5 – first mob and pixie source
453 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Now that you have successfully absorbed the resource through some...abnormal means, you now have the ability to spawn it! Unaffiliated Elemental Wisps cost 2 mana to spawn. Keep in mind that the cost increases for every alteration to its base form.

To spawn your first mob, think 'Spawn Unaffiliated Elemental Wisp'!]

ugh. that name is too long. just shorten it to wisp.

[...The name of the mob 'Unaffiliated Elemental Wasp' changed to 'Wisp'. Spawn your first 'Wisp'!]

eh, fine. [Spawn wisp].

A trickle of 'mana' escaped my core, flowing out and taking the shape of the dead wisp I'd seen before. but, this time, there was a ball in its center. it gave off a dull, muted glow. was the ball depressed? guessing on how...droopy the wisp was acting, floating a mere inch off the floor, I wasn't too far off.

what's wrong with it, tutorial?

[Your dungeon mana levels are too low! Wisps can't live without an adequate mana source!]

well, where am I gonna get a mana source from?

[Mana sources are created from dungeon rooms or bonds between objects and beings with mana inside of them!]

well. I have none of those. wait, can pixies manipulate mana?

[You cannot set your dungeon pixie as a mana source!]

says who? the gods?

[Yes!]

eh, well, suddenly, I'm feeling a bit stubborn. 'Fanny! Come here!'

the pixie sighed when I called her but she dutifully flew over to my side. "What is it?" she grumbled.

'how do I link a wisp to a mana source?'

"Um, you have to, like, hold on, let me check the handbook..."

I scoffed as I watched her pull a worn down leather book out of thin air. inventories are a thing. duly noted. 'what kind of dungeon pixie needs to reference the handbook?'

"What kind of dungeon chooses a wisp of all things as their first mob?" she snapped back.

'this one!'

"Ugh, you're insufferable!"

'says the one with the nasal voice. what are you, a mouse high on helium with a throat full of mucus?'

"Will you just let me read?!"

'eh, fine.'

I went quiet, observing her with my dungeon sense. she flipped through the pages of her book, muttering to herself. then her eyes lit up and she pointed to something on her page. "Here it is!" she cried. "It says, 'You can form a link to a mana source by selecting whatever creature, object, or place you wish and pulling its mana toward the receiver.' Wow! It's that simple! I really should try to study this bet-urgk!"

she cut herself off when I infiltrated her body with my dungeon sense and retrieved mana from her core.

and wow, that sounds really bad. um...she's fine? I think. the pixie kinda looks pale...oh, well! the wisp is perking up a bit now. the ball inside of it looks a little less dull. I can't really tell, though.

"Y-you made me the mana source?" Fanny gasped, her eyes glossed over.

'oh, yeah. um...you don't look too good.'

"That's because I was already mana deficient when I made a pact with you," she wheezed. "And now I might die because this thing is sucking up the rest of my mana!"

'that's not good...'

Like the story? Be 5 days ahead on my Patreon!

9