‘Oh my, is that a side story?’ No 17.
822 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Face to face

I walked through an arch and in front of me was a large open space surrounded by walls. The sitting places are placed like in stadiums. I looked around and saw that the majority of places were occupied.

When my opponent, a warrior with a huge axe, entered the arena I was deafened by the crowd’s cheering. I was not met with anything which has disappointed me a bit. I was interested to find how far I can go while fighting.

A group of people in priest clothes walked in and explained the rules, mostly to me. The rules are: you can fight in almost any way but no killing, also no magic. So, I can’t just cut the opponent’s head straight away. A bit disappointing but I can do many other things.

Begin the fight!

The warrior ran straight at me. His wide swing was slow and I had a lot of time to evade. I decided to play around and did not counterattack.

The enemy continued swinging around the axe and I evaded some of his attacks. In the end even I grew tired of his inability to challenge me so kicked him in the back, the lower part of it.

QUIT FOOLING AROUND AND FIGHT ME!

He broke the close contact and was trying to provoke me into offensive. I did not even take out the weapon and that was making the enemy more and more agitated.

I was waiting and stood in one place, without any movements. I am sure my belt will not be damaged by him so I had no need to rush the fight. I have all the time in the world, and for that reason I gave my most charming smile.

DIE YOU W*!” He leaped at me.

FLASH

Falling body

‘Stiletto returned to scabbard’

Erhm… Delight won…” An unsure voice announced the result.

16