Introductions
457 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You can’t believe you’ve let yourself get wrapped into this. Of all the clubs you could’ve been a part of, being the manager of the idol club wasn’t even on the list. In fact, you didn’t even want to be in any clubs. Nor did this club didn’t even exist, when you first entered the school.

Yet here you are, sitting next to your friend since early childhood, Maremi Sako. Who is also the one responsible for the creation of this club, as well as your club membership. Surely, since the two of you are friends, she must’ve used that to convince you. Or maybe it’s due to her good looks and natural charisma

Nah, It turns out that blackmail was her method of coercion, as she threatened to tell everyone of your more embarrassing secrets from your younger days. Obviously, she wasn’t going to do it. That would’ve been a good way to lose a close friend, and given that neither of you know anyone else at this school. It was also a good way to the path of being rather lonely.

Your ultimate reason for saying yes was worry about what would happen if this girl got free reign over leading this club. Knowing her, that would lead to absolute disaster.

...Of all the places your parents had to live next to, why did it have to be her house?

“So, what’s the first rule of business?” She asks, as if it isn’t obvious. There’s still only two of you in this club, which doesn’t fit the rules for forming one. So that means it’s time to begin the search for at least two other girls that want to join. Well, you figure that boys wouldn’t be that bad of an idea if you were really that desperate, but there probably aren’t any that want to take part in this.

“We need to find more girls… But how?” You wonder out loud. Something like that would normally take at least a full anime episode to take care of. With a few bumps along the way, and a lot of work convincing just one person. Thankfully for the two of you, fliers exist.

“I’m here for the club!” The door swings wide open, as a girl kicks her way in. Well, at least she has the grand entrance part of this idol business down. With the first glance you take of her, it’s a little surprising that this girl even wants to be an idol. She looks more like someone that would want to be in one of the sports clubs, even if dancing is technically one.

“Great!” Of course Maremi is fully on board with this. The saying that beggars can’t be choosers is in full effect here, as you all make introductions.

So her name is Ayai Sumitomo. You’ve heard of her, which is just adding on more reasons as to why this is a bit of a shock that she’s standing before you. Her athletic appearance is more than just for show. This girl was one of the top volleyball players back in junior high. In fact, both you and Maremi caught one of her games, and she truly was talented.

“Who are you?” She asks, directing that specifically to you. Something about that tone doesn’t fill you with confidence as to why she asked that question. “Are you really dancing too?”

“Oh no, I’m not dancing.” You correct her. “I guess you could call me the manager.” Nervously laughing, you hope that was a good way to break the ice.

“I see…” What’s up with that cold response? Great, this is totally getting off to a nice start. Hopefully, whatever girls come next will be much nicer.

In fact, it appears as though there is another girl peeking around the door that’s still open from being kicked in. Your eyes meet, which cause her to retreat a bit away from sight.

“Hmm? Did you see someone?” Maremi asked. You point out that there’s a girl just outside the door. Then instantly regret it, as she charges out there and grabs that girl, pulling her inside.

“Maremi, we’re not supposed to kidnap people and force them to join the club.” You scold her, as the girl she dragged in is in utter fear from what just occurred. “I’m sorry she did that, but were you also curious about the club?”

She doesn’t say anything to you at first, nor does she maintain eye contact with anyone else in the room. It’s clear that she’s very shy, maybe this really isn’t the club for her.

Since she hasn’t spoken up yet, it does give you the chance to check her out. Admittedly she’s really cute, with that long black hair that reaches down her back. Along with those bright, blue eyes.

Well, speaking from your point-of-view, all the girls are very pretty. Too bad that one is kind of mean, one is yet to speak up, and one is dumb as a rock. Actually no, scratch that. Comparing Maremi to a rock, is an insult to the rock’s intelligence.

“Well, do you want to join?” Maremi doesn’t even give her much more time to say if that was even the case. But, it did help the girl finally speak up.

“I-I did… But, maybe I shouldn’t. Something like this, isn’t really for girls like me.”

“Nonsense, anyone can join.” Not sure why Ayai was the one to say that, but she’s not wrong. This club isn’t in the position to be rejecting anybody right now, or at any point in its future existence.

While you’re standing here, watching all this, a powerful jab hits the side of your body. It kind of hurts, to be honest. It’s from Maremi, who’s pointing her head at the girl. After all, you did agree to actually give it your best effort and try to recruit people.

“Yeah, anyone can be an idol if they work hard… And I’m sure you can do it… Um…” You realize that you’ve yet to hear her name.

“I-Isami… Isami Kirihara” So that’s her name. “If you’ll have me, then I’d like to join.” That great news for all of you to hear. For now, there’s enough members to get this club officially started.

“Awesome, so what’s next?” Maremi asks you, as everyone turns their head to look in your direction.

“Hmm?” Right, you are the manager. And that means it’s your responsibility to make sure that everyone will be as successful as humanly possible. And perhaps, there will be some things that you can do, that have nothing to do with idol work. But will push your relationships, sometimes positively, and sometime not.

Starting now, you will be the one in control of your fate. But more importantly, you’ll also be the one deciding the fate and futures of the girls in front of you. So now there’s only one more thing left to say.

What will you do next?

 

(Affection) (Morale) Levels:

Maremi: (20%) (100%)

Ayai: (-25%) (100%)

Isami: (0%) (50%)

 

Being the first chapter there’s a lot of explaining to do. Affection level is simple, it’s how the girls feel about you, the main character, in a mix of friendship/romance. They all have their own belief in things, so just because an option might seem unrelated, it can have an impact on how they view you. It scales from -100% to 100%

But do take note that 100% doesn’t equal an immediate pairing. Those feelings also have to be made clear in the story before anything can happen.

Morale is something that you can probably understand from the name. While I had dating sim in mind when coming up with the story. It’s still also a management plot line at its core. Taking care of club duties is important, and those choices will have an impact on how they feel about the direction the club is going. And those feelings will matter.

Because if either and/or both levels are low enough, the girl will quit. And when that happens, they will never show up in the story anymore. If too many quit, this story will have a bad ending. And also, every girl has a different requirement to wanting to quit, depending on their personality. It’s not as simple as getting -100% in affection, or 0% in morale. You may or may not be as close to them making their exit as you might think.

But don’t worry in the short term, if one does choose to quit. I plan on having new girls showing up randomly throughout the story. So there can be a decent amount of members in the club, if you all play your cards right.

Finally, votes are simply whatever gets the most, will be the choice. However, if there’s a tie, or it’s really close between similar options. Then I might consider doing a hybrid of the two if that happens.

Future chapters will be shorter than this one. Mostly so that there’s as many choices possible for readers. And to push through how those choices will impact the story.

What should you do next?
  • Icebreakers in the clubroom Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Going out to grab a bite and get to know each other Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Clothes shopping for outfits for potential performances Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ask everyone to sing and dance for you, to gauge their current abilities Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 3 · This poll was closed on Sep 7, 2020 06:57 PM.
4