Chapter 59 : Innovations
1.6k 5 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 32 of the Human Calendar - Southwest district of the Holy Land of Xue - Linjian house

*chirp* *chirp*

I wake up to the sounds of birds.

[Good morning Linjian]

(Good morning Maria)

I eat breakfast, do some exercises, take a shower and go to the center of the Holy Land of Xue.

I recovered my every morning routine.

...

My right knee touches the ground and I close my eyes.

“Please look after me as always“ Linjian

......

...

As I walk on the streets wearing my Earth Knight armor, I look around.

“...“ Linjian

In those twenty years, some things changed inside the Holy Land of Xue.

Two new districts, named after the first two kings, were added to the north part of the kingdom. The Linjian district and the Yue district.

[If this was my world, they would have called her a Queen Regnant]

(But in this world the word King became unisex)

The nights are illuminated by spherical street lights on poles, fabricated by blacksmiths and their Fire Manipulation Max ability of creating various types of energy.

With the help of earth manipulators, all the streets are now paved. They may not have my MP, but they have the numbers to make up for it.

The most used means of transport are Elemental Chariots, a Water Manipulator driver moves the elemental monster while it carries the carriage behind him. Because of the paved streets, this way of transport is fast, clean and almost soundless.

On a personal level they also changed.

All the people, except children, have the Wind Manipulation or the Water Manipulation. The education system is working.

Children run happily to their schools accompanied by friends. They already accepted it as a social rule.

People reading books isn't a rare sight anymore.

The Fashion sense within them exploded in these years. Nobody wears robes anymore.

A cultivator could have a heart attack if he saw them without warning.

(Are you happy with the clothes now, Maria?)

[...It is a start]

(Your standards are really high)

[Well... my world technically lived only for entertainment, that's the reason]

...

If I were to choose what was the most important change on an individual level that would be...

Classes.

The children of the first generation of residents are capable of obtaining classes.

They grant their bearers parameter buffs, abilities, and sometimes skill boosts.

Singer, Baker, Blacksmith, Librarian, Fire Mage, Water Mage, Wind Mage, Earth Mage.

Those are only a little bit of the vast amount of Classes inside the Holy Land of Xue.

After appraising people with Maria, this is what we got.

1.Only one Class can be equipped at a time.

2.Classes are interchangeable, the person in question need to think about doing so before going to sleep and that is enough to do it.

3.Class skills do not occupy a slot.

4.Classes, like skills, need years of experience to be obtained.

5.There is no limit to how many Classes can they obtain.

This is what the evolution of the System did to the second generation.

As for the third generation...

When I asked Maria about the appraisal of Mai, this is what she said.

[Maybe this is a little bit soon to say, but I somehow feel like her level limit and skill slot have higher limits that the previous generations. Only time will tell the truth]

It will take a time to see them shine.

......

...

I stopped my walk.

[We are here]

I reached my destination.

Everything was great, but what caught my attention the most was ...

*Cling, Cling*

Some bells make noises when I open the door.

“Welcome to the Furukawa Shop, What can I do fo...“ Xiaoyan

She froze after seeing me.

“Anointed King!“ Xiaoyan

To the first generation I will always be the king.

“Good morning, could I ask you help to me with something?“ Linjian

......

...

After that she explained to me how this equipment works.

Using her skills, she was able to imbue her mana on clothes and when someone wears them the mana inside them protects the wearer as a cloth would.

There were rules to these enchanted clothes.

First, every piece needs to have some distance between them. Head, arms and legs these are the equipment slots that Xiaoyan recommends. Only one piece of enchanted clothes per equipment slots, wearing more on the same slot dissipates the effectiveness of mana.

Second, it cannot be used if there is some kind of armor made by a Personal Skill covering the person in question.

And Third, enchanted clothing has a limited usable time period. The mount of use determines when they are to be re-enchanted or discarded.

[Basically, she takes the essence of protection and support from clothes and reinforces it with mana]

(The essence of things...)

......

...

At night, I went back home.

(I am not strong enough)

As I reach my bedroom, I speak to Maria.

[...You did defeat a jade rank cultivator without a scratch]

(Yes, after recovering from 20 years of damage that the previous one did to me)

[...]

I defeated the second city lord by luck.

(That time inside the dome, he could have killed me if he had attacked me while I was helpless under him)

He also decided to fight on land, my territory. If he had used the jade cultivator's ability of floating in the air, that plan would not have worked.

It was all luck.

[If you don't like it, then it is time to do something about it. The Holy Land of Xue no longer needs your attention]

The time has come.

The time to break my limit.

(I will create a weapon to surpass the Immortals)

28