Chapter 7: The Village
1.1k 8 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The scene at the village shocks me, it didn’t seem a lot different from the battlefield near here, villagers’ corpses spread over the ground, men, women, children alike, it looks like a massacre occurred here, and that’s probably what happened.

As I can breathe a little from the “running from the rabbits” thing, I can now properly understand what’s in front of me, and as I see the corpses, my legs give up and I fall to the ground, shaking.

Why would anyone do this? This is….this is…I-I can’t even think properly.

My heart feels heavy with all the death, I know I don’t know them, and shouldn’t care, but it’s still so sad.

I’m seeing all of this as reality, because I can’t accept someone would make all of this unnecessary death……

It pains me a lot, but I need to accept it, maybe I could search for survivors, yeah, there’s definitely survivors, this village can’t be all dead, right? Right?

Just as I get up and start walking to a house, two figures appear in the middle of the village. I get scared of the sudden appearing and so I jump to the wall of the house, outside of their range of view.

“*************?”

“*********. *************”

They talk in a language I never heard before, from their voices, I guess the first one is a woman, her voice carries an emotion of sadness and her tone tells me she asked a question.

The second voice was a men’s voice, it’s more calm than the woman’s, but there’s a sign of irritation.

Unfortunately, I can’t understand anything they say.

Taking a breath of courage, I try to peek them by putting my head out of the cover of the wall just enough for my eyes.

The two of them use some kind of religious outfit, the woman wears a black vest with gold ornaments and what looks like a black star with gold outlines. She doesn’t look young, but she also doesn’t look old, long gray hair and deep blue eyes.

The men wear an overcoat, I can’t see his face, but the overcoat looks like the vest the woman is using, but somewhat more mysterious.

The woman sighs.

“*********, *******”

“********** ***”

“**”

They seem to be having a conversation, but I can’t understand anything. If I was reincarnated shouldn’t a have a translation skill or somewhat? Tho, I only know about this stuff because Leo always told me about isekai. I wonder how he’s doing.

While I was sad thinking about my friends I might not see again, the woman closes her eyes and put her hands around her pendant, like she’s praying. Maybe she is praying?

After a quick what I assume was a pray, the woman looks at the men and nod. The man says something I can’t hear and something like a circle appears right in front of them, it looks like a magic circle you see in anime and stuff!

While I was distracted looking at the circle that appeared out of nowhere, the men finish whatever he was doing, and the same way they appeared, they vanish into thin air without leaving any trace they were here.

I'm left shocked by their sudden appearance and disappearance. I take a few moments to regain composure.

What was that?

[Answer: [Teleport] spell]

Teleport? Spell? Wait, magic exists here? Well obviously, I mean, in my status there's a bar called “MP”, and there's skills and stuff, I mean, it should be obvious that magic exists too, maybe I'm just to dumb to notice? Probably.

I know magic is that awesome stuff and so, I would love to try it and stuff, but….

I look around the village, it's full of corpses, some of them were slashed, some are just beheaded, my stomach aches by the scene.

I just don't feel that excited with all of this, you know? This just seems like a nightmare but it's worse, because I know it's reality, deep down I know it, it took this long to finally hit me because of all the crazy stuff that happened until now, I was just avoiding thinking about it, but now I have time to process it.

My eyes begin to fill with tears and I lean against a wall.

I don't know where I am, I don't know what happened to me and this place is like a living nightmare, one where I can't wake up.

My tears make their way down my face, dripping on the ground.

If it were the bodies it would be fine, I would just pass out and wake up later, but here I can't do this, because of two skills, [Faint Resistance] and [Abnormal Mental Condition Resistance] keeps me from passing out and even diminishes the disgust I feel I'm scared of what they're making to me, will I become a cold blood person who doesn't care about massacres?

I lie on the floor and curled up, my emotions running wild and creating havoc on my brain. My memories of my friends and my family flashes through my mind, reminding me I probably will never see them again, making me cry out loud, but the sound that came out of my mouth was just a roar, a sad roar.

 

I don’t know how much time I’ve being crying but I’m thirsty and hungry. There’s no one in this village, I don’t think they’ll mind if I grab food and water, right?

I get up with some effort, I’m still a little shaken processing everything. As I start to walk to the door of a nearby house, I hear something behind me.

I quickly turn around, just to see the last thing I wanted.

The rabbits.

 

 

38