Chapter 15
2k 6 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Outside World - Somewhere in Japan

At the top of one of the most famous mountains in the country...

There… a certain Shrine was built.

And nowadays... It is one of the few remaining real Shrines dedicated to 'Shintoism' in the Outside world.

It's known as 'Moriya Shrine', But a very long time ago... It was actually called 'Suwa Grand Shrine' and was owned by a Goddess known as 'The Highest of Native Gods' or 'Moriya God'.

Her real name though was 'Suwako Moriya' and at those times... she was the strongest Goddess in that land.

The biggest reason she was regarded like that is most likely because of her taming and bringing under her command the 'Mishaguji', a group of powerful curse gods who were amassing faith by cursing harvests, births, and the militaries of the Humans.

Doing that has gained her a large amount of faith from the grateful Humans and she even established a small kingdom for herself in the process.

Things were going well for her that she even succeeded in becoming pregnant with a Human and created the 'Moriya family', that is currently in the 78th generation and still exists to this day.

But then… the 'Great Suwa War' happened...

Gods from the Yamato (Ancient Japan) invaded her kingdom, saying that they were going to unify all the kingdoms to create a single country known as Japan.

And unwilling to let this happen, Suwako resisted and fought with the finest steel weapons of the time, by making full use of her 'God of mountains' powers and her ability to create earthiness, she provided her army with the most powerful and best steel weapons in those ages.

However, the leader of those Gods... a Goddess and the one known as 'The Avatar of Mountains and Lakes' or 'Kanako Yasaka' possess the worst possible powers against her.

She was a Goddess of WIND and RAIN.

And so when the war begins… Kanako simply held out a thin vine; and Suwako's large steel arsenal instantly rusted away.

Blades, Spearheads, Armors and everything.

Suwako then realized the difference in their divine powers and her defeat, thus she graciously forfeited and relinquished her kingdom.

However, the inhabitants of Suwako's kingdom found it difficult to accept their new deity.

And so In order to consolidate her newfound realm, Kanako kindly borrowed Suwako's powers.

Thus in reality, Suwako still ruled, while Kanako was their deity in name only.

And while Suwako claims to still hold a grudge against Kanako for taking over her Shrine, her own faith actually increased as a result.

So, by now... they've actually become good friends.

And we can see that by the fact that they are right now drinking together in their Shrine's front door.

"Pwaah! Nothing beats a good 'sake' in the morning!"

Kanako exclaimed loudly as she gulped down a big mouthful of her wine.

She has an elaborate red shirt with long white sleeves and a round mirror over the center of her chest. She also wears a long black skirt with a red flower print hem, and has poofy intense blue hair and dark red eyes.

Attached from her lower back is a large twisting rope circle 'Shimenawa' with 'Shide'.

She seems to be a tall woman of about 20 years old.

"Don't you think so too? Suwako?"

She then asked as she turned to the other person sitting like a frog on the left side of the Shrine's door.

"Hmm..."

Suwako… on the other hand... looks like a 11 years old girl.

She wears a short simple purplish-blue dress with a frog print design, large white sleeves stitched onto the torso, and a white collar.

She has medium length blond hair, grey eyes, a light brown wide-brimmed hat with two frog eyes on the top, white knee highs and black shoes.

"Are you still thinking about yesterday?"

Kanako said as she stopped in the middle of lifting her crimson and large 'sake dish'.

"Kind of..."

Replied Suwako as she looked towards the sky.

"I see...that thing was really out of our league..."

"It was... just how many Gods can pull something like that?"

Suwako said as she narrowed her eyes towards the sky.

"…"

"..."

*Twirl* *Twirl*

"If... those old hags are that strong…we are as good as... children."

Kanako said with a low voice as she twirled her 'sake dish' around.

"..."

"..."

And while the two stayed silent for a moment…

"S-Suwako-sama! Kanako-sama!"

Another voice suddenly sounded from the inside of the Shrine.

"Hmm?"

"Sanae?"

Then the owner of the voice showed herself.

"T-This! Please look at this!"

She was a girl.

Her name is Sanae Kochiya.

She is 15 years old and a former Human.

She has long light green hair, and purple eyes.

And she's wearing a normal high school girl uniform and was holding a green smartphone in her hands as she runned towards the two Goddesses.

She might not know it, but she is actually a distant descendent of Suwako.

Thus when she turned 10 years old, her godly powers awakened and she became a Living God.

But before that, she was just a normal human girl from the modern world.

"Oh? Isn't that... the multipurpose device?"

Kanako said as she looked at the smartphone.

"What's that thing again?"

And Suwako said as she turned around, but still in her froggy position.

"J-Just look at this! p-people are returning t-to live!"

"What did you say?"

"?"

Kanako and Suwako both raised a brow and got closer to the smartphone in Sanae's hands.

"..."

"?!"

When they saw the news, Kanako narrowed her eyes and Suwako looked extremely surprised.

*Turns around*

"Sanae… Just to be sure… this is not what you Humans call a 'Montage' right? "

Kanako asked as she turned to look at the pale Sanae.

"N-No, this is broadcasted in every n-national channel in the world, so it's impossible to be a prank of any kind."

And as soon as those words left Sanae's mouth...

*Flinch* *Flinch*

"?!"

"?!"

*Fwish* *Thump*

"Eh?!"

The two Goddesses flinched before they immediately jumped to the air and took fighting poses.

"..."

"..."

They were then sweating profusely as they stared seriously at each other.

*Drop*

"W-What happened?"

Sanae asked frightened as her smartphone slipped from her hands.

"...IT'S GONE?"

Kanako said with an extremely dead serious tone.

*Nodes*

"..."

And Suwako nodded equally seriously as her frog irises returned to normal.

They then slowly began to calm down and lower their hands as they came back to the grounds level.

...such absurd God aura."

Kanako muttered confused.

"...it was terrifyingly massive."

Then Suwako said as she wiped the sweat in her forehead.

"W-What is a G-God aura?"

Sanae asked timidly after she saw that they had calmed down.

Kanako gripped her trembling left hand as she answered her.

"It's basically the raw power of Godly beings."

"Raw power?"

Sanae asked again as she picked up her smartphone on the ground.

"It's the energy that we gain through faith, the same energy that we use to create all sorts of miracles and godly powers, you should be familiar with it now that you've become a God yourself too."

Suwako said without looking at her.

"I-I know, but what's the relation it has with your previous-"

"You've just became a God, so it's understandable if you didn't feel it."

"F-Feel what?"

"...a monster."

Kanako answered instead as her left hand wouldn't stop trembling.

Seeing her friend's state, Suwako used her right hand to pull her hat down as she said.

"Sanae, You should be grateful that you didn't feel it… since you are not experienced enough to endure THAT kind of pressure just yet."

"Eh?"

"Anyway, it seems we'll have to speed up our plans."

Kanako said seriously as her hand finally stopped trembling.

"You mean 'Gensokyo's plan'?"

Suwako asked.

"Yes, I'll contact the 'Gap Youkai'."

"Gap? Ah, that scary woman..."

"We're finally going to Gensokyo?! ...and who is the 'Gap Youkai'?"

Sanae said excitedly before she asked them about the 'Gap Youkai'.

"Her name is 'Yukari Yakumo', she will help us transport our Shrine to Gensokyo."

Kanako answered her.

"Though... I don't really want to meet that 'thing'... especially after feeling this God aura..."

Suwako said as she frowned.

And Kanako grimaced.

"We can't help it, she's the only one that can help us in this."

"A-Ano… is the 'Gap Youkai' a bad person?"

*Turns around*

Sanae timidly asked and the two Goddesses turned to her.

'"Hahahahahahahahahahahaha"'

They then suddenly burst out laughing at her.

"W-Why are you laughing at me?!"

*Inhale* *Inhale* "Sorry sorry..."

Kanako said as she tried to catch her breath.

"'bad person~' she said! Wahahahahha"

But Suwako continued laughing loudly as she caught her stomach with small tears forming in her eyes.

"W-What's going on? Is she a good person then?"

Sanae said, confused, as she didn't understand what was funny in that.

But as soon as the words 'good person' left her mouth…

*Thump*

"WAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

*Roll* *Roll*

Suwako laughed even more loudly than before as she dropped to the ground and was rolling around.

"Ehhhhhhhhh?!"

*Pat*

Kanako then placed a hand over Sanae's shoulder as she said to her.

"N-No no Sanae… you're not wrong-Hahaha!"

"T-Then, why are you l-laughing?!"

"It's just-Pfft! ...a-a 'bad person' is too cute of a sentence to describe that 'thing'-Hahahahaha"

"...what?"

Sanae became even more confused than before.

*Pang* *Pang*

"Ouch! Ouch!"

Kanako then thanked Sanae as she started hitting her back.

"Hahahahahaha, this completely caught me by surprise, thank you Sanae, you've helped me forget about that scary God aura."

*Roll* *Roll*

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!"

And the 'God of mountains' continued laughing while rolling on the floor.


Gensokyo - The Bamboo Forest of the Lost

-= MC's Point of View =-

"And that's everything about me."

Keine said with a smile as she finished her explanation to me.

"Hmm."

I then hummed as I tried to make a summary about everything she said.

"So... a 'Therianthrope' is a type of Half-Youkai and are Human hybrids with animals that have turned into a Beast Youkai, and can transform between a Human and a Beast Youkai depending on the phases of the moon, with werewolves being the most well-known variety. Therianthrope can also be hereditary or inflicted by a curse, though the latter kind which Keine-san belongs to, usually gains animal traits such as horns, fangs or extra hair rather than transforming completely into animals."

I told her what I summarised and waited for her confirmation, while hovering above the ground of course.

"Exactly! You're smart Killua-san! I almost want to have you as a teacher at my school in the Human Village."

She said surprised as she gave me another indirect 'job opportunity'.

'This girl… she's sharp.'

I thought I could notice the difference between her and Mokou.

"You're exaggerating, Keine-san, I'm sure there are a lot of other candidates in Gensokyo."

I said with a business smile of mine.

'Ever since before we've met… she has never lowered her guard down... not even for half a second.'

But she's still being nice and even explained her past to me…

"Sigh, you might not know this, but everyone in Gensokyo is just muscle heads everywhere you went, Humans and even more so Youkai, so... to meet someone like Killua-san here is really rare."

She sighed helplessly as she again secretly told me the illiteracy rate of this place, probably because of Mokou that was with us... poor Mokou, I should teach her one or two things in the future.

'But Keine-san… you're using more muscles than necessary to sigh.' *Smirk*

She probably thinks that no one noticed her guard up state from the way she keeps using it even when she's alone with Mokou.

'But unfortunately for her, my eyes can even see way beyond the speed of light.'

These eyes have even managed to follow Jiren's punches, you know?

"I'm sorry to hear that, it must be quite a disappointing fact for a capable teacher like Keine-san."

I said with a smile as I placed my hand at the back of my neck.

'Considering her personality and the traits I can see in her… It's probably just a habit she developed from her acting as a guardian of the Human Village.'

She herself did mention something like that some time ago after all.

"Hmph! It sure is Killua-san."

She humphed jokingly as she continued.

"Now then Killua-san… what can you tell me about the Outside wo-"

But before she finished, Mokou spoke for the first time in a while.

"We've reach-... who's that?"

However, she too didn't finish her sentence and asked a question instead.

"Hmm?"

*Turns around*

I then turned around while in the air to the direction she pointed at.

There… The first thing I saw was the clearing between the Bamboo trees... then Mokou's small house... and finally…

3 individuals.

'Wait, isn't that...'

I thought as I recognized one of them.

"Y-Yukari Yakumo?! What is she doing here?!"

"...You know them? Keine?"

Then Keine suddenly shouted fearfully and Mokou asked her doubtfully.

I turned to my companions.

*Turns around*

Keine was completely pale as she even took a fighting stance.

While Mokou was putting her hands in her pockets as she glared at the intruders of her house's area.

'I don't know what's going on but...'

I then turned to look back at the 3 individuals.

'All I can see is cute girls waiting for me to conquer.' *Smirk*

80