Chp 54 – Mom Problems
1.5k 7 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 54 - Mom Problems

 

Rachael POV

 

I still look young, right? Like, I don't have any wrinkles. But it's getting hard to fit into my secretary clothes. I must've gotten fat from sitting down all day. Maybe I should hit the gym, but some guys like a little fat. Then again, some guys like muscle. I bet Tyler likes muscle. He probably also likes younger girls, girls without kids, girls without stretch marks. But he likes Henry, right? Maybe...What am I thinking?

 

"Mommy, Mommy! Tyler kissed Laura!" What? Henry? 

 

"Mommy will be out in a minute," I call out.

 

I walk out of the closet and Henry bumps into my side.

 

"Mommy, I saw Tyler kissing Laura." I guess I was right.

 

"When did you see this?" Maybe I still have a chance, who am I kidding? I have a schoolgirl's crush.

 

"Just now, Mom."

 

"Well, that's what adults do."

 

"Don't you want to kiss Tyler instead?" Yes.

 

"Where do you get that from? I'm too old for him."

 

"You look at him like those girls on TV look at guys they like. And you're not old, Mom!"

 

"Oh, you're so sweet!" I pick him up in a hug. "But you shouldn't believe everything you see on TV. I don't need another guy, after all, I have you."

 

"I don't like to be picked up by liars."

 

"Don't get cheeky with me, mister. Maybe I should ground you from video games. You're getting spoiled." I put him down.

 

"And then I'll tell Tyler you moan out his name when you use your dildo."

 

"What?" 

 

"I'm not dumb, mom. And the internet does exist. Your fun stick or whatever is a dildo you use to masturbate. And you moan out his name whenever you use it. You're a big fat liar and you should just talk to Tyler so you don't have to feel lonely and I can have a dad for once!"

 

"Go to your room." 

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to—"

 

"Go to your room, Now."

 

"Yes ma'am." He says before scurrying through the connecting doorway to his room. I collapse onto the bed shortly after.

 

"I've let the internet raise my son." With me usually at work and both his real father and fake father always at work. Work. Where I helped people torture children. Where I cheated on my husband with his colleague only to be threatened into telling my husband the child was his. Henry and Derek don't even look alike. And Henry just sees right through my lies.

 

I'm not just a bad person. I'm a bad mother.

 

"You're not a bad mom." 

 

"Ahhh!!! Tyler? What are you doing in my room? What did you just say?"

 

"I knocked, but you seemed out of it. I knew you were decent and really needed to come in. You're not a bad mom, Rachael."

 

"I am a bad mom."

 

"Don't get me wrong, you're not a good mom. But you're not bad. Bad moms think they're good moms. You're a good enough mom. And you can improve."

 

"I'm a bad mom."

 

"And I'm a murderer. But if you stop your pouting, I'll kiss you."

 

"Really? Wait no, I'm too—Mmmmpph." He's suddenly on me, and inside my mouth. His taste, it's something dark, yet bright. I want more of it. But as soon as he arrived, he left.

 

"You can't fool me, Rachael."

 

"I'm old and I cheated on my husband."

 

"You're still young. And people do dumb things. It happens, but if you ever want to leave me, just tell me. As long as I don't love you, you can leave whenever you like. I do have to tell you that my romantic life is complicated by other women, though."

 

"Wait, so you don't love me? Then why? And what other women?"

 

"It's complicated enough to warrant another discussion later. I like you. I think your demeanor and desire to be better is a cute and endearing combination. So I'm willing to try and like you even more and provide you with what you need as long as you help me. Plus I think Henry is cool. "

 

"What about Laura?" 

 

"She's actually one of the things I need your help with. I never kissed her, I only blew some sleeping gas into her lungs because she wanted to fight me. Trust me, the last thing she wants to do is have a romantic interaction, especially with a guy. That goes for her family in general." He flips me around to the bed where Laura is lying on the bed. I really must have blanked out.

 

"This seems suspicious."

 

"Yes, it does. I admit that even I have my dumb moments. But if you keep her in your room and say that she had a panic attack from seeing your dildo, it might be plausible."

 

"No one is going to buy that."

 

"I'm sure you'll come up with something by the time she wakes up. I also need a secretary since I'm starting a company. Your help and experience will be very useful."

 

"Is that why you're going so far? To get my help?"

 

"You can think of it that way." That's definitely it. At least he isn't lying to me.

 

"Cortana said you didn't need a secretary."

 

"Cortana speaks for Cortana."

 

"But Father, I can do everything she can and more." Cortana interrupts from a speaker.

 

"You can't obey my instructions when it comes to privacy, that's for sure." He responds.

 

"What exactly do I have to do?" I ask.

 

"Normal physical secretary work. Paperwork, scheduling, looking hot but professional when we go places. $30 an hour. I'll take care of any medical or genetic problems you or Henry have personally, just like before. But if you prefer industry-certified care, then I'll cover the costs. No need to pay me rent."

 

"I don't have to do any sexual favors, right?" The offer sounds a little too good.

 

"It's a lot of paperwork and filing and whatever secretaries do. Basically all of it. I can't stand the stuff. All the inefficiencies and redundancies, it infuriates me. But no, sex is not part of your job."

 

"I'm in, but Cortana has me doing some training, do I stop that?"

 

"What's it about?"

 

"Creative Analytics or something. Math stuff."

 

"If you want, but it's a good skill to have. Is it alright if you start later today?"

 

"Just tell me when. I'm honestly glad l can help you with something. Me and Henry already owe you a lot."

 

"Great. You look lovely in that dress, by the way." He gives me a quick kiss on the cheek before leaving with a smirk.

 

...Did I just get played? No, Right? Ughhh. I'll talk to him later. For right now, I need to talk to Henry. Laura should be fine.

 

I walk over to the door between our rooms and tap lightly.

 

"Sweety, can I come in?"

 

 

"Mommy's sorry. Can I come in and apologize?"

 

"...come in." I open the door to find him reading on his tablet.

 

"I'm sorry Henry. I shouldn't be lying to you." I pull him into a hug. He waits a little before putting his little arms around me.

 

"And I'm sorry for saying mean things."

 

"I'm sorry you have such a dumb mom. You're so smart like your father, and I have trouble trying to handle you."

 

"You're not dumb, mom. You're just a very bad liar. I actually only believed in Santa Claus because I know how much it means to you."

 

"I told you that I'm one of Santa's helpers."

 

"Mom."

 

"You wouldn't believe mean people online over Mommy, right?"

 

"Mom." I can't win against him.

 

"You're rude like your father too." 

 

"I love you too, mom."

 

"You're still grounded from playing alone."

 

"Yes, mom."

 

"And no bypassing restrictions like last time. Cortana will make sure of it. Right Cortana?"

 

 

"Cortana?" Don't make me look bad in front of my son.

 

"Father would want me to help."

 

"Thanks, Cortana. Now, how about you teach me how to play that game, Cubecraft?"

 

"You mean Minecraft, Mom?"

 

"That's what I said."

 

"Sure mom."

=<=>=

43