‘Oh my, is that a side story?’ No 20.
767 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Glory or nothing

I am standing in front of my final enemy. We look at each other and wait for the first mistake, the one which will end the fight.

“Miss Delight, while I could let you win, this would not be interesting.” My good friend, the warrior, is my final opponent.

“It is my honor, I shall win for Her Majesty.”

While I am assured of my victory, I cannot be too cautious. The warrior proved to be strong and capable in close combat. My stiletto will be a burden if I dare to approach carelessly.

We both stood on the same place, no one moved for the past 10 minutes.

The warrior finally started moving, he slowly walked towards me.

I walked towards him and drew the stiletto.

Ping

He leaped at me and tried piercing my armor. To give him some credit, he aimed at my shoulder. My armor had no issues withstanding the sword.

I counterattacked but he blocked the stiletto with the sword. Moreover, he managed to disarm me and aimed the sword at my throat.

I used my palm to beat the sword away and broke the contact.

“Are you going to do it?” He asked me with a grin.

With a slight clanging I gave my answer. The main caliber slowly aimed at the warrior who gave a nervous laugh.

We both know that I have no way to win against that, however, it will be cheating the tournament. So, are you going to use them~?

All gun barrels lowered at once.

“A wise choice.” He approved which made my chest warm.

I wonder why 20 seconds later he paled.

WAIT A SECOND!

“This is the checkmate, my good sir~.” With a bright smile I looked at the gun barrels.

I surrender!” He only accepted the fate after they rose into the firing position.

Just like that, without making a single shot, I won the tournament.

15