Chapter 36: Grandpa’s Visit Pt. Finale
1.7k 18 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Nom Nom Nom... Can I have more please?"

"Mercedes, sweetie. That was your third serving. I'm pretty sure you had enough."

"Ehhh~ But I want more pancakes."

I stare at my mother with my cute cuddly eyes, begging for her permission to have more pancakes. It seemed to be working at first as she looks at me with sympathy. But then, Sabrina butts in.

"Young Miss, I would advice not to eat too much as well. You'll feel sick later, if you do."

Betrayed! I've been betrayed! By my own maid no less!

"Yes. Like Sabrina said, sweetie. Eating too much pancakes for breakfast will certainly not be good for you."

"But... But...!"

I want more pancakes!

In the face of despair and defeat, it was then that my hero, Grandpa, joined in on the conversation and saved me from the darkness.

"Now now, Eve. Just give the kid her pancakes."

"But, papa—"

"It's fine. If she can't finish it, then I'll eat the rest of her share. But if she can, then that's alright, ain't it?"

"Mmm...."

My mother contemplates for a moment before she sighed. "Fine..." she said, and signaled Sabrina for her attention. "Have the chefs make one more batch for Mercedes." she instructed.

"But..." Sabrina tried to say something, but immediately stopped as she then bowed and complied. "I understand." she said, leaving the room to request more pancakes from the kitchen.

Thank you, Grandpa!

I pumped my fist not so subtly, and look at my grandfather with a face of gratitude. Grandpa looked back, giving me a thumbs up and a smile.

Oh yeah. We getting pancakes.

???

About thirty minutes later...

Mommy, Big brother, and Grandpa were chatting about some things during that period while I was ignoring them and eating my heart away.

But now... I feel sick.

"Elder sister, are you alright?"

"Ugh... I don't feel so good."

Too much... pancakes....... And there's just one more bite left...

Ugh.....

My mother and Sabrina both sighed and rest their head on their palm. Big brother and Feylis became concerned and try to comfort me by patting my back. As for Grandpa... he's just laughing his butt off.

"Hahahahahahaha! Looks like the last bite is mine!" he said, reaching over the table to take the last piece of pancake and eat before my very eyes.

"Nooooooooo... My pancake.....!"

"Mhmmm~ Delicious."

And with that, breakfast is done as the maids and butlers came to clear the table while the rest of us, except me, got up from their seats. Seeing me unable to move from my seat, Mommy then calls for Sabrina.

"Bring Mercedes back to her room, will you?"

"Yes, My Lady."

Sabrina reached her arms out to carry me. But was then stopped by Grandpa who said, "No, no, no. I'll do it," and proceeds to lift me up with one hand, carrying me in one arm.

"Umm... Papa? What are you doing?" my mother asked.

"Hey, if I'm gonna stay here until dinner, I might as well spend some quality time with my granddaughter before I go. Is that a problem?"

"No. There's no problem at all." my mother answered and turned to Sabrina, who nodded and excused herself.

"I'll return to my room and check on my husband. Mercedes, have fun with your grandpa alright?"

"Okay~ Ugh...!"

I return back to my room, with Grandpa carrying me like a baggage. Upon reaching there, he then threw me onto my bed all the way from the entrance before entering. Grabbing a chair after that to sit backwards on, facing me.

"Now then..." he said. "What did you want to tell your grandpa, eh? Miss Saint Brave."

I lazily roll around my bed and look at Grandpa upside down.

"Well for starters, I met with the Gods." I told him.

Hearing that, Grandpa's eyes widen. "Seriously?" he asked.

"Yep. Just last night, while I was asleep. They brought me to their realm and spoke with me. Tell me of my mission whatnot."

"Your mission, huh? Let me guess, it's about the other Braves, am I right?"

"Uh huh. I'm supposed to learn a high level Holy Magic spell and dispel their curse, is what they said. And apparently, you know where some of them are, Grandpa."

"Of course I do!" Grandpa spread his arms out. "I've sent them each a letter about you, just yesterday! But other than that, I know nothing else."

"Right... So I already know that the Necromancer Brave is at the Nekros Magic Academy. But I don't know about the rest..."

Grandpa then clapped twice as he cheerfully spoke. "Alright granddaughter, listen up! Grandpa here only knows three of the Braves' locations. One is which you've already said. The second is at the Elven Kingdom Winhelm. And the third is at the Dwarven Nation Baxton. As for the rest, I do not know, so don't ask me."

The Elven Kingdom Winhelm... If I recall correctly from Miss Angelica's lessons, that's the birthplace of the Queen Millenna, Adrian and Aria's mother. A land of peace and serenity, and one of the safest countries in the world like Ferashide.

As for the Dwarven Nation Baxton... that place is like one of the largest countries in the world, with one of the greatest military to boot. Otherwise known as the Iron Fortress Baxton, which can protect its citizens from any outside forces easily. However, it is not as safe as Winhelm and Ferashide since the crime rate there is pretty high. Plus they don't really allow outsiders in that easily...

Meaning entering Winhelm won't be a problem for the future, but Baxton on the other hand is a different story.

Aaah ah... Why the hell must I be chosen one? This sucks... especially knowing that the Abyssal Lord is somehow alive...

Oh speaking of which. I should inform Grandpa about that.

"By the way, Grandpa..."

"Hm? What is it, granddaughter?"

"I was told by one of the Gods that I should tell you that the Abyssal Lord is alive."

"..."

"Umm, Grandpa—"

"Buahahahahahahahahahahaha!"

All of a sudden, Grandpa burst out laughing. Almost falling off the chair as he slaps his knee.

"Oh, that was good, granddaughter. That was a good one eeeeehhhhhhhhh— Please say you're joking."

"No, I'm not. 'Weak but alive, he is hiding somewhere in this world, recovering his strength in a new body,' is what they told me."

Looking into my eyes which looked back at him in seriousness, Grandpa stood up from his seat and started walking around in circles for a moment. Scratching the back of his head while processing what I'd told him, he then stopped and looked at me with a straight face.

"You know... I have never drank alcohol once in the 76 years of my life. But now... now I think gonna have some when I return to church. Because damn, are we fucked!"

Yeah. I get what you mean, Gramps.

"But ain't that why the Gods gave me the task of 'dispelling the Braves' curses'? So that we can defeat the Abyssal Lord when the time comes."

"And how fucking long do we have before that happens, huh? Do we even have a lead on where that fucker is!?"

"Well umm... no. The God who told me didn't exactly gave me a clue on where the Abyssal Lord is... Ain't that why he told me to tell you about it? So that you can have the church to search for the Abyssal Lord?"

"Granddaughter, I can't just send the entire church on a wild goose chase! Do you even know how big the fucking world is!?"

"Do your best, Grandpa!" I ignored his statement, smiling with a thumbs up.

"Yeah fuck you too, kid. So, is that all you wanted to tell me?"

"Yeah. That's all I guess."

"Great. Now let's go outside and open the gifts I brought for you, alright? I didn't know what you like, so I bought a ton of shit. Plus, I need some fresh air after hearing that."

Well, my stomach feels better now so let's go!

I got off my bed, whereas Grandpa put the chair back to its was. We both then went to the door and opened it to suddenly find Feylis by the entrance of my room.

"Feylis, what are you doing here—"

Wait... Did she overheard our conversation?

"Uh, uh, I..."

Feylis fidgets nervously looking at us, as she suddenly shouted.

"I heard nothing at all! Nothing about Elder sister being the Saint!"

She then ran off before Grandpa and I could react. And by the time we looked at the corridor where she ran off to, Feylis was not there anymore.

"Well... shit."

"You said it, Grandpa."

We looked at each other for a moment, before sprinting off together to where Feylis ran off to.

To prevent my identity as the Saint from leaking, we need to catch her quickly.

"Wait up, Feylis!!"

Thanks for reading. ?

67