Chapter 30
1.2k 10 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gensokyo - The Scarlet Devil Mansion Tearoom

-=  Aya Shameimaru's Point of View =-

"And then… the last thing I remember is the sound of… you know, that slap..."

I said those words with a sigh before looking at the residents- no, the captors that were interrogating me for a while now.

I have told them everything I know regarding that cold bastard that had killed my fellow Tengu and even threatened to exterminate my kin for such a trivial misunderstanding.

"..."

After hearing my story, each of them has the same reaction. Or rather, the lack of…They were acting as if everything I said was nothing special and they even had the leisure to drink that damn tea while half heartedly listening to me.

'Even after forcing me to spill out everything at first… how can they be so...'

As if reading my mind, the mistress of this mansion and the vampire called Remila finally placed her teacup in the tray and looked in my direction.

"Fufu~ are you unsatisfied with something?"

She asked me with a light smile on her face.

"You… how can you all be so calm even after hearing about what he did?"

"Hmm? Well… it's not like I can't see where you're going with your logic but still... I can't really understand why the Tengu are so agitated with this incident?"

"Wha-"

"It's not like taking lives is really that prohibited or something. I mean, aren't the Youkai here in Gensokyo still keep killing each other from time to time? I can even smell their blood all the way here, you know? So what's the big deal with a few unfortunate Crow Tengu pathetically dying?"

"YOU!!!"

"Remi, that should be about enough."

While I was about to explode in rage, the Magician named Patchouli loudly closed her book and narrowed her eyes at that crazy vampire.

"Ouch! Pache, I was just joking, no need to get so serious~"

Patchouli then looked behind me too.

"You too Sakuya, don't go about killing our guests just because of Remi's antics."

Hearing that, I widened my eyes as I noticed the maid that was behind me with a knife in hand.

'W-When did she get so close?! Wasn't she-- oh right, she stopped the time again…'

I felt cold sweat in my back as I realized that If I had acted there I would have most certainly died. This mansion is really dangerous...

The only reason I came here alone is because I'm extremely confident in my speed. Even among the Tengu, no, even in the entirety of Gensokyo. I doubt there is anyone that can match my full speed.

Yet here she is, a maid with the bullshit ability to stop the time. There is no way I can do anything against that.

'How is that human Marisa still alive??! Doesn't she steal books from this place all the time?!'

"If Patchouli-sama says so.' *Tsu*

Sakuya then bowed a perfect 45 degrees and disappeared again.

"Fumu. Well, jokes aside..."

I turned back to Remilia who started speaking again and carefully sat back in my seat. We were facing each other with a table between us and Patchouli to the side.

"I can't really say I approve of what he did."

"Then--"

I was about to ask for her cooperation to find where he was hiding before her expression suddenly turned serious and she said in a neutral tone.

"However, I also can't blame him for it."

"Eh? can't... blame him? But why?!"

"Based on what you said, he's truly the owner of that ball of energy. Moreover, they were also the ones who attacked him first right? So I would say it is only natural for him to defend himself."

*BAAM*

"HE KILLED THEM!!"

I shouted that loudly as my aura exploded from my body and covered the whole room in a sinister dark red color.

How dare she defend the killer of my brothers and sisters in front of me. She's really looking down on us, the Tengu. Does she have a death wish?

"It is self-defence."

But Remilia was unaffected as she said that without even changing her expression one bit.

"SELF-DEFENCE?! YOU CALL THAT SELF-DEFENCE?!! THEY ONLY TRIED TO KEEP HIM AWAY!! THEY WERE JUST DOING THEIR DUTY!! THEY WEREN'T TRYING TO KILL ANYONE."

"Hooh? And who told you that? Let me guess, it is that pitiful victim that barely escaped right?"

"THAT'S RIGHT--"

As soon as I said that, a shiver suddenly ran through my entire body.

"!"

Even my aura was immediately extinguished as the small looking vampire suddenly looked a thousand times more massive than what she should be as her eyes glowed a deadly crimson while looking in my direction.

"Hmph, and who told you that he was telling the truth huh, Little Tengu?"

'I can't breathe--'

"Did you use some lie detection method to confirm his words' authenticity? Do you have any kind of evidence to back up your claim?"

*Tremble* *Tremble* "..."

"Is it fear from his strength? You want to kill him to avoid any potential dangers in the future? Is this enough of a reason for you, the Tengu, to try and kill someone? Answer me this instant."

"That's enough." *Clap*

As soon as Patchouli clapped her hand, a powerful wave of magical energy swept the entire room and then I finally was able to breathe as I dropped weakly to the floor.

"Haaaah--! Haaaah--!"

I was breathing heavily as droplets of cold sweat flowed from my pale face and instantly filled the floor.

"..."

I wasn't able to think of anything else as my blank mind was filled with what she just said to me.

"Remi, what happened? That's not like you..."

"Sorry Pache, this whole thing just reminded me of something unpleasant... Hmm, I think I'll be sleeping early today. Or... maybe I'll check on Flandre first. After all, she's still depressed about that peculiar male's disappearance."

"...I see"

"Just where did he disappear to? Even your legendary Origin magic wasn't able to track him down… is it that white haired abomination's doing?"

At that moment I didn't notice, but it seems that both Remilia and Patchouli shuddered for some reason as they gulped nervously.

"It's d-definitely her."

"W-Well, that thing seems to be only interested in him. So I don't think i-it will care about us for now"

"If not, then there is a 1000000% chance we'll get erased at best. I have never seen, heard or read about anything like it before. That thing... Its mere presence alone is enough to move the entire foundation of the world. Especially when it confronted that golden Goddess, I really felt the will of Magic itself tremble in fear."

"Fumu, even my link with fate was severed… I bet she can annihilate all of Gensokyo without even trying."

"Forget about Gensokyo, that thing is a true danger to the entire world."

"Whatever it is, we can only hope it continues ignoring us… anyway, I'll go check on Flandre now."

"...then I'll also go back to the library."


'Telling the truth? He… lied? That… then… but…'

My mind was a complete mess as I stayed sitting on the floor like a lifeless doll.

I didn't even notice when the two had left the room or the maid that suddenly appeared out of nowhere and was looking at the floor and me repeatedly with an irritated expression on her face.

"Tsk."


Gensokyo - Moriya Shrine

The Moriya Shrine that was originally from the outside world was transported into Gensokyo sometime during the last two months. It was now located somewhere near the top of Youkai Mountain by a lake that was also transported with it.

This entire transportation was easily done by none other than Yukari Yakumo, the legendary gap youkai and one of the sages of Gensokyo. Through borrowing her gap powers, the three residents of the Moriya Shrine managed to not only transport their shrine undamaged but also bring the shrine's lake to preserve the front view too.

But because of the winter and location being on top of a high mountain, the lake right now was nothing more than a massive block of ice shimmering in the daylight. Much to the displeasure of the former Goddess of Moriya Shrine. Who again showed her displeasure to the current Goddess of the shrine and her friend.

"Kanako, you idiot. Why do we have to bring our shrine to Gensokyo at the worst possible timing? Isn't it too early?"

"Suwako… like I said, we have to speed up our plans. Although… I didn't expect this outcome."

The two Goddesses were sitting in front of the shrine's entrance like usual.

"..."

"..."

They were currently looking at an ice lake in front of them and the white landscape beyond it. The two had blank eyes as they heard the cold winds hit the wooden walls of the shrine. But the chilling atmosphere suddenly disappeared as it was replaced with a girlish scream coming from the sky.

"KYAAAAAAAA-" *Crash*

The two Goddesses turned their heads to the girl that was inserted head first into the deep snow in front of them.

"Ugh… Pwaah!"

The girl soon freed herself from the snow before standing up weakly on her feet.

She is Sanae Kochiya, a Wind Priestess and the Shrine Maiden of the Moriya Shrine. Instead of her modern clothes she now wears a blue and white outfit similar to a shrine maiden's, she also wears a snake-shaped hair accessory wrapped around her hair on one side, and a blue headband with a frog's head on it, both probably meant to represent Kanako Yasaka and Suwako Moriya. The two Goddesses that were currently looking at her with a blank look on their faces.

"As expected of the Shrine Maiden of Hakurei, she's really strong."

Sanae said with a sad tone as she clenched her hands in agitation. It seems she once again got defeated and blasted away by Reimu. Kanako and Suwako sighed in exasperation as they addressed their shrine maiden.

"Sanae, it's already the third time today… don't you get tired?"

"Yeah… rather, how can you still stand after all that beating?"

"W-What are you saying Kanako-sama and Suwako-sama! Didn't we come all the way to Gensokyo just to get more believers?! You said that the best way would be to overthrow the current dominant Hakurei Shrine Maiden!"

Sanae said in disbelief as she approached them. Kanako then massaged her forehead and tried to convince her silly shrine maiden.

"Sure, I said that but still… there is a time for everything, and right now it isn't that time. Don't you understand that simple logic?"

"Muuuuuuu! Please stop treating me like an idiot!! I'll have you know, I'm a pretty knowledgeable and cute girl from the modern era! I'm entirely different from that barbaric shrine maiden of Hakurei. Hmph!"

Sanae declared with confidence as she puffed her chest haughtily.

"HAHAHAHA! SHE CALLED HERSELF 'CUTE'! THIS IS HILARIOUS!!"

Seeing her distant descendent's massive cookiness, Suwako couldn't endure it and burst out laughing while rolling on the floor. Even Kanako couldn't help it as she started snickering while covering her mouth with her sleeve.

"T-T-That is so mean!!! STOP LAUGHING AT ME!!"

Sanae immediately turned red as she flailed her hands to the sides helplessly. She knew that once they started laughing at her, they wouldn't stop anytime soon. No matter what she did to stop them.

"..."

"..."

This time however, as if her protest actually worked. The two Goddesses immediately shut up and remained motionless as they furrowed their brows in confusion. This obviously didn't go unnoticed by Sanae as she tilted her head to the side and asked them.

"...Kanako-sama? Suwako-sama? What are you-"

The two Goddess however ignored her as they looked at each other.

"Suwako… did you feel it?"

"Yeah, Gensokyo- no, the entire earth of the planet suddenly lost its balance. It was for a tiny… like, really… really extremely tiny fraction of a second. But, It definitely did."

"Hmm, for me though. It was the Earth's magnetic field, it suddenly shifted unnaturally for some reason... just what in the world can cause something of that magnitude to happen?"

Kanako asked her long friend with a serious voice.

"Dunno, but I'm sure it is something both you and I cannot handle. It would be better to let those old hags deal with it instead."

"I agree, I just hope it's nothing serious--"

"STOP IGNORING ME!!"


Hello guys, it's the author here. It's been a while but I finally got some free time to continue with this story again.

Right now I have other things I'm working on so I really don't have time to write stories or anything on that matter at the moment. So an irregular update schedule should be expected for now.

Now then. Please give feedback and until next time, author.

35