Chapter 8- Create, Explore, Expand (1)
734 2 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The red-skinned, tiefling leader clenched his fists tightly as his skin glowed and shouted at me, "How could you do that!? You are selfish, keeping all the rewards to yourself!"

Hearing his words, I stopped causing my black overcoat to undulate in the wind. Then I turned around revealing my clenched jaw, flared nostrils and scowl. I was furious! Yes, I was selfish, but how he could he act as if it was just me; he was about to do the same thing! Had things gone his way, he would have left me with nothing, without any scruples.

"You kicked me from the group, and now you complaining because I'm not sharing." My tone was rife with annoyance.

He fidgetted with his horns for a bit as he thought, "Kicking you from the group was an accident, I wanted to promote you to leader since you got the final attack. As a leader, you could choose your item first."

So he said but did he think I was a fool? As if I was going to believe that. The kick button and the promote button were on opposite sides of the screen. You had to be clumsy to make that mistake, he didn't strike me as a fool. Had his partner made this mistake, it would have been more believable. Then again, having the worst player on the team be the leader, wouldn't be believable either.

Then there's the simpler conclusion, why did he run...? I believed this guy's words just as much as I believed my friends when they said, they were going to give up drinking for 16 years, after the worst hangover ever. Or when my friend told me about his girlfriend's guy "best friend." Right, best friend, best friends that are so close they swapped bodily fluids.

Once I came to this conclusion, I calmed myself down. There was no point in arguing anymore, that would be a waste of my time. Also, I had just spoken about a character reform, it was time to practice it.

I turned around, activated <Lightning Step> and off I went.

I left not because I was afraid of conflict: conflict served me no purpose. Plus they were three and I was one with one arm, so there was that too.

Anyway while running, I noticed that the leader was following me. He didn't want to leave me alone with all the rewards. He was using a movement skill of his own. Since his element was fire, there was fire under his feet, propelling him forward at a significant speed.

However, the attacker couldn't keep up with my speed. Had he chased me an hour ago, he would have. Now my movement skill had just levelled up, and the set bonuses from my gear granted me extra agility. Thus slowly but surely, I pulled away from him, until I was out of sight.

Then when I was sure he was gone, I deactivated, <Lightning Step> and clicked on [Domain]. I wanted to go home, I had a ton of system points; I wanted to use them.

Inside [Domain], I clicked on [GPS] then an arrow appeared above my head, it told me that I was about 500 meters away. Then I ran home in a roundabout way, making sure that there was nobody in the vicinity. When I eventually got there, I got a prompt.

[Do you want to enter your domain?]

[Yes]-[No]

I looked around and one last time and felt with an instinct to make sure it was clear. When I felt it was, I clicked [Yes]. Immediately the ground opened up, and the stone stairs revealed themselves. On the side of the stairs were the torches that lit the dark space up.

Seeing the entrance was ready, I walked down the stairs and entered the passageway. The passageway looked just like a caved tunnel. However, on the top were yellow luminescent rocks, that illuminated the cave. The passageway served as the bridge between rooms. So far there were only four doors, one to the King's chamber, far down the line. In the middle was the treasury; the dining room was also located in the middle.

Lastly, near the door of the King's chamber was the door to the residential area. However, unlike the other doors, the door to the residential had stairs which took you deeper underground. There you would find the living quarters for the minions to come.

Although there were so many doors to choose from, I intended to go to my room, The King's Chambers. I walked down the passageway as my new boots made clopping sounds when they touched the ground. I also noticed, the air down here was surprisingly fresh. I didn't feel like I was suffocating for air, nor did I feel an increase in atmospheric pressure. I probably had to go deeper before that came into play.

Once I reached my flimsy wooden door, I placed my hand on the black, circular metal ring. Then I lifted it to a 90-degree angle and pushed forward. This opened my door with a loud, perpetuated creak and I walked inside my bedroom.

Looking at the sight before me, I sighed, my bedroom was truly pitiful. The singular wooden bed had cracks in it, the mattress above it was so thin, it looked like paper. All in all, sleeping on a bed of thorns looked like it would be more comfortable than the brokeback mountain of a bed I had.

Then to top it all off, there was a silver, metal bowl with water in on the side. Was this my bath? Or did the system think I'm a dog? Whether the former or the latter, none of them were good. I shook my head one last time at my room. If I had spare points, I would upgrade it. I didn't know how it would look after an upgrade, but anything would be better than this. Even the people who have committed the most heinous of crimes didn't live like this. However, it was something I had to live with. Living in luxury was secondary to getting stronger.

After I made my peace, I opened [System Shop] then I clicked on [Potions]. I was looking for a healing potion, this wound was killing me! I literally think it was killing me. I clicked on [Potions] and went deeper in by clicking on [Healing potions]. Then I looked at the options that was presented to me.

[Cost: 30 Points

Name: <Lesser Healing Potion>

User level: 1- 10

Description: Heals shallow to medium cuts and wounds. ]

[Cost: 50 Points

Name: < Medium Healing Potion>

User level: 1-10

Description: Heals deep cuts and wounds.]

[Cost: 75 Points

Name: <Greater Healing Potion>

Level: 1-10

Description: Heals all wounds (Does not repair vitals)]

Looking at the prices, I wanted to cry, they were unnaturally expensive! This was because on top of the prices the player charged for the creation of his potion, the system charged a fee for using its online platform instead of buying it in a shop directly from a player. I was at the mercy of the system because I definitely couldn’t travel to the nearest town for one because I’d would definitely die, and lose two levels.

I contemplated as to which option I was going to pick, but it all came down to how my wound looked. To do that, I had to take my jacket off. So I gripped it near the collar and slowly removed it. However, as I got halfway, I noticed that removing it needed more force than normal. My blood had coagulated, now my black overcoat was stuck on my shoulder. I closed my eyes and cursed in my mind. Removing it was going to be painful and to be honest, I was scared.

It took me a good two minutes to psych myself up before I did it. I took the collar again, then I gritted my teeth with a scrunched expression, and I peeled the jacket off of me. This aggravated the wound as the blood flowed out of me. Moreover, my blood was not red like normal blood, it was black! That was not the colour of my blood when I first came across the wound. This had to be the doing of the Abyss Lion, its teeth were black, maybe this was some poison.

When I saw this, I bought the <Greater Healing Potion> for 75 SP. It had healing capabilities but also debuffed toxins. Once I had bought it, I navigated my way to [Inventory] and took it out. It was a glass flask with a wooden cork on top of it. I excitedly took the flask out my inventory as my hand rippled through the screen like I was putting my hand through water. Then I retracted my hand holding the flask.

After taking the flask, I awkwardly placed my thumb on the cork and flicked my thumb up. This popped the cork, opening it up for consumption. Once it was open, I brought it to my mouth. Then I raised the flask so that it was top-down but at an angle, and I swallowed the yellow liquid that was pouring into my mouth.

The potion tasted like medicine and had a bitterly awful after taste despite its sweet aroma. Yuck! I stuck my tongue out in disgust. However, in the next moment, I could slowly feel the fibres of my body being sowed up. It didn't hurt at all, in fact, the pain disappeared.

Once it was done, I removed the rags and looked down at my shoulder. I was all healed up, and I didn't feel like death! I flailed my right arm up and down to make sure, and it was as good as new. I exclaimed then heaved a sigh of relief once I had processed I was okay. This further convinced me to prepare properly.

After that, I looked at the buildings I could buy. I thought that since I had levelled up a lot since I first checked, there would be more buildings but there wasn't.

I sighed and then bought the buildings that were there. I bought the small farm, the imps barracks and the research lab. The total cost was 140 system points, now I had 165 SP left.

[Where would you like to place the building?]

I thought about it for a minute and placed the farm down under near the residential. The research lab was connected to the passageway as well as the imp's barracks.

After placing them, I smiled with a satisfied expression, things were getting exciting. Out of all the new buildings, the one I wanted to explore first was the imp's barracks. I was quite curious to see how that looked and what the imps would look like. With the door still wide open, I dashed out of my room and down the passageway. My black boots stomping on the ground.

As I ran down the passageway, I looked at the signs on the doors until I saw it said, "Imps Barracks". Unlike my door, it was a double door made out of polished mahogany. I shook my head at the injustice and walked inside.

 

27