Chapter 2: The Esmond Family
152 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The infamous Mafia organization, "Esmond Family" is the Southern territory ruler of Bremerwood. And the one to lead it is my Dad. He led and recruited many men in his younger days, until now, making him the most substantial and highly-respected person in our whole family. He has been running the family business for as long as I can remember, raising the status of our family from a low-rank gang to eventually ending up as one of the Big Four. Becoming one of the most feared Mafia Family in the city, and because of that, I have to use a fake surname in order to hide my identity.

 

"It's great to be back here, I'm pleased to see all of you are doing well" I bowed my head to them, some of the men got pretty flustered and bashful when they turned their heads at me.

 

My brother pointed his forefingers, making his hand look like a gun to the side of his head, jokingly played around as if he was about to shoot himself in the head. 

 

"Don't get your hopes up, while you all are indeed my crew, flirt with her, and your head goes BANG!" 

 

He ended it with a growl glaring at each man with menacing gazes, with his henchman nodding at his obvious threat.

 

He chuckled and then his eyes returned to mine, softening up as bits of excitement began to fall from his soft eyes. He threw his hands wide and grinned from ear to ear, "C'mon, give your big brother here a hug, sis!" He pleaded, pulling in his fingers to signal me to quickly fulfill his wishes.

 

I rolled my eyes playfully and went in straight into his arms, the scent of his sweet and earthy hints of oakmoss cologne spread throughout my nostrils. His hands wrapped around me tightly as he snickers, clinging to me more as his head completely rests on top of mine.

 

"Do you miss me that much, Al?" I muffled under his tight embrace, trying to catch some air for me to take in.

 

"Why wouldn't I? For my only dear and precious little sister to move out on her own? When was there a day of me not thinking of you? Even though we call each other often, it's nothing compared to when you're here in person" He cooed with a slurry tone, looking like a lost puppy finding his owner.

 

"Our boss here missed you so much that he started to plaster pictures of your face on his belongings. Even on his own pillow, Lady Lenna" One of my brother's henchmen spoke up, causing him to pull away and slowly turned his neck around towards the man like an owl would.

 

"Shut your fucking mouth or I'm gonna cut that carefree tongue of yours by now"

 

His voice went high-pitched with his usual grin gone replaced with moving his mouth that his fangs are shown with every word he spouts off. His aura seemed to reach the man and shut his mouth up as he hid behind one of his co-workers.

 

"Still as vindictive as always I see." I giggled. He turned to me with a smile on his face as he lifted his hand and ruffled my long hair as usual. "Well, I got that from our pops. I gotta do my best to help sustain the family business running,"

 

"Nothing like the Great Alphonse Esmond couldn't handle," I added with him laughing proudly in return.

 

        

Alphonse Esmond, my big brother, famous for his tongue-twisting words that can persuade negotiations that our family handles. And he's also popular among the syndicates for being a frenzied man, wild but precise. But sometimes, it's quite a bad quality though. He almost got caught by the police for more than my fingers can count. Making him a fugitive of some sort, he's really got some of the public attention I tell you. Although he's like that, he kept my identity away for good.

 

I couldn't understand why girls from around here adore him so much even though they know he's not a person on the side of justice. I mean, even Bernadette fell for him, I guess being a womanizer has its perks in terms of popularity. Especially since he's also a man-eater, he can gain access to intel that easy from those men in separate Mafia Families. He's also next in line to inherit our Dad's position, that is if he's really ready.

 

Aside from being one of the youngest executives amongst his peers, he also attends official meetings or events that some people from the government throw from time to time secretly. Earning intel and scandals with associates hidden within them, he's the type of person you don't want to mess with if you want him to end up revealing one of your past mistakes. But the problem is, he acts before he thinks, making some of Dad's plans a total fluke because of his behavior. He's a wild card nonetheless, but when he's snapped, a bloodbath may occur in him engaging a full-on turf war with other Mafia families around our territory.

 

On the outside, he may look like a Hyena that's drooling to hunt down its prey. Merciless and savage to get what he or the gang wants to improve our territory. But to me, he's just an older brother who's overprotective towards his own sister. Al would just mope his eyes out whenever he saw me leave, he's the type of person who doesn't want to let go. But he does visit me every now and then, although he needs to hide his face so that no one can sniff him out. He likes to spoil me silly with his over to the top affection, a doting brother to his sister. After all, we are family by blood, we only have each other and our crew to lean on.

 

"So, how was it living in the big city alone? Getting used to it?" He asked as he jerked his head at the litten up building in the distance

 

Me and him walked side by side towards the mansion as the others trailed behind us. He wrapped his right arm around my shoulder gleefully, his tall and toned body leaned against mine, typical Alphonse.

 

"It's pretty fun actually, and yeah, considering that I got to explore the city more than what I was used to back then"

 

"That's good to hear, sis. But be careful when you travel outside of our territory though, you know well that other smaller and bigger gangs are roaming around the city to compete with us. It would be a shame if manslaughter happens if they lay their hands on your location" He added with a strict and straightforward tone, letting out a low snicker from his lips.

 

"No need to tell me twice. Al. I can take care of myself" I replied, putting my right hand on top of my chest with a huff.

 

"And that's why me and Dad don't need to worry much about your safety, you still remembered how to kick someone's ass. Though, our bothersome and four-eyed big brother would say otherwise. I kinda feel bad for those who wanted to target you, they gotta face a bad-ass girl like you." He let out a delighted sigh as we're climbing up the stairs in front of the mansion.

 

"Have any problems with money? Did the apartment we chose for you isn't your type? Or even worse.... guys" He dramatically jeered at the last word, frowning at the word he doesn't like to catch from me.

 

I shook my head and chuckled, "Everything's perfectly fine, Al. I can manage the money that Daddy gave me, even though he didn't need to give me that much. The apartment's really comfortable, especially the view from the balcony. And lastly, I'm not a little kid anymore! I wouldn't let myself end up in an overly dull relationship." I vexedly delivered the last sentence screaming all over his face.

 

"Yeah, yeah, just don't make the same mistake like what you did 4 years ago. Bastard got what he deserves to even dare to taint yourself with such things. Also, if any boy ever tried to lay his sights on you, I would've already gawked their eyes out anyway. I won't let any scummy bastards take my precious baby sister from me" Al pouted as he crashed his cheeks and rubbed it against mine like a cat.

 

"Geez, Al. I could've probably imagined if anyone outside of this family sees you like this. They wouldn't have believed it if they don't see it with their own eyes"

 

"If they saw it then they better prepare to shut their mouth the fuck up," Al mentioned as he peered over to his henchmen, turning their eyes away from their executive.

 

I started sniffing the smoky air around me and glanced at the pocket on Al's left upper chest. A striped white small box with a metal lighter peeked itself out from the top of the tight pocket.

 

"Have you been smoking ciggies again?" I pinched my nose and it made my brother laugh

 

"You know it's my thing, Lenny. Want one?" He smirked as he lifted his brows continuously

 

"I would like to keep my breath clear and lungs healthy, thank you very much"

 

Both of us reached the top of the stairs and stopped in front of a large double mahogany-carved door. My brother pulled his arm from me and cleared his throat with his right fist in front of his mouth.

 

"Executive Hyena" He spoke up.

 

As soon as his words ended, the door began to open up in front of us, revealing the bright room ahead of us. The large crystalline chandelier and velvet carpet covering the floor and stairs and a painting of me, Al, and our Daddy large enough to compete against my height hung on the wall beside the extending stairs. With servants who opened the door bowed and greeted us, and caught every member who's in the room by surprise. Familiar faces are quickly recognized, and they seem to have noticed me as well. Who do I see at the bottom of the stairs with his right-hand man? It's him alright.

 

His short and wavy hair with strands of white locks tainted his once fully Auburn colored mane. The wrinkles around his face are more pronounced compared to the last time I was here, the sharp gazes of his Emerald orbs are still the same at the least. When he laid his eyes upon me, his stern and ominous expression turned upside down in an instant. As he walked towards me, everyone including allied members of some smaller mafia gangs bowed in formality.

 

"Welcome back, Lenna" His deep and raspy voice reached out as he stopped a few feet from me, a tender smile enveloped his old face.

 

"Daddy!" I giggled and threw myself, wrapping my arms around him in joy. He deeply chuckled and hugged me back, warmth spread through me, the feeling that I have been longing for weeks. "How have you been? Did the experience you had come up to your expectations?"

 

He pulled away gently and placed both of his hands on my shoulder.

 

"I'm doing well, in fact, it does." As I stared at my dad, another figure joined us at the scene, his smile of gratitude and slick hair greeted me like he usually does. The neat and tidy navy suit he's wearing shows off his slender and tall posture. 

 

"I see you have returned here safely, Lenna." His voice called out to me

 

"Kalem! It's so good to see you" I threw myself into his arms and hugged him. Alphonse and dad just watched while I'm embracing my oldest brother tight.

 

"Goodness me, your grip has grown to be quite, ravenous" He lifted his glasses up and chuckled. "Cause I'm gonna hug you all day long if I have to, Kalem."

 

"Woah, Woah, settle down now guys, I'm supposed to be the one receiving the hugs from her. Not some guy in his early thirty's" Alphonse stared wide-eyed at the two of us, stretching his lips while putting his hands on top of his chest.

 

"Surely you couldn't share only a bit? You've always been hogging all the embraces that Lenna provides to the both of us, Alphonse." Kalem smiled as he patted my head while glancing at Al.

 

"Just because you're our nanny or whatever doesn't mean I would give her to you" Alphonse growled jealously, pouting as he tugged the denim cloth near my shoulder.

 

"For the last time, Alphonse. I'm not a nanny, I'm your-"

 

"I know, I know" Al lifted his hands up and started to count with his fingers as he spoke, "Foster brother, my mentor, Lenna's mentor, dad's advisor, the one who's keeping tracks on how many hours he slept, the one who would likely watch a documentary about horses late at night, the one who would constantly wak-"

 

"I get the idea, you can stop now" Kalem sighed and interrupted Alphonse by pinching his cheek.

 

"OH DUDE COME ON, I WASN'T FINISHED!" Alphonse whined as dad separated both of them by standing in the middle. 

 

"That's enough you two, aren't you both pleased that Lenna is here visiting us? Why need to bicker over such trivial things?" my dad let out a deep sigh as he glanced back at both Alphonse and Kalem with eerie eyes.

 

Both of them stayed quiet, then they both nodded in sync with blushes of pink blooming on their cheeks. 

 

"It's okay you two, there are enough hugs for you both" I laughed and went on to hug Alphonse, by the moment my arms wrapped around his body his stiff posture melt within them.

 

"I'M SO LUCKY TO HAVE A LIL SISTER LIKE YOU, LENNY!! HOW COULD I EVER LIVE IN THIS WORLD IF IT'S NOT FOR YOUR EXISTENCE HERE!! BIG BROTHER WUVS YOU VERY MUAWCH, SIS!!" Al cooed as his arms tightly wrapped around my body, rubbing his cheeks against my face. Imitating his lips as he's about to smother smooches all over my face.

 

"TOO TIGHT, TOO TIGHT, AL!" I shrieked as he continued to clung to me.

 

I could feel the stares of grotesque faces from others seeing Al acting like this. Imagine if he's like this in the streets, it's not him who would be dying of embarrassment, it would've been me.

 

"And that's what I called an overdoting brother, never seen one this 'attached' in my whole life," Kalem laughed softly, seeing me being devoured by Alphonse's loving gesture. That comment made dad chuckle and Alphonse to stop in his tracks as he glared at Kalem with deadly gazes.

 

"I'm only joking, for I as well felt the same for Lenna. Although, it would be clear who has got more control over their emotions" Kalem smirked at Alphonse, which he could only respond by clicking his tongue.

 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f45632d68594e79746451433244773d3d2d3933393935303131372e313633346437613865343064666465613737313438323333333530302e6a7067             

Kalem Coopers, he's my dad's right-hand man and my foster older brother. He has been around ever since I was born, or rather since Al was born. He's the Esmond Family's advisor, meaning he's the third person with authority to make choices other than dad or Al. He's smart and is the person behind the tactics that Alphonse uses in turf wars. I don't know how, but his ways of strategic planning all seemed too good to be true. His affection towards me is at the same level as Alphonse, which could cause some trouble if the two of them start to bicker.

 

He's also well known by the community, although he likes to be on the sides rather than in the spotlight. He's actually quite shy around other people, once he sneaked out of an event to tend to some street cats outside of the building. Well, not only him, Alphonse did it as well, they have a love and hate relationship, but they get along like typical brothers. But when he's at work, he turns into a workaholic, unable to sleep if his tasks aren't done in time. Dad cared about him as much as he did to me and Alphonse. Kalem looked after me and Al when we were little, mostly because dad's busy maintaining the family business.

 

Kalem's the one who assisted me in keeping me in shape when I moved out. He would constantly text me on how I was doing, have I eaten yet, did Al bust into my apartment again, and other things. He's like the mom of the family, well, he does look up to me and Al's mom after all. They were very close, like biologically mother and son, I hope he doesn't go back to his ways when she passed. Even though we're not related by blood, it was fate for him to be with us.

 

"By the way, Julia and Adrian send their regards to you, dad. But, I guess he greeted you himself, right?" I giggled, intending to make my Daddy at least chuckle and it did.

 

"That boy, Adrian. He and his crew came in not too long ago. His father sent him over here to discuss some changes in their supply stock." He explained, earning a nod from my brother.

 

"He's really grown into a fine young man I would say, he and I get along pretty swell. Might consider him a potential candidate, sis." Al added with a smirk on his face. "A candidate for what exactly?" I pulled away and narrowed my eyes at him, he lifted his right, veiny hand in front of my eyes.

 

"You know... This"

 

He smiled, wiggling his ring finger right there. My eyes went wide at his words, flustered by what he suggests. "D-didn't you say that you're against me having a boyfriend?!" I yelled at him nervously, making him laugh his ass off.

 

"First off, he's not a scummy bastard in my eyes. Second, he's my best friend, his cleverness in negotiation competes mine as well and even Kalem's . So, I acknowledge his expertise and solid work. Third, you guys have been friends since little, I have always kept my eyes on him ever since you hold his hand like lovebirds while playing in the playground at a nearby park-"

 

He explained one by one, lifting his fingers with each of his reasonings, his voice went despondent when he got to the last one.

 

"And you were only 4 years old at that time" He whined, gritting his teeth annoyed by the fact that I was already setting off to a potential relationship at that age. But what do I think about this? He's just exaggerating.

 

"I think I can agree with Alphonse on this one, he seems like the ideal candidate." Kalem chuckled, adding into Al's statement.

 

"Not you too..." I scoffed at both of them, glaring at them with lazy eyes.

 

"They're only children at that time, Alphonse. There's no need to live in the past, what you need to focus on now is maintaining your whole crew and portion on the port stocks alongside Kalem" Daddy commented straight to the point on my brother, leaving him to only groan lazily.

 

"Yes, sir" My brother chuckled.

 

"And what did I tell you about loosing up your tie like that?" Daddy pointed his gloved finger right at Al's chest, his tie dangling like vines off a tree.

 

"Ya got me, pops" He sarcastically replied, hurriedly pulling up his tie to his collar and tucking it in his vest.

 

My Dad, Roderick Esmond, the Godfather of the Esmond Mafia Family. The fearful and intelligent mafia boss across the region, he mostly works in the mansion and is hidden from the public's eyes. Recruiting thousands of men to the family, promising them a bright future for them all. He's wise and empathetic, he wouldn't take a risk only to see his men or Al end up in a dire situation, especially me. After losing mom back when I was still six years old while Alphonse was nine, he took an oath to keep me away from any mafia-related activities. I really resembled her after all, my long chestnut-brown colored hair is one of those proofs.

 

Unlike the other three highest Godfathers in Bremerwood, my dad isn't as ambitious as them. I never knew the reason why he decided to build a Mafia gang in the first place. He's a man of many secrets, numerous rumors had risen around the gang community about him in the past. Even though he was taunted by it, he won't hesitate to move on forward for the good of our family. He's the best Daddy that I could have ever asked for.

 

I still remembered the day when I told him that I wanted to explore the city and live alone to pursue a normal life. He sat there in his office chair with a smile appearing across his face and simply agreed to it. A few months after that, I moved out of the mansion, he provided me an apartment room, not too luxurious and mostly not too eye-catching. He was never worried about me since he already taught me everything he knows about self-defense. Although, I never wanted him to suffer because of the pressure of being the Godfather of our Mafia family.

 

"I think that boy is still enjoying himself in the gardens, both of us had just finished our discussion. Perhaps you want to go and chat with him?"

 

"Would I?" I giggled, knowing the answer to that question.

 

"Well, guess I better get going" Alphonse snapped his fingers to one of his henchmen, in return the man with a black suit handed him his midnight black suit.

 

"Where are you heading to?" I asked with curiosity as he threw the suit back in his right hand over his shoulder then tucking his palms into his side pockets, grabbing a pair of hand gloves.

 

"Work, obviously." He replied while his hands made work covering them with black tight gloves and grabbed the small white card box. Opening the lid and pulling one of those poison sticks and placing the edge on his mouth.

 

"An associate from a smaller group said that they have got new stocks from the black market, Kalem gave them the funds and we have to check on it before my crew ships it. Making sure they aren't counterfeit or falsified models, and if that happens..." He muffled with the cigarette hanging from his lips as his left hand on the lighter.

 

With a flick of his thumb, the metal lid opened and he covered the area in front of his mouth with his right hand. With a few clicks on the igniter, the tongues of flame licked the edges of the cigarette and set blazes to burn the paper wrapping. Al held the stick lightly with his left fingers as he slowly took in a deep breath and exhaled assuagingly. Trails of transparent and thick smoke left his lips, surrounding the air around us with its smell.

 

"They're going to fall down like dominos tonight" He grinned cunningly as he lifted the stick from his mouth, gazing at mine and Daddy's eyes.

 

"Just simply check the goods and return back, don't cross the line between a simple inspection and provoking another turf-war with any of them. I will handle it if things turn over for the worst, so your job is to only examine it, nothing more" Daddy crossed his arms, adding to Al's words with a strict command

 

He glared at Alphonse rolling his eyes as he put back the disintegrating stick of Tobacco to his mouth, "Relax, Daddy dearest. I got this, I won't let any of my crew get hurt. You have my word, as always," My brother responded by following our Daddy's posture.

 

"Be careful out there, Alphonse. Remember the things I had taught you, if you're cornered you can use-"

 

"The One-Man Circus Act. I know, Kalem." Al cut off his words, leaving Kalem to nod in agreement.

 

Al earned permission to take off from him, judging from the slightly crooked brows of our dad himself. He let out a huff and turned to me, his body sideways as he smiled with his fangs out. He cackled as he suddenly ruffled my head messy until the pin beside my ear was nearly off the strands of my hair.

 

"Hey! What was that for?!" I shrieked at him, scurrying my hands all over the top of my head, trying to fix the outbursting locks of my hair because of his doing.

 

"It's only for fun, heh. We could catch up when I get back, kay? We got lots of time in our hands, it will be a quick job I promise." He flashed a brotherly smile at me, one that he would only give whenever he's about to go from me.

 

"Okay, but you better hurry."

 

"Two hours?" He chuckled, intentionally teased me to get riled up

 

"Thirty minutes"

 

"No, no, no, that's too quick, how about one hour?" He grunted, placing his fingers on his chin as ashes from the cigarette fly off with the air.

 

"I'm still holding to what I said earlier." I crossed my arms, while my brother here is in deep thought. He suddenly shot his eyes wide open and snapped his fingers.

 

"Fifty-five minutes and I'll be back with some of those macaroons you used to be obsessed with from that downtown cafe. "The Sleeping Owls" wasn't it, sis? " He snickers wickedly at my face, knowing he had cornered me to a point of no return. Taking a big gulp did I realize this is turning into a full-on negotiation.

 

I can't help but already imagine the feeling of the crispy and crumbling egg-like shell melting in my mouth as the soft filling of Vanilla cream spread throughout the surfaces of my tongue. It's just irresistible, how long since I have time to go and actually buy some of those? Dang it, he's the one who knows how to confront me like this. He's the family negotiator, after all, I musn't give in just yet.

 

"Well, what do you say? I know you must have been craving those since you moved out. The three of us could enjoy it while we chat later over some soothing Earl gray tea." He added as he pointed towards Kalem, three strikes were added to complement his argument.

 

Just imagine it, I get to eat those again while I chat with my dearest brothers who're always so busy at their work. Most of all, my favorite type of tea to go with Macaroons is always Earl Gray. Add two sugar cubes into the cup of tea and that bitter aftertaste complements the sweet mixtures of the Macaroons. 

 

JUST. IMAGINE. THE. HEAVENLY. TASTE

 

I was in a puzzling situation, should I hold my ground or surrender? But those combinations are just so heavenly that I could risk my limbs to have it again. I'm sorry, my pride, you'll probably have another scar for this little argument.

 

"Tch, fine" I scowled lightly, crossing my arms vexedly at him.

 

"Consider it a great deal, sis. Thank you for your cooperation" He said it as if he was negotiating a deal with his clients. 

"You better get the Vanilla and Matcha ones or I wouldn't accept it" I mumbled with a pout on my face.

 

"Do get the Ube ones for me, will you, Alphonse?" Kalem added with glimmering eyes staring at Alphonse.

 

Alphonse narrowed his eyes at Kalem with a smirk, "Only if you agreed that the first person Lenna would hug when I got back is me"

 

"It's a deal then" Kalem chuckled, a wave of slight anger can be heard from his voice.

 

"Okay, okay, I'll be off now" He chuckled and patted my head for the last time before he rotated his body to his men.

 

"You, you, you, you, you, come with me. We travel by foot" He hand-picked his best-man and walked past them as five men followed him behind. That's my big brother for you, ambitious to get what needs to be done quickly.

 

"Don't get your ass kicked like last time, Al!" I shouted with my hands in front of my mouth

 

"I WON'T!" He shouted with his arms thrown wide as he glanced back at me, walking backward while focusing his eyes on mine. 

 

"OH SHI-!" 

 

He stumbled and fell on his ass, he quickly rolled back to get on his feet from the embarrassment while I laughed at him. He shrugs it off as he patted his uniform and grabbed his fallen suit, maybe even glared at some of his men to shut them up.

 

"Language, Alphonse!" Kalem tuned his volume up, it ended up with my brother giving him a wave of his hand, signaling the word "whatever".

 

I giggled as his shadow seemed to disappear further into the dim path, a hand placed on my shoulder as I turned my head towards the owner of it.

 

"You, too, Lenna" Kalem turned his head to me with a straight face.

 

"Awwwhh..."

 

"How about you go and be with Adrian? He must have been waiting in the gardens for far too long." My Daddy mentioned, his head looked at the direction of a hallway leading to the garden. "Okay, I will see you soon, Daddy, Kalem." I smiled and pecked his left cheek before taking off. My heart beat in excitement as I sprint across the empty hallway with adrenaline pumped through my blood.

 

Roderick POV

 

She's always like that, energetic and stubborn like her mother. I wish you could have seen what our two children have grown up to be. I still felt over the moon by the peck my dear daughter gave me just a few seconds ago. As I adored her, a voice interrupted behind me, my most trusted man, son, and confidant, Kalem stood before me with his brows knitted together.

 

"What's with the long face? Are you worried about something?" I asked, puzzled by the situation both of us are in as murmurs surrounded as other members hang out in the lobby. "Roderick, are you certain to let Alphonse on his own by tonight?"

 

"Are you even hearing yourself right now? You're doubting him, is that it?" I turned away from him and began to walk upstairs to my office, he followed frantically behind with a worried face.

 

"He has done many of these alone without my guidance. For him to be the future Godfather, it's his job to be independent and be able to take care of his crew." I continued, walking up until I'm in front of the office door, turning the doorknob around with ease.

 

"It's not that I doubted him. He's an excellent heir, but I'm more worried about what he's going to encounter tonight."

 

I didn't look back and continued to strut forward passing some huge portraits, coffee tables, and lockers in the huge room all the way to my desk. I sat down at the Dark Oak chair right on top of its Red velvet cushion as I stared at Kalem bowing in front of me.

 

"Then tell me, what is it that you're afraid of"

 

"Roderick, you may have already caught my drift on who I'm talking about. They have been brewing up more and more turf wars each and every night. What if 'he' encountered Alphonse? The possibility is never zero," Kalem stressed as a sweat slides down to his forehead

 

"There's no need to worry, though we shouldn't take it lightly. All of their crew are scattering throughout every corner like rats." I leaned my head on top of the back of my palm.

 

"See the others to patrol the premises for any suspicious moves, hit them if you have to"

 

"I will discuss it with the others then, very well, Roderick" Kalem bowed down and turned to leave the room. I sighed at the click of the door being closed shut

 

Sometimes, I have doubts about my decisions, growing this family from nothing really made me wonder... Was it correct to do this? Was it unthinkable? Am I finally compensating for the loss of those cherished souls and broken commitments from those years ago? 

 

I don't even know...

 

3rd Person POV

 

Somewhere in the Western Region

.

.

.

"Looks like that they'll be here any second now, my Lord"

 

In the depths of a dark alley, groups of armed men surrounded one particular man as the informant talked through his phone. The chill breezy night has never been more suspended than what it used to be in the daytime. His lips ghosting open and closing as he exhaled briefly, his right hand inside of the pocket in his grey pants as his body leaned against the wall. The white suit shines like armor enveloped his shoulders, clinging to it as the edges sway freely.

 

"Well taken, I will later order my men to deliver the sum we had agreed to" 

 

He hung up his phone with a single press from his gloved hand. The tied-up white as snow locks of his follows as he straightened his back up, alerting the crew of his movement. He averted his golden-amber eyes towards them with glares so intense that they could cut a man's throat if they're not careful with their tongue.

 

"Remember, our target is him, bring him to our meeting point that the Don has assigned" He spoke to them with a low and husky voice.

 

"I won't take any excuses if any of you dare to stray off the main objective. Those who betray the Don's words are simply forgiven by giving their own lives, understand?"

 

The group of men all nodded in silence as footsteps were heard. There, a young man with maniac eyes shining in the dark. Smoke trailed behind his face as he continued onwards with five of his own men. Passing by the gap of the alley without any suspicions, snickers of bragging from him can be heard, a certain name caught the so-called Lord by a wind.

 

"Alphonse Esmond"

 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6c524e536b7361454570445037773d3d2d3933393935303131372e313632653333623363613162393661633535383731393636383231392e6a7067?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280        

"He will pay for what he has done to one of my men."

.

.

.

.

"No one messes with the rulers of the North Region"

What do you think of Lenna's big brother, Alphonse? Would you like to get to know him better?
  • Not really, he seems... off Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, I'm still unsure about it Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Could be, he seems like a cool guy Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Absolutely! He's the type of person I would want to hang out with Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definitely, he's my type! I like it bad~ Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 6
4