Chapter 77 – Clashing Truth
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ocelia looked up at the Fleeting Emotions Ruin, watching the faint, semi-transparent membrane cracked and disintegrated. Although she did not know what caused such change to take place, she knew that trouble was coming.

Beside her, Forus frowned as he kept his hand warped around his wife, falling into deep thoughts as he hugged her. Ocelia did not attempt to break free but silently closed her eyes, enjoying the moment together.

"So, what happens?" The subtle footsteps resounded as Abicel approached the lovely couple. She too sensed the strange tremble and quickly came back to group up.

Although the Steel Cauldron would protect the talents, she was only one of the many geniuses within a mediocre country. In the upcoming chaos, she would have a better chance at survival if she stuck with the Coruscare Family, especially Ocelia.

Ocelia pushed Forus away as she looked outwards. She softly coughed as she gripped her chest. Faint drum-like beats resonated with her heart, causing pain to radiate throughout her body. Although Forus could not see her expression, he knew that she was in discomfort.

"Something caused the Fleeting Emotions Ruin to collapse. Let's stick together. I reckon that the storm is coming." Ocelia did not wish to speak about her condition and answered Abicel's question.

"Then, I'll go prepare. The summon from father would be here soon." As the commotion manifested, the Family Head of the sorcerer families would summon their descendants and elders to hold a meeting.

After quick parting words, everyone met back to their room and prepared their equipment, leaving Ocelia alone in the yard. Forus knew that she needed some time alone and did not disturb her.

Soft sunlight tapped onto her skin, reflecting in crimson glow due to the blood that dripped from her mouth. Her pinkish lips turned paler than before as she wiped the bloodstain from her face. In silence, she gazed towards the glowing sphere of heat and wondered in a daze.

Little by little, a hint of unease crawled out from the depth of her soul, and she could not pinpoint its origin.

...

"Siprytas, so it was you." Looking at the man in front of him, the Elder struggled to stand tall and fell onto his kneel. Blood seeped out from the large hole in his stomach. Although the Ice Element was mending the gap between his body, he was slowly withering away at a visible rate.

Behind Siprytas were many cloaked figures, standing motionless and silent, waiting for his command to strike and eliminate the upper-echelon of the Icy Scorpion Sect.

"Uncle, it was you who taught me to sacrifice the minority for the majority, and I'm offering our freedom for a chance of survival." With a calm smile on his face, he explained his logic to his blood-related uncle. Everything he did was for the continuance of the Icy Scorpion Sect.

"Although you could not see the truth, you're the one who opened the gate of sorcery for me. As an act of returning the kindness, I'll give you one last chance." In his hand, a necklace with the symbol of the Fiery Tarantula Sect revealed itself. Siprytas extended his hand, waiting for his uncle to make his decision.

"Recommending you to the Sect Head is my biggest regret. We, the Icy Scorpion Sect, would rather die than live as a slave." Without any hesitation, the Elder refused the last chance. His gaze fixed onto Siprytas, revealing profound emotions and unrestrained pity.

"Uncle, your arrogance has blinded your wisdom, and you've made a mistake. Now, it's up to me to fix it. So, please rest well... and farewell." With a flick of his finger, steaks of blue light flashed and shot towards the Elder, stabbing into his heart and collapsed his realm of consciousness.

"Lives without free wills... are nothing more than death... Siprytas, you'll never... understand." Knowing that death was inevitable, the Elder did not curse nor wail in vain. Instead, he calmly stated his dying statement and closed his eyes, drifting off into eternal rest.

"You don't understand, uncle. It is I who will save our Sect." Although their ideology clashed, Siprytas did not condemn his uncle, and instead, he lowered his head to show respect before walking away.

The warriors of the Fiery Tarantula Sect glared at the remaining Elders, whose power were weaker than the uncle of Siprytas. They knew that their strength could not change the situation and decided to remain still.

"I saw it, our future, and there is no hope." Siprytas muttered under his breath. He shook his head and walked outside, gesturing his hand at the warriors of the Fiery Tarantula.

Because of the sound-proof formation of the meeting hall, only the inaudible screams faintly lingered outside the building.

...

"Lord Envoy, the legion is ready. We've surrounded the Ruin and sent our exploration teams in. May his majesty watched over us." The reporter bowed as he explained the development. In only a moment, he finished giving a comprehensive report and made his way out of the room, leaving the Envoy with other commanders.

Although he was listening, the Envoy's gaze fixed onto the withered mountain. After the concealment and protection array collapsed, the aged appearance of the Ruin revealed itself, shining in its former glory.

"With the Decree of his majesty, everything should be under control. Go, and don't disappoint the Emperor." With a gesture of his hand, the Envoy sent the commanders out to prepare. If nothing unexpected happened, the army would soon flood into the Ruin.

A faint ripple echoed inside his room, attracting his attention. As he turned his head towards his desk, he saw a tiny whirlwind manifested in front of him. It was a unique way of transferring letter of the alchemy associations.

The vortex of Elements slowly sent out a letter before dissipating into nothingness. The symbol on the envelope showed the identity of the sender, the Steel Cauldron, one of the leading organizations within the Mountain Union.

Without any hesitation, the Envoy opened the envelope and read its content. With the Emperor's Decree, he knew that no one would want to offend the Mountain Emperor if they wanted to have a peaceful time in the Mountain Union.

Frowns began to appear as he read through its content, revealing unease beneath his calm expression. The atmosphere turned heavy the more he read, dropping in temperature and generating winds from the unstable flow of Elements.

Suddenly, a series of knocking echoed forth, interrupting his silent contemplation.

As soon as he realised that someone was coming, he quickly stabilized his emotions and controlled his aura, regressing to his usual, calm appearance.

"Lord Envoy, the Family Head of the Ninguis Family wished to discuss something with you." The guard gently pushed the door open and reported the situation. He did not notice any disturbance from the previous moment at all.

"Tell him to wait in the meeting hall. I'll be there in a moment." Despite feeling unsettled, the Envoy did not show anything on his face. With something unforeseen came up, he needed to quickly settle everything and adjusted his plan as soon as possible.

...

"This is where we part our way, I suppose." Mabilis closed his golden eyes as he spoke, showing unwavering determination. Although he and Iracia had braved through life and death together, their path was ultimately not the same.

As a sorcerer, the two could not each other, and did not have the luxury to form an emotional relationship. In the end, they developed a beneficial alliance where it would be better to stick together.

Now that the two went back to the Sorcerer World, where there was no life-threatening danger, the temporary alliance lost its meaning. It would be better for them to dissolve it rather than waiting for their relationship to sore.

"It's been a while since we left for the Fleeting Emotions Ruin... We were just puny sorcerer apprentices when we first entered. Rewards indeed come with risks." Iracia smiled as she reminisced their past struggle. In the realm of the deadly jungle, they gained and lost so much.

"Until next time, Miss Iracia. Don't be afraid to ask when you needed help." Golden light flashed in his third eye as Mabilis said his parting words. The two exchanged their communication rune and departed from their resting inn.

"You too, Mabilis. As long as it's not impossible, I can use my connection in the Steel Cauldron to help." More friends were always better than more enemies, and the two knew this. They did not expect the other to help, but it would not hurt them to have some backups in place.

Mabilis strolled past the inn and continued towards his family's resting manor. As Sagunien Family was also one of the sorcerer families that took part in the outpost of the Fleeting Emotions Ruin, it would not be strange that they had a manor inside the said outpost.

As for Iracia, the Steel Cauldron had a place for her. With her father as one of the Elder of the Steel Cauldron, she would never need to worry about these trivial matters.

Arriving in front of the Sagunien Manor, Mabilis smiled as the sense of familiarity flooded him. He could hear the footsteps of the servants, who were rushing inside the Manor to prepare for his return.

However, before everything quieted down, the gate of the Manor abruptly opened, revealing an aged figure, cloaked in grey, worn-out robe. Although his appearance was unassuming, the air around him was dignified and mysterious.

The servants and the members of the Sagunien Family were standing behind the man, lowering their head and waiting for his signal and movement.

"Greeting, Grand Elder. It's an honour to meet you." Although he was shocked, Mabilis kept his expression straight and bowed to pay respect. He knew that the Grand Elder would not make any pointless action.

Aside from nodding, the Grand Elder did not say anything and strolled towards him. He looked into Mabilis' pupils, staring deep into his soul. As golden light flashed in their eyes, the two remained motionless for a while before the Grand Elder snapped out of it.

"The power to peer into the River of Time. You're so young, yet you've achieved this level of perception." Having a vague idea of Mabilis' power, the Grand Elder sighed with profound emotions. Although he felt proud for Mabilis, he also felt a little envious of his fortuitous encounter and talents.

"It's been so long, but finally, we have the chosen one. Mabilis, right? From now on, you'll be the successor of the Family Head. Continue to practice your Divine Eyes. Do not disappoint me." With a wide smile on his face, the Grand Elder patted Mabilis on his shoulder and issued his command.

"The chosen one, what does that mean?" Mabilis became confused and muttered to himself. At that moment, his memory replayed itself in his mind, revealing every bit of information that he missed.

"Don't overthink it. When the Main Branch comes, I'll personally beseech them to revoke our banishment and let you join them." Knowing what Mabilis was thinking, the Grand Elder offered a little explanation before leaving.

"The Main Branch, huh?" Mabilis smiled as his intuition subtly hinted at him about something. He instinctively knew that something big was about to happen.

Although the uproar from the Grand Elder's parting words was huge, it could not reach Mabilis and shake his wills at all.

...

In a sealed room, the bloody scent permeated everything. The crimson light glowed in the darkness around the wall, highlighting the centre of the room where a female demoness was standing.

"Who are you?" Iracia spoke in her icy voice, banishing her Heart Blade as she did so. Although she did not see anyone, she could feel the sickening yet familiar aura in the shadow of the room.

"Don't worry, Iracia. I mean no harm to you." A figure moved out of the shadow, revealing his appearance to Iracia, causing her expression to frown.

In the darkroom, two demon-like individuals remained motionless, gazing at each other for a long while.

1