Chapter 35: Grandpa’s Visit Pt. 2
1.8k 2 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Properly and formally dressed up now, I follow the Head Maid to the drawing room where Mummy, Daddy, and Grandpa are. Passing by the destroyed parts of the house along the way, where apparently, the contractors have already arrived and are already working despite being less than an hour since the commotion.

Huh, strange...

It was also then where I saw my big brother and called out to him.

"Big brother, good morning!"

"Oh, good morning, Mercedes."

My brother greeted me, then looked back at the workers removing the rubbles and measuring up the wreckage of the mansion.

"By the way, do you know what happened here? Like... why is house partially destroyed."

Huh?

"Big brother... you really don't know what happened here?"

"Nope. I was still asleep at that time so... mind telling me what happened?"

Seriously!? You were asleep the whole time, when the commotion woke everyone up!?

"Daddy and Grandpa destroyed the house. Mommy came to stop them soon after. That is the result."

"Oh... I see..... Wait, gramps is here!?"

"Uh huh. They should be at the drawing room now, waiting for us. Also, where's Feylis?"

Just as I said that, I feel a tug on my dress. Turning around to see who it is, I saw Feylis acting nervous with her ears hanging down and her eyes looking at me being cute and cuddly.

*Doki~*

I held my hand to my chest, feeling as if my heart had just skipped a beat when I saw her like that.

She's so fucking cute! Kawaii!!!

"Umm... Elder sister?"

"Hm, what is it, Feylis?"

"Umm... I uh... can I umm... sleep in your room from tonight onwards? My room is uh... kinda destroyed by earlier."

*Doki~ Doki~*

Feylis and I... sleeping in the same room. Her fluffy and puffy tail will be mine to fluff all night long. And this will continue... until her room is repaired.

"Of course you can!"

I pat her head with a delighted smile. Hearing my response, her ears perked up whereas her tail then wags rapidly. The expression on her face looking tense as if she's trying her hardest not to break out into a grin.

It seems like she's happy with my response. Well me too, girl... me too.

On my way to the drawing room, I was planning on giving Daddy and Grandpa my fury. But now... now I'm actually thankful to them for giving me this opportunity. Hell yeah!

"Let's go to the drawing room now, shall we?"

"Ah, yes!"

"Big brother as well. Let's go."

"Right behind you, Mercedes."

And so we moved along, heading straight to the drawing room where the Head Maid then knocked on the door.

"My Lady! The Young Master Frederick, Young Miss Mercedes, and Young Miss Feylis have arrived."

"Come in!"

Big brother walked in front of us and opens the door, going in first, followed by me and Feylis behind him.

"Wassup, Grandson! We meet again. Granddaughter as well! Oh! And the fox child too. Hello~!"

"Gr-Grandpa...?"

Why is his whole body tied up? And is Daddy alright? He's lying on the couch there with a horribly swollen face, all bruised up and what not.

Meanwhile, my mother is just sitting next to the tied up Grandpa, sipping tea very calmly. As if the scenery in the room is a normal thing to her.

"Umm, Mother... is Father alright?" my brother asked.

"Oh don't worry about him, sweetie. He's just resting now after I laid my punishment onto him."

Grandpa then laughs out loudly. "Punishment, yeah! You obliterated your own husband into a pulp. Funniest shit I've ever seen in a while! Hahahahaha!"

"Papa... shut up."

"Yes, ma'am."

I... I can't tell if I should be really amazed or be really terrified. Because this is the first time ever in my eight years of this life, I have seen my mother truly getting angry. It's amazing, yeah... but also terrifying because I wouldn't want to receive the same punishment as to what Daddy had received. Heck, I'm guessing Grandpa also received the same treatment, but only looks alright now because he used Holy Magic to heal himself.

"Well don't just stand there, you three. Take a seat."

As our mother told us, we took our seat on the two small comfy chairs that are free, with Big brother sitting on one of them, whereas Feylis and I sit on the other which is possible due to our small bodies.

"Okay... so why is Grandpa here?" I asked the man himself while patting Feylis' head who is eating a biscuit.

But instead of Grandpa answering the question, my mother was the one who spoke up for him.

"Your Grandfather is apparently returning to the Holy Country, Regalio, tomorrow. So, he came here today to inform us of that. Bringing some gifts for us which are waiting outside. As well as some contractors whom he brought along with him."

Wait, so the reason those contractors are already here was because of Grandpa!? Does that mean he expected the house to be destroyed before arriving here!?

I stare straight at my grandfather, who stares back at me before breaking into a big shit-eating grin, as if he's saying, "All according to keikaku," proudly.

I sighed... thinking to myself, how in the fuck did this man become the Pope in the first place? But then I recalled the part where my mother said, just a second ago, that Grandpa's leaving tomorrow and realised that I should tell him about my meeting with the Gods today.

"Umm... Gran—"

*GGoooronroorgoogoogoorroorooorgorogooo~*

Before I could say anything though, my stomach begins to rumble as I have not eaten breakfast yet, and same goes for the others here as Big brother's and Grandpa's stomach rumble as well.

*GGoooronroorgoogoogoorroorooorgorogooo~*

"I'm hungry. Can we have breakfast first?" Grandpa asked my mother, who then looks at the Head Maid who replied, "I'll go inform the chef to prepare it now." Leaving the room after bowing to us.

"Let's us go to dining room then. We can continue the conversation there."

Saying that, Mommy then stood up from the couch and proceeds to head out of the drawing room. Where she then gives an order to Sabrina waiting outside.

"Have someone bring my husband back to his room. He'll need to rest."

"Understood, milady."

Big brother then stood up from his seat as well and head out of the room. Followed by me and Feylis who do the same.

As for Grandpa whose body is still tied and restricted by ropes, he begins bunny hopping his way out of the room with Feylis and I watching.

"Err... Grandpa, should I just help you out of those binds?"

"Oh, no need to worry about me, Granddaughter. Go on ahead. Grandpa's right behind ya."

"Oookay~ then... Let's go Feylis."

"Uh... Mmm."

*Thud!*

*Thud!*

*Thud!*

*Thud!*

*Thud!* 

Slowly walking a few feet in front of Grandpa, Feylis and I can hear the sounds of each hop he makes. And then soon after that...

*Bong!*

"What the!?"

We quickly looked back after hearing a loud crash and saw Grandpa lying face down on the floor, with a big crack on the ground where his head is.

"That's... gotta hurt, doesn't it?" Feylis asked.

"I'm pretty sure it does." I answered.

Worried about Grandpa, Feylis and I tried to approach him to see if he's alright. But only after taking a step, Grandpa begins moving again. This time, crawling on ground like a worm, where his body moves up and down like a wave, creeping us both out. After a few centimeters was travelled however, Grandpa then stopped and tilt his head up to look at us standing here.

"Well don't just stand there. Help an old man out here!"

Oh now you want help!

Focusing my mana on my index finger, I drew a simple drawing of a knife on the air and said, "[Create]," conjuring the knife into being. With it in my hand, I then approach the Grandpa worm and cut the ropes. Erasing the knife out of existence after that since I have no use for it anymore.

Meanwhile, having his binds gone, Grandpa slowly stands up, spreading his arms wide as if he is ascending to the heavens.

"I have been freed~" he sang dramatically, before swiping the dusts off his clothes.

He then looks at us. "Alright, let's go." he said normally with a smile, as he, Feylis and I walk together to the dining room.

On the way there, I use this time now to talk to him. Pulling on his sleeve to garner his attention.

"Grandpa, I need to speak with you privately later. It's about... the Saint." I whispered the last part in a softer voice, trying to not let Feylis, walking next to us, hear it.

Getting what I meant, Grandpa just gave me the okay sign and continued walking.

Now then, with that, I can tell him about the news of the Abyssal Lord.

*Goarooaroooroanroaooro~*

...After having breakfast that is. I hope it's pancakes.

Thanks for reading. ?

73