Chapter 14: The Fool
4.1k 17 140
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Some time in the afternoon. As my lessons with Miss Angelica is over, me and big brother are currently swinging the wooden swords in our hands, doing sword training regime as per usual. Whereas my father is currently in his office, meeting an uninvited guest who wished to see him.

"Hey, big brother. When is daddy coming?"

"Hmm... I'm not sure. Father sure is taking his time. I wonder if he's having a good time with the guest?"

Looking at the house, big brother then turns to me.

"While we wait for father, want to spar with big brother?"

"Yes."

We stand away from each other in a distance. Taking our stance, I charge in towards my brother. But before I swing my attack, I see daddy walking towards courtyard.

"Ah, daddy!"

"You're open!"

"Uwaa!"

Distracted by my father in the background, my brother took the chance and sweep my leg off the ground. Causing me to flip onto my back, flat on the ground.

"You shouldn't lose your focus against the enemy, you know."

Big brother then turns around and bows to daddy.

"You sure took your time, father. Was there trouble with the guest?"

"About that, he's right here."

My father moves aside, revealing the guest behind him.

"Loki!?"

"Yo, Mercedes. I've come to play."

"Frederick, Mercedes, from now on, Young Loki here will be joining us for training everyday."

"What? Loki is going to learn swordsmanship!?"

"Yep! That, and archery as well."

Oh, well... I guess it makes sense for him to learn archery, considering that he had shot a bird poop into a cup, from a considerable distance. But swordsmanship? How well will he fare in today's training, I wonder.

The answer? Pretty horrible. For while big brother and I are sparring, Loki, who has only finished his third lap, is already breathing heavily from running. Resulting in him collapsing onto the ground from exhaustion, after finishing the twenty laps his was given.

"Are you alright, Loki?"

"I... I need... I need some water..."

No, bro. You need some milk- I mean rest!

However, it doesn't seem like my father is letting him go that easily. Stabbing the wooden sword he wields into the ground, my father makes a sadistic face of a devil, smiling contently at Loki, who is still catching his breath on the floor.

"Get up, boy! You're not gonna quit now, are you? Not after saying something like that earlier. Even if you're a child, I won't go easy on you!"

"Dude, what did you say to my father?"

"I-It's a secret."

Loki smiles at me, before getting up as daddy passes him his wooden sword, telling the boy to swing it more times than when I first started the training.

Daddy really isn't going easy on him. Just what the hell did you say to him, to make you go through this, Loki!?

???

Some time before Mercedes's swordsmanship training and during her magic lessons with Angelica, Lucius Lodengrimm is doing some self-training in the courtyard, when the Head Maid suddenly interrupted him.

The Head Maid bows, "My apologies for disturbing you, Duke. But you have a guest."

"A guest? There are no appointments today though. Who is it?" Lucius asked.

"It's the second son of Duke Lekrona, Loki Lekrona, sir. He came without his family's knowledge, wishing to speak with you, and won't leave until you do so." she answered.

"Loki Lekrona, the problem child of the Lekrona family, huh?" Lucius thought to himself. "I heard from Frederick that, he has become friends with Mercedes."

Lucius puts away his sword and takes a towel from the servant holding it. Wiping his sweat off, he said to the servant, "Tell Frederick and Mercedes that I'll be gone for a while. So tell them to start doing their usual training, until I return."

"Understood, Your Grace." replied the servant.

Lucius then approach the Head Maid and asks, "Where is the young man, right now?"

"In your office, waiting for you, sir." the Head Maid answered.

"Serve him some tea and snacks. Tell him to wait, while I change into a much proper attire than this." instructed Lucius.

"Understood, Your Grace." the Head Maid bows before leaving the premise.

Returning to his room, Lucius takes off his current clothes and changes into a nice looking suit. Checking himself in the mirror, before exiting his room as he heads towards his office.

Opening the door, he sees Loki eating some cookies, who is also looking at him. Immediately swallowing the pieces of cookie in his throat, as he stands up from the sofa and bows.

"Greetings, Duke Lodengrimm. Thank you for coming to see me, despite my sudden visit."

"It's fine." Lucius replied. Sitting down on the other sofa in front of Loki.

Resting his back on the sofa, Lucius asks, "Now then, let's cut to the chase. What are you here for, boy?"

Loki makes a smile, and gets straight to the point as told.

"I wish for your daughter's hand in marriage."

Suddenly, an outburst of mana emits from Lucius's body. Causing a rumble within the room, where cracks then begin to form everywhere on the wall behind him, and the table in front of him.

Lucius stands up, "You must either be a fool or have a death wish, to say that to my face!" glaring at Loki with intense bloodlust, his muscles begin to grow slightly, which cause his suit to tear.

However, Loki casually sips the remaining tea in his cup, sets it down and then looks at Lucius directly into his enraged eyes, with a wide smile on his face.

"I'm serious, Your Grace. I want your daughter. And for her, I'll do anything to get your permission."

"Anything, you say?"

"Yes. Anything."

Hearing the word, Lucius grins like the devil as he stares at the boy.

"Very well. Then from today onwards, I shall be teaching you swordsmanship, until you become a man worthy of my daughter."

"I accept the offer, Your Grace. And while you're at it, could you teach me archery as well? I think I'd be better at that than the sword."

"Sure, why not. Let's add that to the mix, why don't we?"

The two came to an agreement as they shook each other's hand. With one of them having no intention of giving up his daughter, while the other has no intention of giving up his desire.

??? Three chocolates for you!

With one more to boot! ?

Thanks for reading.

Heart the chapter, thank you. I love to see the numbers increase.

140