11 – Named mobs
308 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

okay. now that the lobby was built, it needed furniture. I didn't have any plants or whatever to really spruce it up but I could work with my stone and granite.

the first thing I did was lay a granite flooring. it was way different from the manufactured granite I was used to, but I liked the pretty colors. I shaped bits of stone into bricks and made them my walls. they looked...awful. they were fairly lopsided and not at all symmetrical but I did the best I could!

the e-wisp that had killed the rabbihorn wandered over to the last brick I was trying to shove into the wall. it watched me meticulously shave off slivers of stone, try to slide it in, and cry out in frustration when I failed. finally, it touched the stone and started to shake. I watched, amazed, as the stone brick shrunk.

the e-wisp lazily floated away from the brick. it looked a little bloated but danced happily when the brick slid into place.

'for being such a good little dude,' I said, 'I'm gonna call you...Brick.'

a huge amount of mana poured out of me and into the newly dubbed Brick. I watched through sleepy senses as the wisp quadrupled in size, his glowy ball shining brightly through his body.

[You have Named a mob! 'Brick' the e-wisp will now respawn when killed and can travel outside the boundaries of your dungeon!

Please refrain from pushing further ahead than the pre-established guidelines!]

huh. named mobs...can I make more of them?

[You are not developed enough to have more than one Named mob!]

that sucks. well, I'm glad Brick can go outside of my dungeon. it can go get me plants I can use to decorate the lobby.

'hey, Brick, go out of the dungeon and find some plants,' I said.

He looked confused, tilting his teardrop body to the side.

'uh...green things. just, um, find something green or brown outside and bring it in here, okay?'

Brick nodded enthusiastically and zipped out of the dungeon.

then it occurred to me that he probably doesn't know what those colors are...whatever!

Like the story? Be 5 days ahead on my Patreon!

9