Chapter 37: Catch the Fox!
1.7k 7 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wait up, Feylis!!"

Dashing across the corridor, Grandpa and I began chasing after Feylis as she had found out about me being the Saint, due to our carelessness.

We have to catch her fast before she tells anyone else. Failure to do so will result in me becoming famous! And I don't want that!

Reaching the end of the hallway, we turned right where the path continues, and almost bumped into a maid cleaning the windows.

"Whoa!"

That was close.

"Y-Young Miss, please don't run in the hallway."

"Right, sorry. We're trying to catch Feylis right now."

"Young Miss Feylis? She went passed by me earlier, but why—"

"Bye!"

We dashed off quickly, continuing chase. Running along the singular path of the hallway. we then came to a stop as we've reached a split point.

Where do we go? Forward or right? Which way did Feylis went? We need to make a swift decision now!

Just as I was thinking, Grandpa grabbed me all of a sudden as he headed towards the open window, placing one foot on the edge of the window with me in his arms. In the midst of wondering what he's thinking, I saw Feylis outside of the mansion, looking at us from the ground floor, and quickly running off as soon as she noticed what Grandpa is about to do.

...He jumped. All the way from the second floor window, which is still pretty high up from the ground.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!" I screamed out of fear looking down, because Grandpa here has just jumped up higher than the second floor window. Or rather, he has jumped higher than the mansion's height itself!

"Hang on, granddaughter!" he yelled which I can barely hear due to the wind blowing into my ears while we're falling.

Just before his feet touches the ground, Grandpa cladded his legs with mana, creating a small crater in the ground where he'd landed while his legs are perfectly fine.

Can you enhance your body by just using pure mana, I wonder? If so, that's a pretty neat trick I need to learn.

Grandpa then puts me down.

"Let's go!" he said, as we both continue our chase after Feylis.

We chased her throughout the garden, we chased her into the house, we chased her outside of the house, we chased her across the yard, we chased her into the house again. Each time we switched locations, we bumped into a maid or a butler or many servants all at once. Eventually, we chased Feylis into the corridor. However, she is still quite the distance away from us.

"Argh! She's really fast!"

"She is a Beastkin after all. And they are known to be faster and stronger than humans generally. Heck, even as a child, she's still faster than this old man."

"Well, at this rate, we'll never catch her. We need a plan right now, Grandpa!"

"Don't worry, granddaughter. Grandpa's got a brilliant plan already!"

Oh! As expected of Grandpa! Despite his flaws, an old man's wisdom is definitely helpful in situations like this.

"Alright, what's the pl—"

Before I could ask him, Grandpa grabbed me and slings me over his shoulder, holding me in his hands facing forward while Feylis gradually gets further away from us.

But in any case, this position...

"Grandpa, don't tell me..."

"Brace yourself, granddaughter! The corridor has no corners to turn into right now. Meaning, our target can't dodge right or left as of the moment!"

No, no, no, no, no! What do you mean "brace yourself"!? Don't you dare throw me, Grandpa! Don't you dare!!!

"And take off!!!"

With a powerful movement, Grandpa throws me aiming for Feylis, where I screamed...

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

My body flies across the corridor, moving at a faster speed than Feylis as I quickly close the distance between us. However, at this rate, I'll crash into Feylis, and it will result in a serious injury when that happens!

"Feylis, look out!"

I called out to her. But instead of dodging, she turns around and sees me heading straight for her at an extreme speed. Shocked, she had no time to evade as I close in on her.

Oh no! I thought, as I try to put my hand in front to try and push Feylis out of the way at the last second. However, Feylis then puts her arms out as well, seemingly ready to catch me the moment I'm within her reach.

The risks we took were calculated. But man, are we bad at math! Because not only did I fail to push Feylis out of the way, Feylis also failed to catch me too. So, as I close my eyes, we both crashed into each other, rolling across the floor with our arms wrapped around each other.

Ouch...

Feeling that we have stopped rolling, I then opened my eyes only to see Feylis's eyes looking back at me up close, as I immediately try to move away from her, however, before I did any of that, I feel a wet sensation of my lips.

Don't tell me...

I quickly got off her, and saw her face blushing red like a tomato. her tail, wagging aggressively across the floor, as well as her ears standing straight up.

"E-E-Elder sister... Just now, we... we..."

Feylis stuttered her words, mumbling incoherently. But despite that, I already know what she was going to say...

"We... k-k-kissed, didn't we!?"

Yup, just as I thought... She'd asked that.

"A... ha ha ha... S-Sorry."

I scratched my head nervously and apologised, seeing that I have just taken her first kiss, even though it was on accident.

And because I didn't deny it, Feylis becomes even redder than before, as steam can be seen coming out of her ears.

"Umm, Feylis. Calm down. You look like you're about to burst."

"E-E-Elder sister and I k-k-kissed... Th-th-that means—!"

"F-Feylis?"

"...I... I... I'm going to be pregnant with Elder sister's baby!!!"

*POOF!!*

Holy shit, Feylis exploded!

She's passed out, lying on the ground right in front of me with steam emitting from her head, while she mumbles some incomprehensible things in her unconscious state.

But still... Kissing makes you pregnant, huh? Who the hell taught her that?

"Looks like you caught her, eh."

I look up and saw Grandpa, standing over us with a shitty ass grin on his face.

Pissed off, I stood up and focused my mana onto my fist.

"Huh? What are you doing, granddaughter?"

This is payback for throwing me earlier, Grandpa!

"Repent, motherfucker.

[Holy Fist]!"

Throwing a straight right, my fist make its impact onto Grandpa's crotch, smashing his family jewels.

"Kuh! G-Granddaughter... You... Nice punch..."

Grandpa fell to the ground, holding his crotch in agony. While I leave him there, carrying Feylis on my back as I head to my room.

The Fox has been caught. Mission Success!

Casualties: 1

Thanks for reading! ?

 

87