Lesson 01 – School seems normal, or not
1.4k 9 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lesson 01 - School seems normal, or not

--- still two months ago ---

Isabella slept, woke, washed, ate breakfast, and was readying herself for school.

Yesterdays news had announced the brutal murder of ten teens, it didn't help that they had alcohol, drugs, and other things that proved that the partying teens had been involved in not so legal things. Her mother had only relaxed after she had heard from the supernatural albino that she had stayed at the temple for the night.

Then came a large amount of jealousy over having been able to enjoy a natural hot spring.

Now however came the true challenge. She would have to face off the fluffy one at school.

How was she supposed to act? How would the kitsune react? Would she be touchy and flirty like last night? Would they pretend to not know each other?

Isabella was confused about it. She had no clue what to do. Dating and all that affectionate stuff, was as much a mystery to her, as the whole watching a shadow slink off to kill her party hosts.

She was getting paranoid. Looking around yourself all the time couldn't be healthy.

Though she wondered if it was excusable, knowing that there are horrors out to get you in the shadows did not help her sanity. Getting on the bus she tried to distract herself by talking to her acquaintances.

Having to hear about the brutal murders did not really help, and she couldn't even tell anyone that she had been there as they summoned something to commit suicide by stupidity.

It felt awkward to have to listen. Especially when people started asking her about the party. It felt weird to tell them that she had left after the BBQ, now being able to mention that they had summoned an unspeakable horror that had then killed them all was difficult. Not that she could explain that, people would call her delusional or insane.

How to explain something like that, she had no idea.

Best to leave that to the professionals.

She was not sure if those existed actually.

Actually considering all those movies and agencies that existed there was probably someone who cared. She had no idea who.

Things were weird. Two days ago she had left her schoolmates to die to some unspeakable horrors. Now it was monday and she was back to school.

She was alive.

"Did you hear what happened after the party?"

She was sick of it.

------

At school, the obligatory minute of silence, and more than a few satisfied smiles. From students of both genders.

For being the 'popular' crowd they sure had a lot of enemies.

This was followed by a long and boring lesson that she couldn't remember the content of.

It was finally break time and she was not looking forward to yet more questions.

"You look fed up with the world." A rather soft and melodic voice called out to her.

She looked up and saw white. White shirt, white skin, white hair, and red eyes.

It was part of the cause for the annoying day. Not that she would have prefered not to have met her, since that would have meant she would have ended up dead like the others, but she couldn't help but feel annoyed at the whole thing. "What are you doing here?"

"Sitting I would say." The albino chirped.

"You sound way too happy."

"That is the way I am." The girl adjusted her hair, the almost floor length hair got collected in her lap. The red skirt got covered with white hair. The attention of everyone in the room got dragged towards the two. The fascinating albino and the cop's daughter.

The girls were wondering what had happened, the boys were trying to find out if the promises that had been made on social media about using the goods were true or not.

Considering they were not dead, it was more probably that they had not gotten around to being played with.

That meant they were capable of scoring first.

"Ignore the looks, they are idiots, perverts, snobs, and who knows what else. They are not worth our time." The albino offered.

She looked so normal. Aside from being albino and being unnaturally beautiful.

"Got lunch or do you need the cafeteria?"

Isabella found herself pulled back to the present. "I haven't packed anything today. Mum had to go early, and I slept late." Then she saw the lunch box the albino had packed. It was more like a meat box. She had heard about the girl's penchant for meaty dishes. Seeing it was something completely different however. "Is that steak, ribs, skewer, chicken breast, bacon strips and three cherry tomatoes?"

It was honestly large enough to feed her three times over.

"Yes, and there are three slices of liver below that."

"What? How?" Sure kitsune were a vulpine race, therefore carnivorous, but that made no sense, where did that all fit?

"Here plate, fork, knife, and real bread."

"Real bread?" Actually that was not the issue here Isabelle tried to remind herself..

"You know the type you mix yourself. Make the dough, let it settle, then cool it, and use it whenever you need some fresh bread."

"And why do you have enough to feed us both?"

"Because usually after a mess like that people tend to be off? So what do you want?"

Isabelle had to admit it smelled wonderful. "Is that spicy ribs?"

"Moderate, my tongue is sensitive, I can eat really spicy stuff without adverse reactions, but once it goes past a certain level I only taste hot and nothing else, so it is a waste."

"Ribs, skewer, a slice of liver, and two tomatoes." The human girl ordered.

The kitsune simply loaded the plate up and handed it over. Then started filling her own plate and tucking in.

"How is it still hot?" Isabelle asked curiously.

Her counterpart finished chewing and swallowed. "Magic." The way that the girl grinned at her made sure that everyone else thought it was a joke, but she knew. It was truly magic.

"Mhm~" The ribs were soft, the steak tender and clearly pre marinated, and the liver was still soft and juicy. Even the bread was good. It was dense, rich in taste, and accented the meats nicely.

"I am glad you approve." The foxy smile looked totally fitting. ""After all, I made it all myself."

"Your meat dishes are wonderful, I have no idea if I should trust you with anything else."

"I made apple pie."

Isabelle looked down at her plate, apple pie sounded great, but she was not sure if she would have the space for it.

"I will have a try before making my decision."

After the meats, there came the apple pie, it was still hot, and next to it was a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Isabelle decided that walking home was probably a good idea, she would need an hour or so, but she had to walk all those calories off.

"You are evil." The completely stuffed and satisfied girl accused.

The other girl simply continued packing and cleaning up after the feeding. "Actually I am neutral, with a tendency towards good."

"That 'leave them alone' thing?" Isabelle wondered aloud.

"I might be chaotic, but they did sign a contract, which is actually lawful, but since they were all raping and blackmailing asses I decided to leave them to die. Pests like that are better off dead. I did get the one that did not deserve it freed."

The human had to parse the very frank answer. "Somehow I feel like that there was a lot more information in there then I was ready for."

"Don't worry, I will give you the basics sometime."

It was now however time for the afternoon lessons and she had to fight off the cozy sated feeling she had.

------

She was bored, not really bored but very bored.

History had nothing she hadn't heard or lived through.

Math hadn't changed much, and she needed to stay on top of math anyway. Better math made for better spatial enchantments and ritual circles. The laws of physics were just guidelines when you knew magic.

Biology was also an issue, cellular biology was actually interesting now that she knew magic. That one human life so long ago was a few years behind this one timeline wise.

The best part about this time was clearly the internet.

The chance to talk to someone without using magic or teleporting there, instant communication, computers, internet browsing, scanning social media for stuff that looks suspicious, using satellite view to teleport to places you were never before.

Modern technology was wonderful.

Not even physical education was worth it, seeing schoolgirls change had no appeal when you knew what elves, catgirls and other supernatural races looked naked and felt naked.

She was bored.

Literature was boring when you had met the greats and lived things stranger than fiction.

Why was she doing this again? Because her last identity had reached around fifty years of age and she had needed a new one. Maintaining an identity was getting harder and harder with all that digital tracking and checking.

So that left only creating a new identity every few years.

It was mind numbing and annoying.

Now she had to play with the system, as well as she could anyway.

Slipups happened after all.

------

Isabelle wondered if she had made a mistake by accepting the food. There were many stories where accepting food counted as something. Sometimes it was a marriage proposal, something it was just a friendly gesture, and in the case of fey you could be sure it was a prank. She had already eaten and it was too late for regrets.

Maybe she really needed an in depth talk. Ask about cultural differences and all that.

She needed to make a list of questions.

"I want to explore the 7 mysteries!" she heard a boy nearby say.

She wondered if there were really 7 mysteries.

"Some of them are only possible by night though."

This already sounded like a bad idea actually.

"Want to come?"

It sounded like a bad come on too.

"No thank you."

And he had asked the wrong person.

"You are basically asking to break into school for all things at night. I know plenty of places I'd rather be at night." She shook her head and the long white hair swayed with the movement. It was an oddly hypnotic movement.

Almost everyone found themselves fascinated by it.

Isabelle fronwed. The girl was clearly unnatural. Her beauty was simply beyond human and this was even when she was in human shape. She knew however that the girl before her was even more beautiful in her true shape. As weird as it sounded the girl could probably turn any head she wanted in her natural form. Not to say that the cute ears and the fluffy tail did not add a lot of charm.

You couldn't enjoy anime and manga, without appreciating anthropomorphic humanoids like catgirls and kitsune. It was a must after all.

She wondered what catgirls looked like in real life.

Her eyes wandered over to one of the quieter members of her class. If Zaria was a mystic kitsune, the quiet calm girl was totally a cowgirl considering her abnormally large chest.

Bad thought, she should probably stop before she grew paranoid.

"Such an idiot." Speaking of kitsune, she had appeared. "There are only 6 mysteries left."

"Why only 6?" She asked before she could stop herself.

The kitsune simply explained: "Because I purified the molesting ghost of the perverted janitor from the girls toilet in the back of the third floor. After all who needs a rapey ghost."

"Eww, I have been there!"

"He only peeped during the day."

"I don't feel any better."

"The moment I found out I removed him. That was last year before our school year."

"Now I do feel better."

--- one month ago ---

"No, the big breasted girl is not a cowgirl. She is just blessed." The kitsune explained calmly.

Isabelle frowned, she had been so sure about that. "You said two girls in our class are nonhumans."

"Yes, but she is not one of them. She is more or less adopted by the cowgirl herd, the others in the 'big breast club' are cowgirls." Zaria explained with a foxy smirk. "Feel free to try again."

The human girl pondered the others in her class. The others seemed rather normal. The popular one with her followers, the more sporty and or tomboyish ones, the calm antisocial lady, the normal friendly ones, and the shy ones. She had no idea.

"Well keep guessing."

--- One month ago ---

Isabelle had gotten somehow used to the white presence in her life.

Just her meat intake had increased considerably.

Now she looked at the almost drooling face to the left behind Zaria. It was one of the sporty girls, only she seemed to be sniffing and really hungry. Despite that she did not seem eager to approach.

Isabelle looked down at her plate. Steak, some medallions that were really tender, and yet more liver.

"There is someone behind you and staring." she decided to inform her cook.

The cook in question did not even turn around but still managed to reply. "And she is almost drooling, feel free to feed her."

Isabelle looked at her steak. She cut a bite free and held it out towards the clearly hungry girl.

The girl perked up and made her way over to the redhead, making a wide berth around Zaria. The bit down on the offer. Isabelle watch the as the black haired girl chewed with a very satisfied "Mmhhh~"

"Not my fault if she follows you home." An amused Zaria remarked as her friend continued feeding the steak to the newcomer.

Isabelle overheard a "Not a dog" mumble between bites being fed. However she felt like she was feeding a puppy. The way the girl crouched next to her, really felt like that irish setter expecting food when they sat down to dinner at her uncle's house.

She suddenly wondered how to explain to her mother a girl followed her home.

Zaria giggled amused.

Isabelly gave the kitsune a suspicious look, could she read minds?

"No, it is just obvious you thought something very amusing."

The human did not feel assured at all, she absently patted the blackhaired girl, Samantha if she remembered the name correctly.

Said girl pushed her head against the hand and closed her eyes.

The human girl gave the girl she was petting a suspicious look, maybe she had found one of the two nonhumans in her class now. Or had been found.

"Yes~"

Clearly the vixen could read minds.

"No I can't, well, actually I could, but it is already impossible to keep my own thoughts in order. Why would I want somebody else too?"

"She can do anything!" Sammy added.

Zaria waved her hand in a denying motion. "Everything is a bit much. Besides there is always a price to pay, either just magic, or more."

"Do I want to know what more means?"

"The usual, materials, foki, blood, memories, experience. The cases where you pay with your essence are the worst actually. You literally weaken yourself, blood is annoying since it can be abused, life just makes you tired for a while, and if you are strong enough, you might not even feel it."

The black haired girl complained however. "Not everyone can go swimming in a volcano and come out with the equivalent of a sunburn!"

Isabelle gave the kitsune an incredulous look.

"It was to prove a point." The albino admitted sheepishly "It felt wrong to let them shoot me."

Isabelle decided that this was getting too weird.

"Besides I didn't get damaged at all."

The human girl opened her mouth, then closed it as she decided that things were going from weird to insane.

--- two weeks ago ---

"You know, your aunt is getting popular on my side of weird."

Isabelle froze. That sounded ominous.

"Stop looking so worried, I patched her up. She will just feel drained for a few days."

That did not help at all. She had the suspicion that something that needed help from Zaria was along the lines of deadly.

"Now sit down, I want a lappillow."

"That again?"

"Your lap is very comfy~"

The human decided to indulge the obviously unhinged nonhuman.

"I am not crazy, I just see reality differently."

"Seeing things is normally a sign of insanity."

"Unless they are really there~"

"Hard to believe that when you are the only one who can see them."

"... Actually …"

"What?"

"I'll show you next time."

"What?"

"I just remembered that I can make you see a lot of it as I do."

"Really?"

"Mhm~"

"Why do I think that I am better off not seeing it?"

"Don't worry, I'll pick something safe."

"..."

"Something safe for normal humans."

And we caught up to where I wanted to be.

The chapters are nonlinear this time. At least I planned it like that.

So if you want I can adjust it however.

Poll: Use time format like in LEaE?
1: Make Case X and Lesson X the same time. Retroactive fixing.
2: No, it makes it more interesting when you don't fit timelines together.
3: Doesn't matter at all. Time skip however you want.
4: LEaE!
5: Cappuccino and Maid Cafe

Use time format like in LEaE?
  • 1: Make Case X and Lesson X the same time. Retroactive fixing. Votes: 11 16.7%
  • 2: No, it makes it more interesting when you don't fit timelines together. Votes: 4 6.1%
  • 3: Doesn't matter at all. Time skip however you want. Votes: 30 45.5%
  • 4: LEaE! Votes: 8 12.1%
  • 5: Cappuccino and Maid Cafe Votes: 13 19.7%
Total voters: 66 · This poll was closed on Jun 5, 2021 02:22 AM.
29