Chapter 22: Testing my skills
2.9k 17 126
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the courtyard, I am currently with Miss Angelica and my brother, testing my skills in magic on some dummies.

"Through thine Grace,

My body is thy vessel,

Illuminate and eradicate,

Thy foes are before me.

[Holy Ray]!"

A large beam of golden light shot out from the palm of my hand, erasing the dummies completely, as the spell continues forward to the protection barrier which was casted by Miss Angelica. Doing nothing to it as the beam dispersed.

*clap* *clap* *clap*

"Incredible, Lady Mercedes! In only two years, you have already learnt an advanced spell of holy magic."

"Yeah, great job, Mercedes. As your older brother, I'm proud of you."

Thanks for the praise, but the spell does takes a lot of my mana when using it. Well, it is a high level magic, so of course more mana is required.

"Alright then, next up is fire magic."

"Yes!"

My brother signals the servants to replace the dummies, and after a few minutes, I stand before my targets again.

"Ignite and burn,

With fiery might,

I call upon the spear of hell,

To decimate my foes before me.

[Crimson Judgement]!"

Like the [Holy Ray] earlier, this one is an advanced spell as well. Summoning forth a giant blade of fire on my right, it thrusts forward and incinerate the dummies into ashes.

"Ha.... Ha...."

Two advanced spells, that's all it took for me to be exhausted already. My body feels heavy, and my legs feel numb. Struggling to stand still, I stumble backwards into my brother's arm who have caught me.

"Hahaha. You're really amazing, little sister. But it seems like those two spells took a toll on you, huh?"

My brother then carries me in his arms. Walking towards Miss Angelica, he says that "Mercedes's lessons should end for today" to which Miss Angelica agrees, saying "Goodbye Lady Mercedes. I'll see you tomorrow." and left.

Big brother proceeds to carry me all the way to my room and lays me on the bed, taking a book from my shelf and a stool afterwards, he sits next to me and calls for a maid to pour him some tea.

After a while, I tried to get up, but big brother would push me back down and say, "Rest."

"Big brother, I'm fine already, you know. Some of my mana have already replenished."

"I know that, but just rest. Until all of your mana have replenish, I will be next to you, so that you won't be lonely."

I don't think I will be lonely though...

"So how's the book, big brother?"

"It's pretty good. Although, the main character is somewhat annoying."

"Yeah, I can agree with that..."

...

The next day comes around as I am currently engaging with my brother in a sparring match, with Loki sitting in a corner, spectating us from the sidelines.

"Come!"

I charge up to my brother and while doing so, I drew ball and use my creation magic spell, [Create], materializing the ball in my hand, made out of metal from my image, and threw it at my brother.

And yes, for today's sparring match, I get to use magic, whereas my opponent can't.

Big brother dodges the object and blocks my oncoming sword attack. However, I then point a finger at him and shout...

"[Flame Shot]!"

But just as the spell was about to fire, big brother pushes me away which changed the trajectory of the attack.

I'll need to distract him first...

"[Mirage]."

Multiple illusionary clones of me were formed, with some of them attacking my brother, while me and the rest of the clones stood in place, chanting the next spell.

"Spread and widen,

I call upon the blinding fog,

Surround my enemies,

And confuse them all.

[Misty Terrain]."

A sudden mist appears throughout the courtyard, giving me cover from my brother's sight, whereas I can see him clearly and begin drawing.

"[Create], [Create], [Mirage], [Mirage], [Create], [Create], [Mirage]."

Multiple wooden swords were made. Some are real, while some of illusions.

Sending more illusionary clones of me to attack my brother, I proceed to run him and throw the real swords at him. Whereas other illusionary clones throw the illusionary swords at him.

Big brother begins to swat all of the swords down, while also ignoring my clones attacking him, knowing that they can't hurt him. He takes some hits from the real wooden blades, but because of that, my location has been found as he charges towards me.

"[Create]."

However, just as he swings his blade at me, I make a wall which stopped the attack. And using that same wall as a platform, I jump up to my brother and kick him in the chin. Hard.

"That... hurts..."

Oh shit.

Big brother grabs my leg and throws me away. As I roll about the ground, he rushes towards me and swings his sword, hitting mine away when I attempted to block it.

"It's my lost... again."

"Hahaha! Nice work, Mercedes. That kick to my jaw was amazing! If I hadn't braced for it earlier, I would have passed out and lost instead."

As expected of an experienced fighter, his battle instinct are incredible.

My brother pulls me up from the floor. Whereas Loki approach us with drinks in his hands, passing them to us.

We drank it, and suddenly, big brother spat it all out.

"S-spicy!!"

"Pfft!"

Loki, you foolish little prankster.

"You better run right now."

"Yeah, of course."

Loki took off, and my brother chase after him at full speed.

"Come back here, Loki!"

"Hahahahahahahaha! No way!~"

I head to the corner, watching the two running around in courtyard when the Head Maid approaches me.

"Young Miss, His Grace and My Lady have returned."

"Already!? This is the sixth day. Shouldn't it be until tomorrow?"

"Well, they wanted to see you and Young Master again. Excited about the surprise they have for the both of you."

A surprise? You mean the souvenirs, right? Oh boy, I wonder what it is!

"Where are they now?"

"At the lounge, waiting for you two."

"Got it. I'll head there first. As for big brother, well... inform him when he's done with Loki."

"Understood."

Leaving Loki to his own demise, I quickly move to the lounge to see what my parents have in store for us.

"Daddy, mummy! I'm... here....."

Wh- who is that hiding behind my mother?

"Ah, Mercedes. Let me introduce you to her. This is Feylis Lodegrimm, from the Lodengrimm branch family. Due to some circumstances at the branch family, your mother and I have adopted her into our family, the Lodengrimm main family, as one of our own."

"Feylis is a year younger than you, sweetie. In other words, you have a little sister now! Isn't that great?"

"..."

"Mercedes...? Mercedes, what's wrong, sweetie??"

My new little sister slightly protrudes her head out from my mother's back, greeting me with a small and silent nod.

She has silver hair like my father's and has blue eyes like sapphire. However, my eyes are locked onto the top of her head, where her ears are.

Those ears...

SHE'S A FOX GIRL!!!

Thanks for reading! ?

126