Chapter 6
2.6k 8 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gensokyo - Bamboo Forest of the Lost - Mokou's House

-= MC's Point of View =-

"Oh, it's morning already."

I said as I stood up from my meditation position far in the sky, I then looked down and found Mokou house on the ground level.

"Let's do this!"

The moment I said so.

*Zap*

I disappeared from my place.

*Zap*

I then instantly appeared near the house, still flying, but just a few centimetres above the ground.

"Sign, I've finally got a little accustomed to this body."

Now, i don't have to worry about accidentally destroying the planet.

"It was worth it spending the entire night on this."

It seems Frieza's race is way too incredible; it's almost comical.

They don't need to sleep at all, they just need to take a nap for a single hour and they will recover to their peak state.

And Frieza being a mutant member of this extremely powerful extraterrestrial species, so long as his Ki reserves are not exhausted which is an almost impossible thing to happen for this guy, he doesn't need to sleep even that damn 1 hour a day, even when he's using Ki energy to fly, his Ki regeneration rate far surpassed that, so he can technically perma-hover-in-the-sky.

And that's exactly what I have been doing ever since Mokou came back at night yesterday, now I don't have to worry about breaking the floors and the ground while moving around.

"Speaking of Mokou..."

I said as I looked at the new Futon inside through the window.

It seems the reason Mokou was absent yesterday was because she went to the Human Village to buy a Futon and some daily necessities for me, she also mentioned that she asked a female friend of hers to guide her through there, as it has been ages since the last time she went there.

"Even though she's poor, s-such a good girl."

I said as I wiped the small tear that formed in my eye.

She was like : 'H-Here, it's not like I care about you or anything! It's just… Yeah! It's just I don't want to have to get you medicine or something if you catch a cold!'

I remember when she said that with an embarrassed face as she handed them to me.

"Poor thing, why is she so adorable?!"

Yeah, she's definitely mine, if someone dare touch her, he's SO FUCKING DEAD.

*Rumble* *Rumble*

I was so worked up, the air vibrated as the pebbles in the ground rose up around me.

'Ah! Calm down me, I can't have myself destroying her house with my Ki.'

*Clatter* *Clatter* *Clatter* *Clatter* *Clatter* *Clatter*

The moment I restrained my Ki, the pebbles dropped back to the ground.

"Sigh, this is just my First Form and I'm already having troubles controlling my Ki."

I wonder what would happen if I transformed to my other forms right now?

[Notification!]

[ All of the host's forms has been remodeled after the sentient being called 'Killua Zoldyck'. ]

"Oh? Long time no see status-chan, were you still here?"

[Notification!]

[ As the host is a special being in this world, you will have access to the system. ]

[ Currently, you've only been permitted the Notification function. ]

"Is that so? So is there another function that I have to unlock or something?"

[Affirmative!]

"Hmm, then what is that other function? And how can I unlock it?"

"..."

I waited for a few minutes but there was no response from the status.

'D-Did it just ditch me out?'

"W-Well, who cares about a damn status when you have fucking Lord Frieza powers! Ohohoho!"

So it seems I don't have to worry about the appearance of my other Forms, all of them probably look just like a human… i hope so.

"Should i transform?"

I said excitedly as I repeatedly clenched and opened my hands.

'In my current First Form, that is the most suppressed and weak Form, I look exactly like Killua from the anime Hunter X Hunter, a boy of about 14 years old, so if I transformed to my Second Form or even my True Form, just how would my appearance become then?'

"Sigh, let's not rush things for now, it's not like i need power or anything right now."

Damn it! I really want to transform, but considering I'm having trouble controlling my Ki even in this Form then the result would be ugly, not for me of course, but for my surroundings, now that i meet those two chicks, there is no way i'm gonna destroy the planet, now can i? *Smirk*

What about Mokou you say? Well, she's not here right now, she said she has something to do and went out somewhere.

I wanted to go with her, but I was in a bottle neck of my meditation at that time and didn't want to lose the feeling, I have to prioritize world safety after all.

"I think it's been 2 hours since she left."

I said as I looked around me.

"Wait... a mist? But why is it Red?"

I noticed that a red mist suddenly began to form around me.

[Notification!]

[ You've reached the first event in the story cannon. ]

[ If you help the locals resolve the Incident, you will be granted other functions of the system. ]

[ Hint : Misty Lake. ]

"What? Is that so?"

I said as I read the notification from the status.

"What is an Incident? Does it perhaps refer to this Mist? ...and a hint?"

I thought as I rubbed my chin while still hovering a few centimeters above the ground.

"Misty Lake? Perhaps it's a lake or something? Does it mean i should find this lake first?"

I then noticed that the Red mist has thickened and now I can barely see Mokou's house even though I'm no more than a few metres from it.

"Well, i don't give a damn about the new function, but..."

*Looks around*

"This mist is kinda annoying."

Alright, let's get rid of this mist for now.

"Oh right! I can use that!"

I remembered a technique that is often used by Frieza.

*Inhale*

By concentrating Ki energy in your lungs, you can then exhale an extremely strong breath.

*Fuuu*

When I exhaled, my breath was basically a hurricane.

*Wooosh* *Wooosh* *Wooosh*

"Good, it's gone."

I said as my breath technique drove out the red mist from the entire area around me and Mokou's house.

"...or not."

Even though i completely got rid of it, the mist just came back here again.

"Sigh, so I need to find the source afterall?"

"...Wait! How about Mokou-chan? Is she alright? Will she be able to return here safely even without vision?"

Damn it! I need to get rid of this mist for Mokou sake too!

*Shoooo*

I thought as I flew very fast upward.

*Boom*

I even broke the sound barrier as a shock wave formed in the clouds.

I only stopped after I was a good distance above the red coloured clouds.

'Wait, how would i know the way back here?'

I thought deeply for a moment before I found a solution.

"Let's simply make a beacon."

I then raised my hand and conjured a very bright, small and purple ball of Ki energy from my palm.

"Stay here, buddy."

When i said that the ball hovered a few metres away from me before stopping in midair and not moving an inch after that.

Luckily, Frieza learned how to sense Ki energy by the time the tournament started, so if this didn't work, I can just try to locate Mokou's Ki signature.

"Now then."

I said as I turned back to look down at the crimson clouds beneath me.

"A lake is it?"

*Inhale deeply*

I gather as much air as I can from my mouth.

I then closed my eyes and channeled Ki to my lungs.

*Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu*

Then abruptly opened my eyes and exhaled violently.

*Wooooooooooooosh* *Wooooooooooooosh* *Wooooooooooooosh*

And instantly all the clouds and the mist parted away from the terrifying wind.

"Hmm."

I then quickly surveyed the ground level for something that resembled a lake.

"Found it!"

*Zap*

-= Change Location : Above the Misty Lake =-

*Zap*

"Now then, what now?"

I said as I instantly reached the lake and folded my arms in the sky.

"...strangely there is only a normal Mist here, and not enough to block my vision...

And as I looked around...

"...a Mansion?"

In a ridge next to the lake, there is a huge Mansion there.

*Looks around*

"..."

I then checked other places in the lake.

"There isn't anything here besides that building."

I then looked back at the Mansion.

"Hmm, there are multiple live forces over there."

I said as I can feel multiple Ki signatures around and in the Mansion itself.

"Let's check it, maybe I'll find something there."

*Zap*


Gensokyo - The Scarlet Devil Mansion Outside Entrance

-= Reimu Hakurei's Point of View =-

Damn it!, just when i thought things will return to normal after yesterday Incident, now this stupid Mist appear the next day!

"..."

I thought annoyed as I glared at the Gatekeeper.

She has aqua-blue eyes and long, scarlet hair and green beret that has a gold star on the front together with a green dress that resembles traditional Chinese clothing, she also doesn't wear any lower clothing, thus her slender legs are visible to the eye.

"Get out of the way!"

I shouted angrily as I kept glaring at her, she's probably a Youkai or something.

"If it isn't the Hakurei Shrine Maiden."

She grinned at me.

"Yes, that's me, now move! It's obvious that this mist is your doing, and the culprit is most likely inside."

"If you want to get inside, you have to pass over me first, my mistress ordered that no one should trespass the gate, even if it's the infamous Shrine Maiden of Paradise."

She said arrogantly as she took a fighting stance.

"Fine then! I'll just exterminate you and be done with this!"

I threatened angrily as I pointed my Gohei at her.

"Please take care of me."

And she replied arrogantly while smirking.

'ALRIGHT, let's directly FLATTEN her with a Yin-Yang Orb.'

I then raised my other hand and pointed my palm at her.

"?"

But suddenly... her expression changed?

Why does she look so shocked?

"What's wrong? I haven't done anything yet."

I furrowed my brows as I noticed that she wasn't looking at me, but rather at something behind me.

"What are you looking at?"

I said confused as I turned around.

"Hi."

"..."

The moment I turned around I saw a boy about the same as my age hovering slightly above me in the air.

He has spiky white or maybe silver hair, blue eyes, very pale skin and… strange clothes?

"Hi?"

He greeted me again.

"...h-hi?"

And I greeted him back, while stuttering.

He then smiled and slowly flew down to the ground, it seems I'm about a foot taller than him.

*Crack* *Crack*

Did the ground just crack when he landed over it?

It seems he noticed my surprised expression and immediately returned back to flying, but this time only a few centimeters above the ground.

"So, I heard you say something about a mist, do you perhaps know anything about this?"

He said as he pointed to the crimson mist in the sky.

"Can't you see i'm trying to solve it right now?"

I replied with a frown.

'I don't have time for this, who is this guy anyway?'

When he heard me, he raised a brow as he replied.

"Is that so? Then sorry if i get in your way, i'm just trying to help."

"Hmph!"

After that he hovered closer to my side, we then turned back to the Youkai at the Gate.

"And you are..."

The newcomer said to her.

"T-This junior greats the great master!"

"Eh?"

"What?"

W-Why did she suddenly Hold a fist salute and bow to him?

I turned to look at him, and he also turned to look at me.

"..."

"..."

It seems he also doesn't know what's going on.

If you want to help, then make yourself useful.

"A-anyway, if she knew you, then you take care of her."

"...What?"

I said to him as I walked towards the gate.

"..."

"..."

When I reached her side, I expected her to attack me or something, but she didn't, she didn't even spare me a glance.

'No wait… was she trembling?'

I thought as I nonchalantly opened the gate and walked towards the Mansion.


Gensokyo - The Scarlet Devil Mansion Outside Entrance

-= Hong Meiling's Point of View =-

If there was something as the absolute and strongest power in existence, then that would be… Ki energy.

Every existing thing in the world has it, be it Humans, Gods, Yukai, Ghosts, Fairies, Animals, Plants, Insects and even magic, everything, absolutely anything that has a relation to Life, is in the end born from Ki energy.

In the end ALL of existence is a mix of Ki energy and Matter.

However this Ki that i'm referring to, is not an ability to skillfully be kind and considerate of others – this Ki is not the same as how it is used in the word "kikubari" meaning "attentiveness or consideration for others". Rather, it is the kind of Ki that pertains to auras, the Ki of martial arts. It's an ability to see and discern the shapes of energies and auras within the body.

In a sense it's the power that absolutely stands above all else.

However, the problem is the quantity, even if you do possess enough Ki energy to trample all normal beings, in the end it wouldn't be able to stand a chance against a more advanced type of energy like magic.

What magic users or magicians basically do is take the raw Ki energy from their surroundings and then diluted it as much as possible to get enough quantity for their spells, which in turn produces all sorts of effects like producing fire, controlling the air, moving objects, controlling space and more, they call that diluted state of Ki energy : Mana.

So even though we Users of Ki, possess the strongest energy in existence, we simply don't have enough quantity of it, and thus can't compare to Magicians, which in turn led the later generations to believe that Magic is superior and forget entirely about Ki energy.

There is also the reason that anyone can learn magic, even if you have the least possible amount of Ki energy in your body, all you have to do is use the Ki energy in nature, and thus in the end it doesn't matter how much Ki you have, so long as you study enough, you'll eventually be able to use magic.

But for us Ki users, the first thing you have to do before anything else is check if you have enough Ki energy in your body for the techniques, we call this 'Talent', so if you don't have this 'Talent' then you can't be a Ki user no matter how long you trained in your life, and thus the reason for the minority of Ki users, moreover, with every new generation, it was proven that this Talent kept diminishing, and it was deemed that eventually the legacy and users of Ki energy will be forgotten from history.

I'm known as Hong Meiling, however my true name is Hong Mei, a Tai Chi Grandmaster, i mastered one of the strongest Martial Arts of Ki energy since Ancient times, and i have enough Ki energy to perform most of its techniques, like the flying technique and shooting Ki energy blasts and more.

I'm also the last generation of the true users of that Art, it's already been 40000 years ago since I've got that information from my Master in what is now known as China.

The True Ki users possess too much Ki energy that they can simply use to lengthen their lives to tens of thousands of years.

And since humans of this era have long since forgotten about us even before Youkai and supernaturals, they thought I'm simply just another Youkai that was born with an ability to manipulate Ki energy, in fact probably the only person that know about my origins is my Mistress Remilia Scarlet, she came to me when i was visiting Japan and told me that she wanted a strong bodyguard to protect her and her little sister, and i accepted and followed her to this day, i think she was just 16 years old at that time, and this was a story from almost 500 years ago.

After that i protected them from all harm until they became strong enough to take care of themselves, they even became more powerful than me, and then they recruited that little girl called Sakuya Izayoi, now she also has grown up and decided upon herself to take care of us and be a leading figure to the staff including me, well, she's adorable when she's angry, so i don't mind being beaten by her, not like she's able do any damage to my Ki strengthened body anyway.

But now, I met HIM.

No, I can FEEL him.

Someone that would change history.

Someone that would make all of my legendary ancestors a laughing stock.

Someone that I couldn't even look at directly in the eyes.

Someone that has too much Ki energy, he can tumble the skies and destroy the land with a thought.

Someone that can blink me out of existence.

Someone that is, in all of my more than 40000 years old life, and the millions of years of my ancestors records is considered an impossibility.

That someone is currently standing in front of me, in the form of a little boy, how ironic, if someone can't feel Ki energy, they would say he's just a kid, but if they just know how WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG they are, they might DIE from shock alone.

"Hey, are you alright?"

That someone decided I'm worthy to stand in his presence.

"Y-Yes, G-Great Master!"

I can't talk like my usual self.

"Is that so?"

It would be an insult if i do so in his presence.

*Nods* *Nods*

I nodded furiously at him, I can't even talk right now.

"Why are you calling me that?"

I feel my chest tighten.

"Wait!, don't tell me… Oh! This quantity! Are you a Ki martial artist?!"

He said enthusiastically, why would someone like him even spare me a glance?

*Nods* *Nods*

"So they exist in this world too?!"

*Gasp*

'IT INCREASED EVEN MORE?! 10... 200... NO... IT DOUBLED A 1000 times?!'

*Tremble* *Tremble*

Just from the sheer amount of Ki he was emitting, he managed to vibrate the world.

"*HIC* Please have mercy! *HIC*"

*Tremble* *Tremble*

I pleaded as I kneel on the ground, it seems I've angered the almighty being somehow.

"Eh?"

He said as his Ki calmed down, just what did i do for him to be so angry?

"P-Please!, at least s-spare the others in the Mansion, please t-take my life only! *HIC*"

"What? Why would I do that? Wait… are you the ones causing this annoying Mist?"

"HIIIIIIIIIIIII?!"

'HE DIDN'T KNEW?!'

It's over, everything is over now, he would kill the Mistress and everyone else.

"P-Please *HIC* D-Don't kill them *HIC*"

*Bang*

I pleaded as my forehead made a hole in the ground and my tears filled the dirt, I was a mess right now.

"W-Why are you crying? And why did you think I will k-kill them? If you guys just stop the Mist, then I-I'll go on my way, you know?"

*Bang* *Bang*

"P-Please *HIC* Please *HIC*"

I can't hear him anymore, all i thought about was pleading until everything is over.

"W-What the hell?! A-Anyway, it seems you're the gatekeeper, so i-i'll just go through the window if you're so stubborn about the gate, J-Just stop crying, alright?!"

I feel he moved somewhere, but I was too terrified, I didn't dare stop pleading.

*Bang* *Bang* *Bang*

"P-Please *HIC* Please *HIC* Plea- Ah!"

It seems because I hit my head too many times, and also without strengthening my head, since I didn't dare use Ki energy in front of him, I lost consciousness...

97