Chapter 13: Socialising is boring. But the food is good!
3.8k 7 147
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"These are delicious! I wonder who made them?"

An hour after the party began, I got bored from socialising with other people and decided to eat my time away.

It's not like there are only adult or anything. Some of the guests brought children with them as well. However, they are way more annoying and arrogant than past Adrian and Aria, before they changed. And no way am I going to be friends with them, uh-uh. These kids are too deep into their ego, for me to have a proper conversation with them.

As for Lady Alisha, I have introduced myself to her, before the other guests swarmed her and pushed me out of the circle.

Now after receiving her presents, she is currently chatting with my brother, Sir Vali, and Prince Sion, in plain sight of the other guests, chatting among themselves, drinking tea and eating some cakes from the vast array of food, that are still untouched by most of them.

People of nobility, what the fuck is wrong with you!? You got some first class food, made by some first class chefs, and when they are displayed like an all-you-can-eat buffet, you don't eat them!? At least take a slice of cake or something! I feel bad for the chefs who got hired, only for their creations to be thrown away.

That is why, in honor of the people who have made these, I shall eat as many as I can, until I am stuffed!

And so, on the plate now is the brownies, one of my favourite cakes! With caramel sauce added onto it, I take a bite.

"Mmmm~❤ Dis ish delizous!"

Sabrina is an excellent baker, but this one takes it to another level!

"Hmm... so you like the brownies, huh? Then what about chocolate fudges?"

"Hueh?"

Looking up behind me, I see a dark elf woman talking to me. A dark elf woman who is not Lady Alisha, but who I can only assume, is her mother. With the exact same facial traits as Lady Alisha, but with the body similar to my mother.

"Ah, where are manners. I am the Duchess Laymin, Aisha Laymin, Alisha Laymin's mother, I heard from young Frederick that it was you who painted the portrait present for my daughter, is that right, Lady Mercedes?"

With the cake still in my mouth, I nodded in response instead.

"It's beautiful, is what I want to tell you. I've never seen such a beautiful portrait of my daughter, made by a child. And what's more, that said child is enjoying the food I've made for today, and I'm thankful for that."

"You made these, Duchess Laymin!?"

"Yes. All of them. I love cooking after all. Do you dislike any of them?"

"No. These are all delicious! Thank you, Duchess."

"Fufufu, you're welcome, Lady Mercedes. Enjoy my daughter's party. I'll see you again in the future."

And with that, she left. Now then, time to return to eating them- Ah! My stomach's rumbling... I'm going to go pick some flowers for a moment.

 ??????

Ahhh~ My system is clear. Alright, time to eat more cakes- Huh, what is he doing?

Walking back to where the party is, I spot a grey hair boy being sneaky behind some bushes.

"What are you doing?"

The boy turns around in surprise. Showing me his green eyes.

"Shh! Get down."

Doing as he says, I crouch down next to him, and whisper face to face.

"Soo, what are you doing?"

"You see Glasses over there?"

He points to where my brother, Lady Alisha, Sir Vali, and Prince Sion are. Specifically, Sir Vali from what he said.

The boy then shows me a small translucent paper, holding a solid substance.

"Isn't this..."

"Yup, bird poop. I'm gonna put this into that teacup of his."

"Won't they notice you, coming up to him?"

"Uh huh, that's why I'm gonna launch it from here, using this."

He then takes out a slingshot and shows it to me.

"I know what you're thinking and don't worry, I'm a great shot. They'll think that a bird flew pass them, and dropped one into the teacup."

I literally did not think of that. I just thought of where he got the slingshot, because I want one.

"So after dropping that into the cup, what are you going to do next?"

There's gotta be more to it, right?

"Great question. After dropping the poop into the cup, he will have to leave his seat and get a new one. That is when I shall move to his seat, and place this on it."

The boy takes a whoopee cushion. I don't know where he got it, but I seriously want one! That, and the slingshot.

"Won't you be found out? It's not like you can shoot it from here, right? And with that colour, it will be noticed before anyone sat on it."

"That's true. Which is why I will be using illusion magic to conceal myself, AND the fart pillow after placing it on the seat."

So he uses illusion magic as well, huh?

"There. I've answered your question. So don't try and stop me, okay?"

I put out my hand.

"Give me that thing. I'll place it on the seat."

The boy's eyes open in shock.

"Wait, you're serious? I thought you'd be stopping me instead."

"Why should I do that? You tell me of this brilliant prank, and then you ask me to sit by and do nothing? I'm joining in on the fun. Don't try and stop me, okay?"

"Pfft! You're really weird, you know that?"

"Is that so?"

"Yes. Other people will normally try and stop me. But you... you decided to join me instead."

He passes me the whoopee cushion. Or as he calls it, the fart pillow.

"Welcome abroad, sister. Don't blame me if you get caught, okay?"

"Oh don't worry about that. I can use illusion magic as well."

"Heh~ That's sweet. Alright then, start the chant now, I'm gonna shoot the poop."

"Aye aye, sir."

Holding the fart pillow in one hand, I focus my mana on my entire body, to use the spell.

"Conceal my presence,

And my vessel too,

For I am nowhere,

Within the sight of thine.

[Clear Shroud]."

My body turned invisible, and so did the fart pillow. But only because I am still holding onto it.

Just as the boy aims his slingshot up, I chant the next spell to hide the item for when I'm not touching it. Whereas the boy then releases his grip, firing the bird poop into the air.

"Thou art there,

Yet art not,

Thou shalt be concealed,

To all but I.

[Clear Favour]."

*plop*

The poop drops exactly into Sir Vali's teacup. Causing the four to look up, only to find no birds flying above them. However, the fact that a dropping landed into his cup made Sir Vali leave his seat, excusing himself from the group. Allowing me to stealthly run up to his seat, place the fart pillow, run back to the boy, hide behind the bushes, and undo my invisibility. Where we now wait for the reckoning to occur.

*pppppprrrrrrrttttpppp*

"Pfft! Hahahaha! He fell for it."

"He sure did... pfft!"

Sir Vali picks up the whoopee cushion, whereas the other three giggle. Staring at it, his eyes immediately turns towards us with a glare.

"Oh no. He found us."

With the face of the devil, Sir Vali slowly walks nobly to where we are.

"Quick, run!"

The boy grabs my hand, pulling me along with him as I look back to see Sir Vali, standing there where he just stares at us.

Running far away from the party, we stopped and laid down next to each other, underneath a tree. Breathing heavily to catch our breath.

"That was fun! Did you see the look on his face?"

"Yeah. We are sooo getting chewed out later, but that was worth it for the laughs!"

"Hahaha! Agreed. After the party, big bro is gonna lecture us all day."

"Big bro?"

Now that I look closely at him, he...

"My name is Loki Lekrona, second son of the Lekrona ducal family. What's yours?"

"I'm Mercedes Lodengrimm, daughter of the Lodengrimm ducal family. Nice to meet you, Loki."

"Nice to meet you too, Mercedes."

Here you go, choco. ?

Also, what do you think of the chant? Is it good, okay, cringy, bad?

Thanks for reading. Hit the heart if you like this chapter. Cheers!

147