Revision is complete.
303 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear Readers.

This book hasn't been forgotten, but I have made changes to fit with the new Story. 

The outline is the same; A veteran Dungeon Master/Mistress, is finally defeated and sent to become a Dungeon in a Sci-Fi world.

That was the base out line, and that is what I used when making this very book.

But now, I have taken that and given it life so to speak.

What changed?

One the MC is called Jean now, while the Fairy will still be called Erika. They have worked together in the same Dungeon for the last three-hundred years.

Jean is a former captain of Federation Starship but was betrayed due to internal struggles as her loyalty was to the Terran Federation and not any faction within it. But due to said betrayal she holds a near instinctive distrust and minor hatred towards Humans that aren't her servants, slaves or monsters. Which bleed over into her hating mortals in general.

The System has been scraped... unfortunately. In favor for something new, which I will explain more later on.

The Classes have been changed to fit with the new system and story.

Personal thoughts.

Hmm, this hard to say. I have made a new story based of the one sentence idea. But both of these books carry the spirit each other while being completely different. I am...

Saddened to only now after writing it, to come back here to let all you know, and than to see that I have made a book that is very little in common outside of Erika and a hatred for a nation/race...

While, I may have made these completely different, the mistakes will not be repeated. As there were many ideas for this book before it needed to be revised.

The title of the new book is; Third Life, Second Dungeon, Old Mistress

Each part means something, it felt right.

This is Jean's third life, one as a Human two as a Dungeon and her third will be another Dungeon that is very different from what she is use too.

Second Dungeon referring to this will be her second home.

And lastly Old Mistress, Jean is old by both normal convention and by Dungeons as they tend to get overwhelmed early in life. Taking into account her Human years plus her time as a Dungeon she is 336 years old.

Dungeons and System.

This new book is effectively has two parts to it. One Jean's Dungeon is a moving one akin to in other stories that the most powerful Dungeons are moving ones or flying Dungeons.

Our MC is a Starship Dungeon, with each floor/deck of the ship being added to it. Even though the ship looks larger from the outside, she may only have a few floors/decks while being a few hundred meters tall. Traditional building. 

Now for the part that is harder to explain, if you have ever read about above ground Dungeons than you have an idea off what I have thought off. This is what I call the Dungeon Empire, where the MC has a semi-independent Empire that will slowly expand over time, and gives her Dungeon Points (DP) passively so that she may upgrade herself or the Empire.

Now... the System for the Monsters do not work the same way, normally the DM would use Mana or DP to get his/her mobs.

But here it is Spawners (think of Minecraft) that over time will produce troops, said troops will have X values for discipline, skill, combat ability and spawn rate. The Ship Dungeon and the Empire Dungeon uses Spawners, as both are meant to be attacked with a win or lose for the attacker.

In regards to Jean's ship borne Spawners they will only spawn for the number of crew needed for the number of floors/decks. EG if the Dungeon had a outwardly appearance of a Super Star Destroyer but only had four floors/decks only a few hundred will be spawned.

The Empire on the other hand will keep spawning, not only fighting mobs but civilian ones that can fight, but it would be like giving a child a butter knife and sending them to fight the US Army alone. But the spawn rate is slower than aboard Jean's ship, but more spawn each time. So while Jean get a crew men every 6 hours the Empire may get 10 in 24 hours with her being able to use DP to increase the spawn rate and or the number spawned each time.

Right... I am aware that is a little confusing, but be assured that the Empire part of the Dungeon building is self-managed by the Empire itself.

Now for those that may be wondering, "Well is Jean's Dungeon a starship why not just destroy it?"

There are three answers to that, though one is a hidden, that one is for you and Jean to find out.

Reason one; Jean's Dungeon is immortal in the sense that it can't be turn a sunder by fire, the caveat to maintain the balance is that the ship is easily disabled. AKA even if her Dungeon is as powerful to go toe to toe with Battleship by comparison she would be a Heavy Cruiser with how easily she is to be damaged, and if your wondering what that would look like, Bismarck vs the Hood, though that was a lucky shot. But still it works, even though the Hood was a Battlecruiser. 

Reason two; if Jean's Empire is still alive she will return to there, she will only appear there if her ship was disabled and captured, but that is assuming she dies in the boarding, Erika and named crewmen (Bose mob) are the only ones that have this privilege. And vice versa as long as her ship is still active she can restart the Empire if it gets wiped out.

Final thoughts.

So... I don't know, I feel. I don't know.

I am happy that I have finally done what was promised, the revision is over...

But I feel, somewhat upset for... kinda bailing like what I did, were I just post, in my opinion half-baked chapters so that I could say I posted something...

I am Sorry... But here we are. Yeah.

Anyway, I have just far will have post three chapters before this is made.

...

From your Author Royal Jeager.

Third Life, Second Dungeon, Old Mistress | Scribble Hub

5