Ch 95. Searching for the light
630 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ever since my army entered the demon territory I was sure that I will not face a lot of resistance. Of course it was because I already crushed the main force of the enemy.

There were many attacks of monsters and demon beasts but nothing hard to handle. Most of the enemy attacks were easily dealt with by air strikes, which is why I soon lowered the amount of air patrols to conserve my time wastes for deck operations. I did not face any bad consequences but increased the speed we were pushing into the demon territory.

“Fuji, should we have some rest? Ever since you decreased the amount of stops we all have fewer opportunities for rest. The army is getting tired of walking.” Elina stopped me when I was done sending a new patrol.

“It is in our best interests to hurry and end this war.”

“And it is in our best interests to have your army ready to fight. I’d be surprised if there are any adventurers amongst the soldiers. Unlike us, mad lads who travelled the continent far and wide, the majority of those people are not used to that much walking. I swear I heard some of them silently praying to gods that you will just stop to launch some planes.” (E)

I turned towards the soldiers and… Well, they could use some time resting.

Sorry, guys. I did not pay attention to my surroundings…” I apologized to the soldiers while keeping my best ‘embarrassed’ face.

The significance of this move is that the soldiers will be both happy to rest and will look at me with gratitude. I hope that this gratitude will soon turn into worship and thus I will gain both money and followers. I am such a fraud.

After I declared a short rest everyone just sat or lied on the ground, including Elina and Kasumi. The maids were also lying but they lied down on me.

My own rest was interrupted when a soldier approached me.

“My liege, there is a person in a weird outfit. The person looks like one of your servants.” He pointed at my maids and that was enough for me to hurry there.


I passed from the rear to the front of the army column. I was jumping over soldiers who lied on the ground, I was jumping through crowds of people and squeezing between those who were standing.

When I finally reached the person in question I was concerned with what happened and why she is alone.

“Greeting, Master. I beg your forgiveness for my cowardice.” A blue-haired maid prostrated in front of me.

I never thought I would see you again.” I was close to forgiving her but my inner self was still disappointed.

“I am ready to accept any punishment.” (B)

“Why did you return? I thought you wanted to leave me with Rin.” Speaking of whom, I am yet to find her.

“I had a lot of time to look at what is going on. After all this time I realized that Master was doing her best to end the war, not to fuel it.” While I am happy to see her return I am still feeling that something is off with her apologies.

Why did you return?” I continued probing her in hopes of finding the real cause.

“Master is too paranoid, that is understandable. After I saw the world from a bystander’s perspective I was no longer misguided by my own perception. I saw that Master was gathering the humanity with greater good in mind, not to mention that you want to stop the vile demons from killing everyone. I am here to return to my duties and help you achieve your goals.” She knelt and put her hand on her chest. I accepted her return and hugged her. She is weirdo but I at least want to believe that she is not lying, not that any of my maids can be an actual threat to me.

“Do you know what happened to Rin?” I need to start searching for yandere maid, if Benet decided to return then perhaps Rin is also willing to do the same.

“I am sorry, I cannot be of help here, right after we ejected we parted our ways.” Something was not right but I let it slide for now. I need to make sure Benet won’t leave me for now, meanwhile I can search for Rin.


When we returned to the rest of my companions Benet was knocked down by two girl bodies. I made my way towards Kasumi with a specific request.

Do your miko magic, search for any clues regarding Rin, the red-haired servant.” I believe that Kasumi has some kind of prediction abilities which is why I hope she can at least find something about Rin’s whereabouts.

Y-yes! I will ask the gods!” (K)

For now I have to knock into the demon king’s door and punch him a couple of times because he is the reason I did not see my maids for so long.

Some time has passed an it is time to decide if Fuji will have her 6th tail.
  • Yes, it is time. Votes: 8 61.5%
  • No, not yet. Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Should she try to get two tails at once? (Huge chance of backfiring and getting into trouble.) Votes: 2 15.4%
Total voters: 13 · This poll was closed on Nov 16, 2020 09:45 AM.
13