50. Chocolate & Cheese Platter
192 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Oliver would never have known all the specialty food shops around his area if it weren’t for Robin. The next morning, after spending the night together, he accompanies Robin, gladly carrying their purchases.

Along with buying all the milk they need to make the cheese according to the cheesemaking kit, Robin also buys a selection of pre-made cheese and hand-made chocolates, as well as various crackers.

And that’s how Oliver ends up at his mum’s home and handing her a large box.

“What is this?” she asks, curious.

Over her shoulder, Oliver’s older brother Cameron is making a face. “Is there something you want from mum?” he says.

“Actually, it’s from my partner. He said you can pair different chocolate and cheeses together, so he prepared this. This way, it’s not a purely sweet dessert.”

Two sets of eyes widen at Oliver.

“Your partner,” his mum says slowly. “Well, this is nice of...him.”

Oliver smiles faintly, hiding the tenseness in his chest.

“We were going to have Cameron’s girlfriend next week, maybe your partner would like to come too.”

“I’ll ask him,” Oliver says. Inwardly, he’s gratified with how Cameron’s gaze keeps slipping down to the food. Robin knew a good gift for his family!

“Hm, Henry would like the chocolate part of it too,” his mum says. She closes the box and sets it on the kitchen counter. “We’ll have it after dinner,” she adds.

Cameron backs off. “Er, yes Mum,” he says. “Ollie, c’mon, let’s play some footy. Henry’s finished his exams, so he’ll be coming too.”

Oliver puts his hands in his pockets. “Yeah, sure.”

“As long as you all return in time for dinner!” his mum says.

“Yeah, yeah.” Cameron starts heading out first.

“And Oliver? Tell your boy thank you,” his mum adds.

A smile blooms on Oliver’s face. “Yes, Mum.”

13