Chapter 3: The Horned Rabbit
1.4k 5 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking through the forest was somewhat relaxing, I checked my stats while walking after I ate those berries, the second SP bar went from 20/60 to 45/60, so I guess the second SP bar is my hunger, I still don’t know what the first bar purpose is, but I’ll eventually find out, I hope. But anyway, I’m walking for 45 minutes already, all I see is forest and more forest, I didn’t find anything, not even bugs! I’m lucky there’s a few bushes with berries on them, hey, [Knowledge Library] is the Dharnas Forest devoid of any life except plants?

[Information not available]

Are you going to be like this forever?

[Information not available]

….I won’t even comment on that….

Walking a little more I hear a hustle in one of the bushes. I rapidly prepared myself to flight, because I had no idea what was coming.

A single rabbit with a strange horn on it's forehead  left the bush and calmly started walking around, it doesn't seem it has noticed me yet, maybe I can ask my skill and see what kind of rabbit is that.

[Horned rabbit – a rabbit with a knife like horn it utilizes to slash its prey]

Knife like horn? You're kidding? That thing is a sword! I better get out of here fast.

Too slow, just as I thought about leaving the rabbit saw me. Our eyes met for 2 seconds as it suddenly jump in my direction with an incredible speed, I barely had time to fall from the scare that rabbit gave me with that sudden movement.

As it passes me I feel a sharp pain on my cheek, that horn hit me, but just barely, I'm lucky this scales can withstand a little from that attack. I can't run away, with that jump just now I already noticed it's far faster than I am, and my wings are just decorations as I don't know how to use them, my only option is to fight, I hope these claws and fangs are just as sharp as I feel them being.

I rapidly get up and stared at the rabbit, he looks at me with confusion, it seems it doesn't seems to miss that attack much.

Wait, this is a combat, maybe appraisal works better in combat or in monsters than it works on plants and other stuff, well, here goes nothing.

[Horned Rabbit]

I was expecting too much of it.

While I was thinking about other stuff, the rabbit didn't waste time and jumped at me again, aiming at my front let, I didn't had the time to avoid it and I got stabbed. Pain rushed from my leg into my brain, I couldn't think straight, I just raised my other paw and hit the rabbit with my claws, I felt something warm on my paw but I didn't care, the only thing on my mind was that sharp pain. Using my paw I grabbed the head of the rabbit and pulled it away from my leg and threw it away just as I lost my balance and fell on the ground.

I just stood there, moaning in pain, for about 5 minutes, and then I heard

[Required proficiency points reached, skill [Pain Reduction] Lv. 1 acquired]

Suddenly the sharp pain I was feeling seemed to be somehow numbed a little, just enough for me to think again.

This hurts a lot! It's better than 20 seconds ago but it still hurts. Why  the rabbit stopped attacking?

Fighting the pain I look at the direction I threw the rabbit. It was on the floor, with a puddle of blood around him, it’s head was almost completely separated from it’s body.

At the same time, something in my stomach begin to move, wanting to get out. The smell of blood hit my nose, it was somewhat sweet and calmed my mind and stomach, filling my mouth with saliva. I begin walking  to the rabbit and was about to eat it, but the pain coming from my leg made me come back to my senses.

Wait, what am I doing? Why I'm so tempted to just eat this rabbit? I barely could see blood without feeling sick, and this pain, it's taking everything I have to not scream from it.

I look at my wound, there's blood flowing from the cut the rabbit made, it's not big, but it's deep, I can feel it almost hit my bone. Seeing the blood flow from my wound and feel the pain proved to be hard as I started to feel dizzy and my mind lost focus, everything was a blur.

44