huh?

I'll leave the chocolate here. ?

Thanks for reading. Be sure to hit the like heart.

153