Chapter 17: Being the Wingman
3.2k 18 134
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today is Adrian and Aria's birthday. Arriving earlier than the time for the party, I see the twins running out of the entrance to greet me.

"Welcome, Big siste-"

"Welcome, Big si-"

The twins paused, as they see Loki, who I have brought, next to me.

Suddenly, they each take one of my arms and embrace it. As they then hiss at Loki like cats.

"Hisshaaaaa!!~"

Whoa there! Calm down, you two.

"Ahahaha... The Fourth Prince and Third Princess sure likes you, huh, Mercedes?"

"Yeah... They really do..."

I sighed. As the twins stopped their hissing.

"Big sister, who is this?"

"Yeah!~ Who are you!?"

"Should I do it? Or should you do it?" I asked Loki.

"I'll do it." he answered. Taking a bow to the twins, he proceeds to introduce himself.

"I am Loki Lekrona, second son of Duke Lekrona of the Lekrona household. Please to meet you, Your Royal Highnesses. And happy birthday to the both of you."

"Loki..."

"...Lekrona?" the twins questioned simultaneously. They pondered for a moment and then suddenly, their eyes popped out as they point at Loki.

"Ah! The piano boy!!!" said Aria.

"P-piano boy?" me and Loki asked.

"That's right, Big sis. Elder Sister Sofia told us about him before!... She said that his piano skills are amazing!" Adrian replied.

So the Second Princess's name is Sofia, huh?

The twins' expressions toward Loki immediately changed from a look of jealousy to a look of admiration, as they stare at him with their eyes shining brightly.

"Hey hey, can you play the piano for us, Big brother?"

"We really want to hear it, Big bro!"

Looks like you got some fans, Loki... And they are royalty.

I place my hands on their heads and pat them, calming the both of them from being too excited.

"Adrian, Aria, can you take us to your Elder Sister Sofia's room? Loki wants to meet her."

"Elder Sister Sofia's room?"

They look at me, then at Loki, then at each other and nod.

"Alright!" they said. As Aria grabs my hand and pulls me along with her. Whereas Adrian grabs Loki's hand and pulls him along with him.

The twins escort us into the palace, where I look in awe at the interior of the areas, comparing it to my family's estate, which is nothing when seeing the things before my eyes. As expected of the royal palace. This place would cost billions, if not, trillions if it exist in my previous world.

"This is Elder Sister Sofia's room."

"She should be awake now, so it's okay to enter."

"Alright. Thanks, you two."

I kiss the twins on their cheeks, which made them blush as they were surprised by my reward. Becoming obediently quiet afterwards, as I turn to Loki who seems to be nervous.

"What's wrong?"

"I.. I just don't know what to say to her... Putting the portrait aside, this will be the first time I'll be seeing her after all."

I slap Loki's cheeks, which made him surprised.

"Just be yourself, Loki. Don't act as someone you're not, or that will backfire instead."

I let him go. Loki then begins to ponder about what I've said, muttering my words softly.

"I'll go in first, alright? In the meantime, prepare yourself."

"Huh? Oh, okay... sure."

I stand right in front of the door, proceed to knock on the door-

"Please come in."

But before I did that, the voice inside already permit my entry. So I walk into the room and saw a frail little girl as expected.

So that's the Second Princess, huh? I can see why no visitors are allowed.

The Second Princess Sofia. She is a half-elf, possessing the same traits as Adrian and Aria, being their sister of course. She is wearing heavy and warm clothing on her thin body, which still did not stop her from shivering, despite the temperature of the room being normal.

I bow to her, "Greetings, Your Royal Highness. I am Mercedes Lodengrimm, daughter of Duke Lodengrimm of the Lodengrimm household. It's a pleasure to meet you."

The Second Princess shifts her body slightly and bows back, "Greetings, Lady Mercedes. I am Sofia L. Ferashide, the Second Princess of this country. It's a pleasure to meet you as well. Please, call me Sofia.

"Very well, Princess Sofia."

"So umm... What have you come here for?"

"I'm just here to be a wingman, Princess."

"A wingman?"

"Yes. I have brought someone you know, who wishes to see you as well."

"Someone I know?"

I turn around and face the door, "Come in, Loki."

As I say that, Loki enters the room. I then turn to see the Princess Sofia looking surprised, as she has not expected him to visit and starts to panic.

Now then, your fiancée is panicking. What will you do, Loki?

Loki walks up to Princess Sofia, who is shaking nervously as she looks at the boy before her.

Loki then puts out his finger and says, "Pull it."

Princess Sofia did and pulls Loki's finger.

*Ppppfffffffbbbbbttttt~*

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Pfft. Hahahahahahahahahahaha!~"

Looks like the fart joke worked, seeing that Princess Sofia is laughing our loudly and has totally forgotten about her nervousness.

Loki then looks at me, and I give him a thumbs up, which he does so as well. Leaving the two alone afterwards, as I exited the room where Adrian and Aria are waiting outside.

"Sorry, but hearing Loki's performance will have to wait."

"It's alright."

"We can wait."

The twins then grab both of my arms and drag me along with them.

"Hold on, both of you. Where are we going?"

"We are taking you to our room, Big sister."

"Yeah, we want to show you the golem we've created using magic."

A golem!? Holy shit, that's sweet!

"Heh~ What kind of golem is it?"

"We made him out of pickles..."

"...and we named him, Rick."

Say what?

They showed me their golem as they said they would, which is small in size and is really made out of pickles.

It was funniest shit I've ever seen.

Sorry guys. For some reason, my chocolates turned into pickles. So, here you go! ??? 

Remember to hit the heart. Thanks, I really appreciate it.

134