Tyler’s Powers and Abilities
1.7k 8 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tyler's Powers and Abilities

Powers

Spoiler
  • Genius Level Intelligence: Tyler's greatest and most fundamental ability is his intellect.  While he does have a more than above average IQ, it is not enough to make him a genius. Rather, it is his creativity and extensive knowledge on problem-solving and thinking itself. While others might think themselves into a box, Tyler goes against arbitrary constraints. This typically results in him finishing, redesigning, repurposing, or improving other's work.
  • Origin Force: Following Tyler's, or rather Zach's, entrance into the Marvel multiverse as he knows it, he has developed an ability unique to him. 
    • He is capable of absorbing matter to 'feed' himself and his reservoir of energy. And so long as he has already consumed the necessary materials, he can recreate the same item or new items, thereby using up his energy. He uses a small amount of energy passively and he doesn't know what will happen if he runs out, but if it is unlikely he will ever get to that point.
    • The energy gained is dependent mostly on the mass or energy the object consumed has.
    • He can alter an existing object  without using energy, but at the cost of an extreme amount of focus. He used this primarily to alter the structure of his body before it completely converted to Exterium.
    • Exterium: Exterium is a substance that Tyler discovered to be taking the place of his DNA. TO his knowledge, only he can create this substance that can barely be categorized as matter. It consumes massive amounts of his energy reserves, with a 50 cm cube using up nearly all of his current reserves. As such, he doesn't make it unless he needs to use its main defining trait'; That all of its properties can be completely controlled if he has the focus for it.
      • Exterium Body:  After absorbing a small portion of the mutant, Mercury, Tyler's body has completely changed to Exterium, making him no longer capable of altering himself unless he uses even more focus than that used to control Exterium outside his body.  And while this does make it far more expensive to heal himself, it does give him other benefits. Namely, anything you could do to something if you could decide literally everything about it, he can do to himself.
        • Multilocation (Uncertainty => Certainty of Location): With some clever self-manipulation, Tyler is able to be in multiple places at once.  He can maintain 3 bodies, but he has to downgrade to 2 if he wants to remain functional. He uses this to tend to the ever-increasing amount of responsibilities he places on himself/ Having multiple bodies does have its downsides though, being in too close proximity to himself makes him violently dizzy. While damage isn't transferred between bodies, the experience is, which can cause him to lose focus, making the use of Multilocation potentially deadly.
        • Uncertainty of Location:  Potentially the most harmful ability Tyler has, is the ability to be, in a certain sense, nowhere. This can be visually be seen as him appearing fuzzy, distorted,  or transparent.  While in this state, Tyler can and will phase through objects. If he is not careful with how he reforms himself, any part of him that is in a solid or liquid might form a pressure explosion with him at its center.
        • Quantum Entanglement: Tyler can quantum entangle Exterium and other parts of his body. The primary use-case of this is to reverse the flow of heat of two objects, making the hot one hotter and the cold one colder. Tyler has not found a practical use for this in combat.
        • There are many more theoretical applications of Exterium however, they are too impractical, dangerous, or difficult for Tyler to do in his current state.
      • Inspired Alterations: By consuming mutagenic material or the key components of a person or organism, such as their blood or flesh, Tyler's body changes to include special qualities of that person. This typically results in a downgraded and/or warped version of the ability. Tyler can stack these abilities, enabling him to get close to the strongest version of the ability, but since he has no control over what they do to him, he hasn't gone full hail-mary on collecting every power he can get his hands on. (Powers granted by this quirk of his powers will be denoted with an 'I.A.')
  • Heightened Senses:
    • Superhuman Touch: Tyler's sense of touch is on par with Daredevil's, allowing him to feel his every bodily function, the ink on a page, and the heat and pressure differences generated by people or objects 2 meters around him.
    • Superhuman Smell: He can detect odors of an atmospheric concentration of thirty parts per million and identify people based purely on smell. This ability is as strong as Daredevil's or Wolverine's, however, Tyler hasn't had enough time and experience to nearly reaching their level. (This ability is a combination of Tyler altering himself to Daredevil's level and later an I.A. from Laura. A.k.a. X-23).
    • Vampiric Smell (I.A.): Tyler can smell the character and blood quality of people or organisms around him. He uses this to augment his limited experience with actual fragrances. This ability does have the downside of making him horny and hungry more often than normal.
    • Superhuman Hearing: Tyler's hearing is on par with Darevil's, enabling him to hear things at 20 decibels, the lowest a human can hear, roughly a hundred meters away. He can hear as low as 1 decibel, which allows him to hear a person's heartbeat 20 feet or 6 meters away. This allows him to operate completely blind and maneuver using echolocation. Tyler can hear much farther depending on how loud the noise is, but this requires a lot of concentration, particularly in loud environments like cities.
    • Superhuman Taste: On a technical level, Tyler's ability to identify the chemical makeup of anything he tastes is far above Daredevil's. However, this ruins the tastes of most foods, so Tyler will often half-eat, half-absorb his meals unless they are less processed. There is no real value to this ability, just a debilitating side-effect of the alterations Tyler made to himself.
  • Electromagnetic Body: Originally a sensory system on par with Daredevil that allowed him to send and detect electromagnetic waves with his brains such as radar, sonar, or the earth's magnetosphere. This mostly serves as a tracking method, but he can also use it to generate a larger field of vision than just echolocation. After being bitten by a mutagenic spider, Tyler has gained the ability to produce large amounts of electricity, and his electromagnetic sense has spread through the rest of his body. 
    • Semi-Invisibility: By releasing electromagnetic waves in specific ways, Tyler can achieve something close to invisibility in all light spectrums, though not all at the same time. He typically focuses on the visible and microwave spectrums. Note that target radiation can overwhelm Tyler's ability if enough energy is pointed at him. Close inspection will reveal a distorted image because of Tyler's limited experience.
    • Magnetism: Tyler can use large amounts of his stored electricity to either pull things towards him or, in unique cases, away. Note that if he pulls on something heavier than him, he will be the one affected.
    • Electric Discharge: Tyler can release his electricity in a pure form, requiring skill or a crutch to shoot arcs up to 10 feet away.
  • Superhuman Reflexes: Tyler's reaction time is within the order of the microsecond. This enables him to dodge or deflect bullets by predicting the trajectories of the bullets.
  • Superhuman Equilibrium: Tyler can achieve perfect bodily equilibrium, enabling him to maintain the perfect balance on anything and in any position.
  • Superhuman Speed: Tyler can move faster than the eye can track, even being able to catch up to an accelerating car while on foot. 
  • Superhuman Strength: At his current strength, Tyler can lift 4 tons with some difficulty and jump 30 feet vertically. It is unknown if his strength will continue to increase like Spiderman's as he develops, however Tyler has seen no natural indications as of yet. Even so, Tyler still has to pull his punches so they aren't immediately fatal. (I.A. - Tyler's strength was previously only 2 tons but increased to 4 when he consumed vampire material).
  • Quasi-infinite Stamina: So long as Tyler has enough Origin Force stored, Tyler can exert his body forever. His mental stamina, however, is limited.
  • Superhuman Durability: Tyler's body does not sustain damage, but it does pretend to without his intervention. His skin is almost invincible to penetration damage, with only specially designed weapons like the claws of Wolverine or X-23 being able to pierce him. And while he is somewhat resistant to blunt force damage, it is limited. Currently, he can survive landing at terminal velocity on his back with all of his bones shattering. 
    • Heat and Electrical Transference: Tyler's body is very conductive around his skin, so unless it is specifically altered to induce damage, such heat, cold, and electricity are more likely to affect his environment more than him, but this can be overwhelmed.
  • Superhuman Agility: Tyler is lithe and flexible enough to remain agile even under the strain of his other abilities. If not in skill, he at least has the acrobatic ability to perform like an Olympic acrobat.
  • Wall-crawling: Tyler can stick to surfaces through mostly unknown means. What is known is that Tyler can control the outside electrons of his body en-masse to induce very strong London-dispersion forces, thereby chemically bonding himself to the surface he makes contact with, and not just on the surface level. The bonding has an approximate strength of 2 tons per inch. Tyler's version is less concentrated than Spiderman's whose strength is up to 4 tons on the fingers.
  • Contaminant Immunity: Tyler's body consumes everything that is not native to it. This renders all diseases and chemicals mostly ineffective. Exceptionally strong doses of chemicals, especially if the chemical or dosage is lethal, can cause Tyler to become temporarily weakened and mentally imbalanced.
  • Healing Factor (I.A.): For Tyler, the time it takes for him to regenerate is not proportional to the severity of the injury, but the size. Even with several regenerative factors, Tyler would take 2 weeks to regenerate his arm if it were to be completely chopped off and rendered unusable. Under certain circumstances, his bodily Exterium is rendered inert and it becomes normal material. And since Tyler is incapable of directly controlling his healing factor,  the best way to defeat him is to probably damage him until he is overwhelmed by the mental experience of his body breaking and fixing itself, then to continue to damage him until he is drained of all resources.
  • Spider-Sense: Probably one of the most overpowered abilities Tyler can think of, is decidedly less useful in his hands. Spider-Sense alerts the user to any active or potential threats with a small amount of information and a sensation to the back of the skull. This can work too well where in cases of extreme threat, the user can feel disabling pain. It can't be turned off but can be ignored if it's small enough. Threat detection is not limited to physical threats, but anything that the user considers a threat, such as the threat of losing money to a game of poker. This ability effectively allows the user to cheat at everything in life. However, in Tyler's case, he rarely thinks of things as threats because of his ample amount of abilities ad his pride. 
  • Retractable Bone Claws (I.A.): Even though Tyler consumed the material of X-23, his claws come in the form of Wolverine's original set. Tyler has a set of 3 claws that extend out of his forearms and between his knuckles. They do cause some injury upon extension and apart from being slightly harder and sharper than normal bone should be, they just vary scary instruments.
  • Willpower (I.A.): While all beings should have willpower, a vampire can use it far better, since that is all they are. Tyler doesn't see it as magic, but with a relatively complex system of commands, Tyler can control small mammals, and influence larger ones. Note: humans are surprisingly easy to manipulate as long as you don't know you're there. At least you can decide if they want water or milk.
  • Enamour: Tyler isn't sure how it works and he doesn't care, but the questions about why give him nightmares. It can no longer be denied, Tyler has an enamoring effect on people he knows. The more he resists this fate, the worse its effects become. 
    • Bonding: The more people interact with him, the less they can escape from him. 
    • Note: Upon giving his ichor to a vampire, she has ceased being a vampire and now follows his every order while retaining her sentience. Tyler attributes this to his curse.
[collapse]

Skills:

Spoiler
  • Jack of All trades: Tyler does not know everything, or even most of it, but he does know all the basics of skills, and with some time, he can derive the rest from there.
  • Reverse Engineer: Tyler is exceptionally good at understanding and reengineering an already existing device or phenomenon.
  • Expert Martial Artist: Tyler's abilities allow him to remember everything he sees, which correlates to a vast amount of combat knowledge. And though he constantly tries to do shadow-fighting, his experience and muscle memory are constantly lacking. If he ever wants to get a momentary edge on Daredevil without his powers, then he has to rely on his creativity, which usually results in a chaotic and sporadic form of Drunken fist. He still always loses.
  • Master Mathematician, Chemist, and Physicist: If a miracle needs doing, he will spend his time telling you it can't be done until he makes a solution that practically does the same thing.
  • Master Psychologist: Probably his favorite skill, Tyler has an extensive library of theoretical and practical knowledge on people and the nature of logic. His methods tend to be quite abrasive and direct, though.
[collapse]

More Weaknesses

Spoiler
  • Everything and everyone is conspiring against him, including himself.
  • Kindness: As long as it doesn't hurt anyone innocent except himself, you can convince him to do anything.
[collapse]
25