[28] The Blackhole
424 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I want to help them. It's still better than letting someone like this walking around."

I looked at the man's back.

“Well, I'll take the skeletons down, and you will take this man. His magic is already corrupted, so he won't be able to use spells against you."

"All right."

Crete stormed immediately forward, and I ran after her. When she passed the man, he realized what was going on, he wanted to say something, but before he could say anything, my fireball hit him in the back.

"Wah!"

The man's clothes began to burn, and he started to panic. I wanted to attack again, but one of the skeletons came between us. The skeleton looked very similar to a Velociraptor.

It rushed at me. At first, I made sure that Viczien was sitting firmly on my back before I pushed myself off the ground and flew higher into the air with my wings. The skeleton ran under us, passed us, and I took the opportunity to fire another fireball at the man.

The skeleton turned around and was trying to grab me by jumping after us. But I was already too far in the air that it couldn't reach us. I had enough time to attack the man for the third time.

This time, instead of a simple fireball, I formed the flames into the shape of an arrow. I threw the arrow at the man. It flew almost three times faster than the usual fireball.

The man who already had problems dodging the fireballs had no chance against my fire arrow. The arrow pierced the belly lightly to my left.

"Ah!"

The man screamed, the hood flew down, and I could see the man's face for the first time. His entire face was covered with unfamiliar symbols, perhaps also runes.

“Shit, Eris! Run!"

Crete's voice could be heard immediately, then she piled up massive roots that I've never seen before, right between the man and the carriage. At the same time, I tried to fly further up.

The runes on the man's body began to glow yellow, then red. The man himself began to plead, but I couldn't understand exactly what he was saying.

Disgusting!

The man's body exploded. The individual pieces of the body flew through the air, the blood formed a pool of blood.

The roots sank back into the ground, and Crete and the guards came back into view. The skeletons, on the other hand, had disappeared, including the skeleton of the Velociraptor.

"Eris, here!"

Crete waved me over to her.

I flew slowly down and landed in front of her.

The guard in the different-looking armor approached Crete and me. The man pulled off his helmet and bowed to us. The man was an elf with short dark blue hair and turquoise eyes.

“Weakam buml foas aosa Gekfa, Vukbhaert.”

Crete looked at the man, then at the carriage and back again.

Egs raet vaet wim zoguora amtfasmt, Fsaomb.”

The man nodded at what Crete said. She turned to me.

“Moon worshipers. Actually, they live further west."

"Are they friendly towards us?"

Crete nodded and turned back to the man.

"Twancks."

The elf also thanked me in a language I understood, even if it was broken.

*Bam*

The carriage door slammed open, and a man emerged. The man was an elder. His hair was gray with a slight blue tinge. The guard immediately turned around and spoke to the carriage.

"Nurtas."

The guard had a reverential tone.

At first, I thought the guard was talking to the elderly man, but a second person emerged from behind him. The second person was also an elf, but this one looked young, maybe sixteen years old in appearance. He had light blue hair and brown-orange eyes.

"A dryad?"

He came near.

"Dryad?"

Crete repeated what he said.

“I'm sorry, Hesperide. I want to show my appreciation. Can I grant you a wish?"

Crete looked at him blankly. Then she raised an eyebrow and started laughing.

"What?"

The boy grimaced in shock.

"Nothing, nothing."

Crete suppressed her laugh to answer him.

"We're on our way to the Blackhole."

Crete said our destination, and the elf's grimace got wilder.

"Then I will not be able to help you this time."

"I know. May the moon bless you."

Crete was about to turn away when the elf stopped her.

“Please wait, can you tell me your name? I am Thane Wisper."

"Crete Ogdoo."

Thane nodded, satisfied.

“We will definitely see you again, Crete Ogdoo. May the moon guide you. "

"May the moon bless you."

Crete said goodbye and turned away.

"Come, Eris."

I nodded and followed her. The elves were still standing behind us, waiting for us to disappear.

We walked a little before Crete stopped and turned to me.

"Damn it."

She bit her tongue.

"What's going on?"

I cocked my head in confusion.

“This man was a drone. It was controlled by someone else. The mastermind is still out there. What worries me even more, is that I didn't even notice it until the moment the hood fell off his face. The caster must be powerful... ”

I heard her whisper something that sounded like, "Ishina, you bitch." But I couldn't be sure.

"And now?"

"Let's see Ishina and the Dryads near the Blackhole."

"Blackhole... what is that? You mentioned it before..."

I literally connected the blackhole to the black hole.

“A market in which races are traded independently, whether demon or human. Besides, everything is traded there from slaves to intoxicants or dark magic."

A marketplace for illegal trades...

"That means the dirt of society?"

"The dirt of society, what a fitting description."

She nodded.

 

===

 

Two days went by in a flash, and we didn't meet any other skeletons, but Crete was on guard the whole time.

A slight slope was in front of us, and a city could be seen between the trees in the center of the vale.

"Do we have to go down there?"

"No, we don't have to go into the Blackhole yet. Ishina lives outside of it."

She pointed to the left of the town to the other side of the top of the slope.

"There is our destination."

 

The clan symbol of the moon whisperer

The clan symbol of the moon whisperers

15