Chapter 6 – The Unexpected encounter
42 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

         After the class had ended, Melinda, Raidou and I left the classroom together. We walked towards the school Sports Hall to play a friendly match of badminton. As we walked, we talked about what we did during our school holiday and our plans for the next school holidays.

         After 30 minutes of walking, we saw the Sports Hall. Although not as big as the main building used for classes, it was built to be sturdy so that it could be used as a shelter during emergency situations. When we went to rent our equipment from the sports department, we spotted Mr Allen, our school disciplinary master, in his athlete uniform. 

         Mr Allen Stuart, nicknamed the Ice King, was well known amongst the student for being the strictest teacher in the whole school. Even though he did not express any subtle emotions on his face and had an aloof nature, he attracted the attention of every girl with his looks. Now, that very same teacher expressed his happiness with a big smile on his face. This scene  was like night and day. We had never expected to see the other side of Mr Allen.

         As we moved closer to greet Mr Allen, he quickly noticed us as he turned to leave. As if nothing had happened, his face returned to its usual strictness as he walked towards us. He stopped a few steps away and stared at us as if he was going to give us a stern lecture. 

         He studied us for a brief moment before asking in a questioning tone: “It is after school hours and all students should go home or their club. May I know for what purpose have you three come here?”

         Before I could answer his question, Melinda spoke up and replied: “We were thinking of playing badminton in the badminton court before we go home. Mr Allen, we promise we will directly go back home after we play.”

         Mr Allen thought for a moment before allowing us to continue and reminded us: “It is good you guys are taking care of your body through exercising but do not play too much. You guys still need to study hard if you want to have a better life with a good paying job in the future. Also, make sure to leave before 6pm. There might be dangers lurking in the neighbourhood so stay safe if you ever leave past 6pm.”

         “We will. Goodbye Mr Allen.” I replied as we all saw him off. We stared at his back as he walked away while processing what just occurred.

         “Did… did he just give us advice?” Raidou stuttered as he stared at the direction Mr Allen left in shocked. 

         “I think so. I thought we would have received a lecture from him to study like he used to. Have you guys seen him smile before? For sure this is my first time.” Melinda replied as she recounted the scene we first witnessed when we arrived.

        “Well, one thing is for sure. We had all witnessed him smile and he was dressed ready to do some sports. We should move along as well. If not, we will have less time to play. We have to leave before 6pm, remember?” I reminded both of them of our purpose at the sports complex.

        Melinda and Raidou remembered and assented to my reminder. We hurriedly rented out equipment and a court for the game before changing into our sports attire.


Edited by: Pillow
Date: 4 September 2019
Time: 11.37 pm

Thank You for waiting. I have more time to write other than me having other works to earn some money cuz I'm broke now. Im starting on the next chapter already but I'll first write the Cat Haven Story. This story has more or less been edited. May update in future if needed.

Edited by: Dountmindme
Date: 5 September 2019
Time: 1.58 am

EDIT: I will try to change the speech of the disciplinary teacher to a formal tone. Kindly bear with me cuz' I am not good in formal language.

 

 

0