Chapter 27: Altercation
635 8 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ning Wei silently digested the revelation that Song Hai had been under Yan Yixuan’s and the empress’s control this entire time.

By now an hour had already passed since they arrived at Jingmeng. As Yan Yixuan had instructed the proprietor before, an attendant was sent to their booth. After taking their orders, the attendant assured them that their food would be there shortly and left.

When they were alone again, Ning Wei leaned back into his chair and crossed his arms before commenting, “Ah-Xuan, I knew you were a sly man, but I never realized to what extent. And when you get together with the empress, you both come up with things that are really too…”

“Audacious?” Yan Yixuan offered with a smile. “Or overconfident?”

“…unbridled,” Ning Wei finished amusedly.

Yan Yixuan laughed, a free and open sound.

Ning Wei’s eyes shone as he watched his beloved. “How did you two even become friends in the first place?”

Yan Yixuan smiled and gave him the abridged version, “Our first meeting out of the court happened when we got together to discuss a certain issue we both wanted resolved. She seems to have become interested in me after that brief collusion and often called me to the palace to converse. Of course, she also tried every way she could to convince me to join her faction in earnest, aiming to obtain my loyalty and make use of my abilities. In the end, I was persuaded that joining her would be beneficial for me. It’s a decision I do not regret.”

Ning Wei raised a brow. “Just what did she say that was so convincing?”

Yan Yixuan recalled the empress’s words from back then that had been said with a knowing smile, “Xiao-Yan, if you join me, part of my people, resources, and support will be yours to employ for the protection of your beloved general. As long as you lend me your skills to use for the service of this empire, I will help you guard and care for Ning Wei. Isn’t it a lucrative offer? Especially for someone as lovestruck as you…

Chuckling at the memory, Yan Yixuan replied to Ning Wei, “She just offered to help me with certain important projects of mine. It was a beneficial deal at that time, so I agreed. In the end, we were too similar in some aspects to remain distant for long and ended up becoming friends against our wishes.”

Ning Wei laughed. “You sound begrudging. How did those important projects of yours turn out?”

Looking at the man he’d pined after for so many years now sitting in front him hale, hearty, and as his lover, Yan Yixuan smiled with insuppressible joy. “It turned out very successful.”

Realizing that he wouldn’t reveal anything more on this subject, Ning Wei let it go. It seemed his beloved had too many secrets, but he didn’t mind. Just like how Yan Yixuan had explained what was truly going on behind the scenes with Song Hai today, Ning Wei was confident that as time went on, his lover’s secrets would unravel for him one by one.

As the couple thus talked and mused, the food arrived. Yan Yixuan inspected it and certified it as fish-free. With twinkling eyes, the young man then proposed, “Ah-Wei, how about I feed you?”

Ning Wei felt the tips of his ears heat, but he nonetheless went over to sit beside Yan Yixuan for ease of being fed.

Yan Yixuan smiled and carefully picked some choice foods to place in his lover’s bowl. Then he began feeding Ning Wei while supporting his chin with a hand while pleasure and contentment shone quietly in his gaze.

Seeing his beloved derive such satisfaction from helping him eat, Ning Wei was both amused and gladdened. After a few minutes, Ning Wei stopped Yan Yixuan and said, “I’ve had enough. Shall we switch?”

Upon Yan Yixuan’s nod, Ning Wei filled his beloved’s bowl with the most nutritious food on the table, then picked up a piece of stewed vegetable to bring to the young man’s lips.

But Yan Yixuan leaned back and entreated, “Ah-Wei, I want you to feed me with your hands instead.”

Ning Wei agreed with an indulgent smile. “As you wish.” He picked up a small dry morsel and placed it into the young man’s open mouth.

Yan Yixuan quickly swallowed the small chunk of food without chewing, then trapped Ning Wei’s fingers between his lips. He even held the general’s wrist in place with a hand to prevent him from withdrawing. His tongue slid and slipped between the fingers, caressing them unhurriedly.

Feeling the wet heat, Ning Wei let out a shuddering breath.

Peering sideways at Ning Wei with half-lidded eyes, Yan Yixuan deliberately dragged his tongue over his beloved’s callused fingers in a long, sensual stroke. It was as if the young man was showing him just how he would like to use his tongue on a certain bigger appendage of his. The thought made Ning Wei’s desire erupt in a hot rush, the aforementioned appendage growing to a stiff bulge in his pants.

Yan Yixuan’s fingers tightened over Ning Wei’s wrist while his other hand wandered over to graze his lover’s leg. The young man’s fingers trailed up over the clothed thigh, his touches teasingly soft, until he reached a certain hard lump between his beloved’s legs. As Yan Yixuan rubbed his knuckles against it, Ning Wei struggled to control himself and captured his lover’s mischievous hand with his. He slowly pulled out the fingers of his other hand from Yan Yixuan’s mouth with a wet, sucking sound. A strand of saliva stretched between his fingertip and the young man’s slickened lips. Yan Yixuan used a swipe of his tongue to sever it, all the while looking at Ning Wei.

Yan Yixuan spoke with a small, tempting smile, “Ah-Wei, now that you’ve fed me both food and your fingers, is there anything else you want to put into my mouth?”

Faced with such blatant enticement, Ning Wei didn’t want to hold back anymore.

Yan Yixuan felt himself suddenly being pressed into the chair as Ning Wei bore forward. Ning Wei used one hand to capture both of Yan Yixuan’s wrists behind the chair’s backrest, making sure those unruly hands wouldn’t get up to mischief again. He leaned down to trap the young man against the chair and used his free hand to tilt up his lover’s chin.

Yan Yixuan’s eyes gleamed with excitement while his glistening lips were still curled up in an inviting smile. Ning Wei accepted that invitation and bent down. Their lips finally met.

Yan Yixuan quickly opened his mouth to lure in his beloved’s tongue and moaned softly. As Ning Wei sucked his lips and licked the inside of his mouth with fervor, Yan Yixuan indulged himself in his lover’s warm and moist tongue as well. Within a minute, the young man’s chest heaved and his blood heated to a boil.

Yan Yixuan tried to lean forward to press closer and devour more of Ning Wei, but the fingers holding his wrists behind him remained firm and unrelenting in their grip. Yan Yixuan growled in frustration and struggled. When Ning Wei let go, Yan Yixuan wrapped both his arms around his beloved and pressed against him tightly. His need grew feverish in its intensity.

Ning Wei’s hands found their way to Yan Yixuan’s back and explored it with firm strokes. Yan Yixuan groaned breathlessly and slid a hand between them to massage the growing bulge poking his belly through the layers of clothes. Ning Wei gasped and his hands clenched on Yan Yixuan’s waist. He wondered if it was about time for them to get down to business and have his lover make good on his promises…

A sudden and loud commotion sounded outside.

The couple immediately froze and separated, their chests heaving as they caught their breaths.

Quickly regaining his equilibrium, Yan Yixuan raised an eyebrow and noted amusedly, “The assassin after Song Hai must be making his move.”

It took a moment for the meaning to filter through the thick haze of arousal. Ning Wei sighed regretfully and let go of his lover so he could get himself under control again.

Yan Yixuan went on, “The noise is a favorable indicator. It means the assassin was unable to continue his task stealthily and was exposed. The commotion might mean that he has engaged Song Hai’s guards and may try to escape if an opportunity presents itself.” The young man paused, then turned to Ning Wei, “Ah-Wei…would you mind helping them out?”

Ning Wei looked at him surprised. It was so rare for Yan Yixuan to ask his help.

Thinking that he was reluctant, Yan Yixuan added, “I’m confident in your competence when it comes to fighting, so I would feel much more reassured if you helped them. So…will you?”

Ning Wei rubbed Yan Yixuan’s head affectionately. “Since it’s you who’s asking, I would be glad to.”

Yan Yixuan smiled at him with relief.

“And I might as well use my skills or they might get rusty,” the general joked as he rested one hand on his sword hilt and headed towards the door. Ning Wei’s expression slowly grew tight as he thought of how they were interrupted. He was determined to make that assassin pay for ruining their fun!

Just as Ning Wei opened the door, he saw someone running in his direction. It was the restaurant attendant he’d identified as the possible assassin earlier. After being spotted, the assassin was now presumably trying to flee out the window situated at the end of the corridor and right beside the couple’s booth. A cacophony of voices chased after the assassin, shouting at each other to not let him get away.

Ning Wei narrowed his eyes and waited.

When the fleeing assassin reached him, Ning Wei stretched out a hand to grab him by the collar, then spun to dissipate the momentum and threw the assassin back in the direction he came from. The assassin crashed to the ground. Song Hai’s guards quickly surrounded the fallen man just as the he sprang up and tried to escape again.

Ning Wei calmly closed the door to their booth so Yan Yixuan wouldn’t be disturbed, then started striding towards the struggling assassin with a frighteningly sharp look. “Where do you think you’re going after causing such a ruckus?”

Feeling his blood freeze after realizing he’d had the misfortune to run into the general, the assassin stilled with alarm.

Within the Bellflower Parlor, Yan Yixuan leisurely ate the food he hadn’t yet gotten to taste. He heard multiple voices rise in aggression outside in the corridor alongside someone’s frantic pleas. He heard rapid thuds of boots unexpectedly approaching and a sudden shout before metal clashed against metal. The young man absently wondered if the assassin’s comrades had arrived to either save him or silence him.

The violent clanging of metal rang loudly in quick succession for a few moments, then there was an abrupt clatter indicating that one of the blades had been forcibly flung away. It was soon followed by a hard thud and a deep, guttural groan as if someone had been slugged in the gut.

Knowing how powerful the muscles in his beloved’s arms were, Yan Yixuan tutted in shallow sympathy as he finished padding his stomach with the food. He then carefreely decided to sample some tea since the mild and mellow fragrance interested him.

Meanwhile, bangs and thumps sounded outside as people were hit, kicked, and thrown around like so many sacks of potatoes. The guards’ sounds of alarm from before had long turned into stunned silence while other male voices keep grunting and groaning in pain. Strangely, Ning Wei’s voice wasn’t heard, showing he’d never once raised it. Yan Yixuan managed to feel proud of his beloved even for that.

A few minutes later, the noise finally stopped.

Ning Wei soon opened the door to the booth, entered, and closed it behind him. His blade was unsheathed and bloodied while someone else’s blood smudged the unbroken skin of his knuckles. In contrast, the general’s face looked eerily relaxed as if he’d just spent time taking a restful nap rather than pummeling people into a pulp.

“How did it go?” Yan Yixuan put down his tea cup and asked.

Ning Wei took out a piece of cloth from within his sleeve and began meticulously wiping down his sword and hands. “There were a total of three men. One was the attendant I spotted before. The other two were hiding in the booths on either side of Song Hai’s. I took care of incapacitating the assassins and the guards tied up what remained of them.”

Yan Yixuan chuckled and cast his lover an indulgent look. At least he seemed to have had fun. “Thank you, Ah-Wei. You’ve made this task much easier for me.”

Throwing away the soiled cloth, Ning Wei slid his blade back into its sheath and smiled back. He walked up to the young man and brushed his cheek with his fingers before expressing warmly, “I’m just glad to be of help to you.”

Yan Yixuan closed his eyes and let himself be seduced by those sweet words. His eyelids slid open to half-mast and he smiled sultrily at Ning Wei. “Would the general like a reward for his services?”

Ning Wei’s pulse hadn’t yet settled after the fight, and his beloved’s words didn’t calm it any. His eyes darkened as he asked, “How does the lovely duke want to thank me?”

“With this,” Yan Yixuan declared before jerking Ning Wei down by his collar and crashing their mouths together again.

Yan Yixuan extended his tongue to lap at Ning Wei’s lips and the general happily opened his mouth to suck on it. Yan Yixuan exhaled heavily and was just about to suggest continuing from where they’d left off before when there was a sudden flurry of loud and impatient knocks on their door.

The couple parted and read the annoyance in each other’s eyes as they were interrupted yet again.

With his reddened lips still gleaming with telltale slickness, Yan Yixuan marched to the door and opened it without bothering to hide his displeasure.

On the other side stood Song Hai, his entourage from before dutifully standing behind him. The female agent who had visited Yan Yixuan before in this very booth had once again assumed her vapid expression, shooting worshipful glances at Song Hai. Ning Wei wryly noted that he couldn’t find a single fault in her, or any of the other agents’, acting.

“Official Song,” Yan Yixuan greeted him with a polite smile and glacial gaze. “To what do we owe the supreme pleasure of your uninvited company?”

Song Hai scowled at the sarcasm and shot back, “Could it be that I’ve interrupted something important, Duke Yan? Oh, but that can’t be. Seeing you here frolicking with your lover and recalling how you refuse to attend court like us hardworking officials, you must have plenty of free time.”

Yan Yixuan’s smile turned placid. “When an official has a certain degree of efficiency, they can complete all their tasks even without needing to visit the imperial court.”

Song Hai gritted his teeth and burst out, “Duke Yan, are you calling me incompetent because I go to court every day?! I will not stand for such disrespect!”

The young man widened his eyes in mock-surprise and asked, “Official Song, why ever would you infer that from my words? Could it be that my innocent remark hit a nerve? Then I must apologize. I really didn’t know you were so insecure about your efficiency.”

“Yan Yixuan!” Song Hai growled, but couldn’t find a retort.

Seemingly unable to watch Song Hai turned speechless, one of his companions filled in the silence, “As someone who stays all day in the comfort of your home citing some mysterious ailment as a reason, what right does Duke Yan have to speak like that about Official Song? Aren’t you just seeking to divert our attention from Official Song’s diligence and hard work with your tricky words?”

Song Hai felt a bit vindicated, though his discontentment was far from gone.

Yan Yixuan chuckled, unbothered. “I don’t know about that. But the fact that I turn in more work at the end of each month than the supposedly diligent Official Song might give me at least a few rights in judging his competence. However, I suppose I shouldn’t put Official Song in a difficult position since he seems unable to deal with my remarks.” Just as Song Hai was getting ready to puff up with anger again, the young man casually continued, “In fact, I have to admit that Official Song wasn’t completely wrong before. We were indeed doing something important before being interrupted.”

Glancing at the food lavishly laid out within the booth, Song Hai scoffed disbelievingly.

Continuing to smile, Yan Yixuan said, “But I suppose someone without a lover like Official Song won’t understand the importance of time spent together with one’s partner.” Yan Yixuan then lovingly gazed at Ning Wei and held his hand.

Though he had been staying out of the line of fire at the side to let his beloved have the stage, Ning Wei still curled his fingers around Yan Yixuan’s before returning his smile with a gaze full of adoration. Since it seemed that his little fox wanted to show off their relationship again, he would gladly indulge him. Lifting their intertwined hands to his mouth, Ning Wei placed a gentle kiss to the side of his lover’s wrist as if worshipping the most divine treasure.

Feeling the press of those warm lips, Yan Yixuan sucked in a breath as his gaze deepened. Licking his lips, he spoke to Ning Wei in an all too audible whisper, “I’m really looking forward to being alone with you again and continuing from where we were interrupted.”

Recalling where they had left off, Ning Wei grew intrigued. He cocked a brow and asked, “Oh, you’re looking forward to it that much?”

Yan Yixuan smiled sultrily and blinked. “Yes. I want to nibble, bite, and suck, then see how much I can stuff into my mouth. I’m especially looking forward to drinking a particular thick and salty liquid at the end.”

A flush crept up his neck and Ning Wei almost groaned at such provocative words slipping past Yan Yixuan’s lips so easily regardless of company. Well, there was certainly another thing he’d like to see slip past his lover’s warm, soft, and moist lips when they were alone again…

Their shameless and open flirting made Song Hai’s companions blush, turn away with uncomfortable looks, or cough discreetly with embarrassment.

Song Hai glowered at the couple and yelled, “Preposterous! Don’t you both know to show some decorum while out in public?! And Yan Yixuan! How can a court official like you speak in such an indecent way in front of others?!”

Yan Yixuan turned to him and tutted disapprovingly. “Official Song, what are you so angry about this time? I was only expressing my anticipation towards eating the rest of the dishes here. Have you never nibbled and bitten into dumplings? Have you never eaten noodles by sucking them into your mouth? Or have you never drunk thick and salty mushroom soup before? Did you never feel that a meal was delicious enough that you wished to practically stuff your mouth full of it? If you’ve never experienced any of this, I can only pity you. But Official Song, that still doesn’t explain why you’re looking at me like I said something scandalous instead of simply expressing my enthusiasm for scrumptious delicacies.”

Who the hell would believe that?!—Song Hai’s companions yelled in their hearts as one.

Song Hai just gaped at Yan Yixuan, not knowing where to even start.

At the side, Ning Wei covered his mouth so he wouldn’t burst out laughing.

As if not perceiving any of it, Yan Yixuan righteously went on, “Official Song, could it be that you’re jealous of our love? Is that why you’re targeting us? But you needn’t be.” The young man continued pitilessly, “You aren’t getting any younger as it is, so you should probably start looking for a partner soon and indulge in some romance. It might do wonders for your temper. Speaking of romance, why does the eminent Official Song not have a lover yet?”

Song Hai pressed his lips together, trying to hide his reaction. It wasn’t that he hadn’t tried, but every girl his family attempted to set him up with ended up cancelling their arrangement, saying he was too tempestuous and stubborn. Now that this sore spot was being poked so accurately, Song Hai felt the sting deep in his heart.

Yan Yixuan smilingly went on, “If you wish, I can help you find someone. Ah, but considering the grand and unapproachable bearing of the distinguished Official Song, anyone I introduce might feel unworthy of your magnificence.”

Not knowing how to vent the sheer hatred this man stirred up in him every time, Song Hai shouted furiously, “Duke Yan, are you saying I act pompously?! You should take care to not go too far with your insults!”

Yan Yixuan tilted his head, pretending to be puzzled at his outburst. “There you go putting words into my mouth again. I only praised you, so why do you think it was an attack aimed at you? Could it be that it’s because that’s what Official Song thinks about yourself?”

Song Hai’s expression twisted and he emitted a strangled sound of pure frustration. But choked with outrage as he was, he didn’t know what to say in return.

One of his people shot Yan Yixuan a scathing look and interjected in a timely manner, “Duke Yan, you can talk all you want now. But you might not remain so smug by the time Official Song is done discussing what he’s here for.”

Song Hai’s complexion regained some color now that the conversation was directed into an area he was more confident in. After all, he might have finally found one of Yan Yixuan’s slip-ups!

Straightening to his full height, Song Hai composed himself and leveled Yan Yixuan with a disdainful stare. “Duke Yan, let’s move onto conversing about more important matters. I know that you are the one who sent assassins after me today! I will have the imperial court conduct an inquiry and expose your misdeeds against me this time!”

Ning Wei almost slipped and fell off his chair. Did this man even know how ridiculous it sounded?! This Official Song would probably die of sheer disbelief if he ever learned that the truth was the exact opposite to his suspicions.

Yan Yixuan barked out a sardonic laugh. “Official Song, I do not know why you think of me as the culprit, but if this is what you wanted to talk about, then could you please stow this nonsense and let me get back to sampling my lover?”

Ning Wei forced down a blush while Song Hai had to struggle to contain another outburst. After being thoroughly humiliated by the duke’s retorts before, Song Hai decided it might be easier to take the young man down a notch if he targeted his lover, the general, instead.

And so, he turned to Ning Wei and spoke, “General Ning, pardon me for these less than agreeable circumstances at present and my lack of greeting. I’ve heard great things about you, which is why the way you’ve thrown your lot in with him doesn’t sit well with me. I didn’t expect the Great General to be such a character who puts profits over his own honor. Not only that, but your presence here also seems to have made Duke Yan act much more…flagrantly that ever before. It is obvious that you are not a good influence on the duke, and gaining him as a backer has also put you under his control now. You cannot honestly want this to continue any longer!”

Unlike Yan Yixuan who would have immediately countered him, Ning Wei only knitted his fingers together over his stomach and settled back with an expression that was more amused than insulted.

Not getting the reaction he expected, Song Hai grew angry enough to sneer and spit out venomously, “Tell me, General, are you having fun taking advantage of his household’s power while having to lower yourself to play the role of this brat’s plaything as payment? Are you enjoying letting him have power over you while you obediently wait with bated breath for his every command? Do you cook and clean for your illustrious husband every day like a good little wife?”

Yan Yixuan’s fists clenched as boiling anger shot through him at his beloved being disrespected so.

But Ning Wei placed a calming hand on his lover’s arm and replied with eyes sparkling with humor, “Why, Official Song, are you implying that my illustrious husband’s household isn’t capable of hiring servants to cook and clean and that the legitimate wife has to oversee these things? I’m offended! My husband pampers me quite a lot, and the only duties I have are to warm his bed and act spoiled. You should know that I’m too delicate of a beauty to be of use in any other way.” All this was said in his low, rumbling voice tinted with hilarity while Ning Wei stroked his sheathed sword that had just bathed in the blood of Song Hai’s would-be-assassins, and it only reinforced the irony between reality and his words.

Yan Yixuan hid a laugh behind his hand. He couldn’t help but feel a flush of pleasure at being referred to as husband by his beloved.

Faced with Ning Wei’s blatant mockery, Song Hai’s face grew as red as a ripe tomato and looked just as ready to burst.

One of Song Hai’s companions chided heatedly, “General Ning! Are you ridiculing Official Song?! You should know better than to act so insolently in front of your betters!”

Ning Wei scoffed outright. As if he’d acknowledge this monkey as his better!

Song Hai gave him a fierce look and acted like he hadn’t heard his words to keep some measure of face. He instead turned to Yan Yixuan haughtily and bought the topic back on track, “Duke Yan, if you admit that you bungled it up this time by not accounting for my sharp eye in hiring such talented guards, then I might consider going easier on you.”

Ning Wei had to force down his laughter at the sheer absurdity of it while Yan Yixuan showed a subtle smile and said, “Official Song, you should stop flinging accusations around when you have no way to prove them. Hypothetically, if I had to undertake an assassination, I would definitely make sure not to be present during it to avoid suspicions, don’t you think so?”

Song Hai confidently declared, “I know that your presence here must be a bluff to make us think exactly that! Why else would you specifically come to my booth of all places ‘by mistake’ before? It was as if you were confirming my location and also showing your face to me so that I wouldn’t suspect you later! Hiding it would actually arouse more suspicion. In this way, you could not only keep an eye on the situation from up close, but also set up this bluff and later claim that you’d never be stupid enough to be at the place of crime! Yan Yixuan, I see right through you!”

Faced with this deduction that sounded halfway logical while simultaneously being the exact opposite of what happened, Yan Yixuan couldn’t help but feel impressed at Song Hai’s commitment to accusing him by all means possible.

Meanwhile, an unimpressed Ning Wei countered, “Official Song, isn’t that too farfetched? If Ah-Xuan wanted you killed, why would he have me come to your rescue?”

Song Hai huffed proudly and reasoned, “It was obviously because the commotion alerted the duke that the assassin was discovered. Realizing that the attempt was a failure, he tried to make himself look benevolent and sent you to capture the assassins. Once again, it was a plot to make me discount him as the true villain behind the scenes. But he underestimated my abilities!”

Yan Yixuan had indeed underestimated Song Hai’s abilities… in being able to come up with so much bullshit, that is. Chuckling, he spoke, “You seem to have it all figured out, don’t you? But Official Song, can you prove any of it?”

To Song Hai’s biased ears, it sounded as if Yan Yixuan was smugly saying, So what if you figured out I’m the culprit? You can’t prove it, can you?

Glaring at him, Song Hai said arrogantly, “Duke Yan, it’s only a matter of time till the court digs up evidence of your wrongdoings. I will give you one last chance. Do you admit that you’re the one who tried to kill me?”

Yan Yixuan spread his hands helplessly and said, “Admit what? There’s nothing I have to admit in this matter. I merely came here because a friend of mine recommended Jingmeng’s dishes.”

Song Hai growled with frustration.

One of the people accompanying him threw a scornful look at the couple and chimed in, “Official Song, you should stop wasting your time on an unruly brat who just came of age. As a son born out of wedlock, would he even have inherited his household if not for his accursed and inauspicious presence in his family causing the rest of his household to be wiped out? How can someone like that even deserve to speak as an equal to you, the legitimate heir of your household?”

Song Hai felt immensely pleased at the extent these words would hurt Yan Yixuan. But since it reminded Yan Yixuan of his most hated brother's and father’s death, it put him in a good mood instead.

Still steeped in his delusion, Song Hai nodded to the companion who had spoken. “Yes, you’re absolutely right.” He turned to Yan Yixuan with a harrumph and warned, “Duke Yan, this is not over! I’ll see how long you’ll get away with your attempt at assassinating me!”

With an arrogant sniff, Song Hai and his entourage turned and walked away.

With his acute hearing, Ning Wei listened as the people surrounding Song Hai tried to ‘good-naturedly’ convince him to not accuse Yan Yixuan in court before finding proof. They advised him that if his actions caused the cunning Duke Yan to become fearful, he might start hiding all the evidence. And if Song Hai couldn’t find any proof, then wouldn’t it only make him look bad? It might even be what Yan Yixuan’s faction was aiming for!

Song Hai very trustingly nodded his head, saying that it made sense. He would do as they suggested.

Ning Wei chuckled. The people who were planted around that imbecile were indeed clever. As long as those agents managed to keep Song Hai’s trap shut, he wouldn’t give away his hackneyed suspicions on Yan Yixuan. That way, the ones who had originally plotted the assassination would grow more cautious and afraid. After all, now that Song Hai had escaped death and captured his assailants, the ones who wanted to kill him wouldn’t know whether or not Song Hai had figured out their identities. They would thus lay low while Song Hai’s reputation grew more stable.

Shaking his head, Ning Wei commented, “The people around that Official Song play their roles very well. If you hadn’t revealed to me that they were your people, I would never have guessed.”

Yan Yixuan smiled cheerfully. “Yes, they’re good, aren’t they? It took us quite a while to gather them all. It took me even longer to convince them to badmouth me in front of Song Hai like they mean it to maintain authenticity.”

Walking up to the door that hadn’t yet been closed, Yan Yixuan leaned against the frame and smiled mirthfully at Song Hai’s retreating back. The young man languidly commented, “There goes a fool who is confident that he the master of his own life, not realizing that he dances oh-so-obediently in the palm of someone else’s hand. Isn’t his arrogance entertaining?”

Ning Wei shook his head with amusement. “You do realize that he will oppose you more the next time in court?”

Yan Yixuan laughed softly. “Yes, and he needs to. That’s the important job I have assigned him after all. That’s the reason I’m going through so much trouble to keep him alive and in power. As long he is my biggest and loudest opponent, no one more competent will be able to assume the power and high position he holds in his faction’s hierarchy.”

Ning Wei gazed at his lover helplessly and commended, “In front of your craftiness, that Official Song is obviously no match.”

The young man’s mouth curved into a pleased arc at receiving his beloved’s praise. “How you flatter me, Ah-Wei.” Squinting at the general, he told, “You can take this as another of your lessons about political matters. Learn from it well.”

Ning Wei replied with humor, “Seeing my Tutor Xuan being so diligent about teaching me, I can’t help but want to reward him.” He gave Yan Yixuan a suggestive smile and said playfully, “Now, how do you think I should go about it?”

“Oh, I think I have some ideas,” Yan Yixuan answered with an anticipatory smirk. Closing the door, the young man sat back down at the table and gestured to the food. “But first, let’s finish our meal before it grows any colder. I don’t like wasting food. Once that’s done, we can continue where we left off before, and you can pay me for the tutoring by giving me something particular of yours to eat.”

Ning Wei laughed, his eyes shining as he agreed.

The meal was charged with a strange tension as the couple kept sending knowing glances at each other. Yan Yixuan in particular took great relish in seeing his beloved flush each time he licked or sucked at something with deliberate movements. When he curled his tongue around the end of a chopstick after the meal then met Ning Wei’s eyes suggestively, he swore he could almost hear his lover’s heart pounding harder.

Finally satisfied with all the teasing, Yan Yixuan swished some tea in his mouth to clear it, then slowly got up to head towards Ning Wei.

Ning Wei watched him nearing with hooded eyes. He was already half-aroused after his appetite was stoked throughout the meal by this naughty little fox. And yet, he tried to forcefully rein in his burning need as Yan Yixuan gracefully swept his robes under his legs and knelt in front of him.

When the young man reached towards his belt, Ning Wei gripped his wrist and cautioned, “Ah-Xuan, on second thought, we should stop before we go too far and become unable to hide what we did.”

Yan Yixuan smiled at him without apprehension. “It’s alright. I’ll make sure to not spill even a drop so there won’t be any evidence left behind.”

Ning Wei flushed even as his desire flared hotter. He released Yan Yixuan’s wrist and let the eager young man undo his belt. Yan Yixuan went on to untie his pants and pulled out the semi-hard length within.

The young man gazed at it curiously, tilting his head this way and that to study it. His unhidden appreciation made the blush spread further over Ning Wei’s face even as his member grew stiffer. The reaction made Yan Yixuan’s eyes gleam brighter. He wound an arm around Ning Wei’s waist, then placed the other hand on his lover’s thigh, before slowly leaning forward.

Ning Wei stiffened as warm breath covered his sensitive organ.

Yan Yixuan tentatively poked out his tongue to taste the blunt head first. Not finding anything unpleasant, he boldly cradled the tip with his tongue, lapping and swirling over it, while his lips slowly enclosed the head.

Ning Wei’s eyes turned glazed, the muscles in his limbs straining as he struggled to stay in place.

Yan Yixuan slowly swallowed the thick member, observing its texture and the way its weight filled his mouth with interest. But when the tip touched the back of his throat, Yan Yixuan felt his stomach suddenly lurch as the food he’d just eaten tried to shoot up.

Yan Yixuan let go of Ning Wei and jerked back while pressing his hand over his mouth. Reflexive tears gathered at the corners of his eyes as acid burned his throat.

Surprised, Ning Wei leaned forward to take his lover’s face in his hands while asking worriedly, “Ah-Xuan, what happened?” His thumbs gently wiped away the welling tears.

Yan Yixuan swallowed, but didn’t feel the same sensation of nausea again. Relieved, he smiled at Ning Wei. “It’s nothing, I just seem to have a strong gag reflex. I’m sorry, I don’t think I can swallow you completely.”

Ning Wei frowned. “That’s alright. You don’t need to push it. Let’s leave it at this.”

But Yan Yixuan was unwilling to give up so easily. He poked the wet tip of his beloved’s stiff member and spoke to it, “So my Ah-Wei says. But don’t worry, Little Wei. I won’t abandon you so easily.”

Ning Wei let out a burst of laughter and shook his head amusedly. But his laughter soon turned into a drawn out gasp as Yan Yixuan’s smiling lips enveloped the head of his shaft. The young man made sure not to take it in too deep and lavished the head with long licks and hard sucks. Ning Wei groaned, his hand landing on Yan Yixuan’s shoulder and massaging it as if to vent his restlessness.

After a few moments, Ning Wei recalled the issue at hand and nudged his beloved away to gain some measure of clarity. “Ah-Xuan, you don’t have to force yourself…”

Yan Yixuan licked his lips and narrowed his eyes. “Tsk, tsk, is that why you interrupted my feast? Ah-Wei, I’m not forcing myself. I want to do this. And as long as I don’t let it touch my throat, I won’t have any problems.”

Ning Wei looked at him for a moment, then gave up with a wry smile. “If you’ve thought it through, then do as you wish.”

Yan Yixuan happily leaned forward to start playing with his lover’s member again.

The young man used his tongue and lips to lave, kiss, and suck all over the sturdy length while his hand moved lower to knead and roll the balls hanging underneath. Sometimes, he scraped his teeth over the shaft and delighted in Ning Wei’s surprised hiss and the way his thighs tautened in reaction. At other times, Yan Yixuan used his hands to sweep up and down in a quick rhythm while his mouth focused on tormenting the sensitive tip. His Ah-Wei’s growls and groans of pleasure were all the reward he needed. And the more he sampled his lover, the more Yan Yixuan found he enjoyed this. Accordingly, his ministrations grew in intensity while deep and sensual sounds slipped out of his throat.

Under the constant onslaught of the friction from his beloved’s hands, the softness of his lips, the slick flexibility of his tongue, the heat of his mouth, and the occasional scrape of his teeth, Ning Wei could barely hold on. His body grew tenser and tenser, his breathing deeper and heavier, until he finally bowed forward with a strangled shout.

Yan Yixuan closed his lips tightly around the slickened head and felt jets of hot and salty liquid shoot from it into his mouth. He kept his hand moving up and down over the shuddering shaft while he sucked and swallowed as fast as he could. Ning Wei wrapped his arms around his lover’s shoulders and felt a hand patting his hip comfortingly.

When the climax eventually eased, Ning Wei was completely wrung out, yet he felt light and loose-limbed. He leaned back into the chair to rest his body and let out a content sigh.

The softened member slipped free of Yan Yixuan’s mouth with a wet pop. The young man wiped his lips and climbed up into Ning Wei’s lap. “Are you alright?”

The general hugged him to his body and smiled. “Thank you. That felt wonderful. I’ll make sure to return the favor later.”

Yan Yixuan’s eyes curved with happiness. He snuggled into his beloved’s embrace and luxuriated in his warmth.

But since the chair wasn’t meant to hold so much weight, it soon began groaning in complaint. Yan Yixuan quickly got down from his beloved’s thighs and said almost gleefully, “I must be too heavy of an addition.”

Ning Wei hid his laughter and nodded. “Mn, you’ve definitely gained weight.”

Yan Yixuan could hardly contain his happiness at the affirmation. He sat on the chair beside Ning Wei’s, leaned on the general’s shoulder, and cheerfully cuddled with him for a while.

After enjoying the peaceful quiet for a few minutes, the couple separated to take care of the aftermath. Ning Wei wetted a cloth and wiped himself up, then fixed his clothes, while Yan Yixuan gargled with some tea to remove all revealing traces from his mouth. When they were both satisfied that everything looked as normal as could be, they left the booth hand-in-hand while small smiles adorned their lips.

The couple couldn’t help but look forward to returning home and continuing on with their blissful days together.

 

More Song Hai abuse~ (*` ᗢ ´*)

 

Mini Theater

Song Hai, sneering: General Ning, how dedicated you are! Do you chop meat and vegetables and cook rice in the kitchen like an obedient wife for your husband?

Ning Wei, smiling: We already have someone to cook for us. But putting aside the vegetables, I’ve personally chopped plenty of meat before, though it’s not the kind one would prefer to eat unless they were a cannibal.

Song Hai: ……

Song Hai, coughing: Th-Then…do you wash clothes and clean up messes in the house like a virtuous wife every day?

Ning Wei, stroking his sword: I’ve washed not just clothes, but also my armor and sword with plenty of blood before. And I’ve cleaned up a considerable number of enemies in many battlefields as well. Does that count?

Song Hai: ……

Song Hai, anxious: A-Anyway, I’m sure you watch over the house in your husband’s absence and sing lullabies to help him sleep like a caring little wife.

Ning Wei, smirking: I certainly watch over the house to make sure no agents from your faction sneak in. And though I can’t say I sing to him before bed, there are other sounds I make in my beloved’s company during intimate nighttime activities that he finds much more melodious and pleasurable.

Song Hai: ……!

Song Hai, red-faced: R-Ridiculous! Who wants to know all that!

Ning Wei, chuckling: Wasn’t it you who asked? Since you seem so curious, shall I unsheathe my sword now and show you in what other ways I perform my ‘wifely’ duties?

Song Hai, backing away with alarm: Th-There’s no need!

Song Hai hastens to run away fearfully.

Ning Wei, grinning: You were right. Messing with him really is fun.

Yan Yixuan, laughing and patting his arm: I knew you’d enjoy it.

 

Extra Scene

On one of the rare days Yan Yixuan is attending court, he is held back from leaving as Song Hai rages on and on at him about something trivial.

Massaging his throbbing temples, Yan Yixuan thus says offhandedly, “Yes, Official Song, all that’s very fascinating. You’re free to come to my residence and discuss it in depth at a later date, but for now, I’d like to stop this discussion here and head home so that I don’t worsen my health.”

But little did the young man guess that Song Hai would actually take his invitation.

Thus, a few days later, Song Hai imperiously throws open the doors to the Yan residence’s study while shouting, “Yan Yixuan! Today is the day I will win over you in―”

A furious whisper of “Hush!” interrupts him.

Song Hai finally realizes that Yan Yixuan is actually sleeping, his head on Ning Wei’s lap while his body is snuggled under a thick quilt. Ning Wei is in the midst of gently stroking his lover’s back while directing a glare at the noisy Song Hai.

Song Hai presses his lips together as his single heart is struck with this display of affection. He furiously glowers back at Ning Wei and whispers heatedly, “H-H-How impolite!” Then he closes the doors and flees.

A week later, Song Hai angrily bangs open the doors to the Yan residence’s sitting room and yells, “Yan Yixuan! I have a bone to pick with you regarding― What are you doing?!”

What meets his eyes is the scene of Yan Yixuan sitting sideways on Ning Wei’s lap while lovingly feeding him pastries. Seeing a smudge of the sweet filling smeared at the corner of Ning Wei’s lips, Yan Yixuan leans up to slowly lick it clean. Ears reddening, Ning Wei glances reproachfully at the gaping Song Hai, then affectionately chides his beloved in a hushed whisper. Yan Yixuan smiles at him adoringly, poking his nose and whispering back reassurances.

Yan Yixuan then turns to Song Hai and arches a brow. “I’m the one who should be asking what Official Song is doing here peeking so openly at us. Tsk, tsk, who would have known that you were such a shameless person in private.”

“Y-Y-You’re the one who’s shameless!” Song Hai blurts out, then rushes to close the door and beats a hasty retreat. All the while, he bemoans how even his rival has gotten a lover while he was still alone. It was unfair!

Having learned from his past mistakes, the next time, Song Hai slowly opens the door leading into the garden and looks around suspiciously. He searches for Yan Yixuan but doesn’t find him. Just as he’s about to leave, he spots someone within the heavy shadows behind a tree.

Song Hai slowly walks towards the shadows and clears his throat. “Um, excuse me… is Yan Yixuan here?”

He only then realizes that hidden within the shadows are Ning Wei and Yan Yixuan. The couple is kissing ardently behind the tree, not even seeming to notice that they now had an unwanted audience. Yan Yixuan’s fingers are deep in Ning Wei’s hair while Ning Wei’s arms are wound tightly around his lover. Wet sounds, soft moans, and sultry murmurs can clearly be heard in the silence. When Yan Yixuan finally leans back to catch his breath, he spots a speechless Song Hai standing at the side.

Yan Yixuan raises a brow. “Timing, Official Song.”

Song Hai wails in dismay, “How can you both act so brazen in broad daylight!” He turns tail and swiftly escapes to save his heart from further damage.

A few weeks later, Ruan Shu once again hurries in to report to Yan Yixuan, “It’s that Official Song again. He’s asking to meet you to discuss about something you said in court this time.”

Yan Yixuan turns to Ning Wei, “How fast do you think he’ll run this time if I flash my naked and hairy buttocks at him.”

Ning Wei coughs. “Let’s not try that. And actually…your buttocks are quite smooth and not very hairy at all.”

Yan Yixuan winds his arms around the general’s neck and leans closer with an alluring smile. “Oh? Why don’t you touch them again to confirm?”

And so, when Song Hai peeks in through the window just to make sure the coast is clear this time at least, he’s treated to the view of Ning Wei massaging Yan Yixuan’s ass while hoarsely whispering how good, warm, and elastic it feels. One of his hands may or may not have creeped into the young man’s clothes to do who knows what.

With his heart crying tears of blood, Song Hai explodes, “Why are you both always canoodling whenever I visit?!”

Yan Yixuan raises a brow. “Why do you always visit whenever we both are canoodling?”

Song Hai, “……” True. At this point, he was only abusing himself!

And so, Official Song very firmly decides to never set foot in the Yan residence ever again. And whenever Yan Yixuan raises a brow at him in court, the flustered official recalls those scenes that abused his heart and immediately flushes a suspicious red before losing the ability to look his opponent in the eye.

It is said that to this day, the confused courtiers are still debating just what cruel means Yan Yixuan had used on Song Hai to elicit such a reaction.

38