Chapter L 2: The Witch of Pride
1k 7 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We were forced to walk corridors and weird rooms, I couldn't even turn my head, it was like my own body was being controlled like a marionette and it looks like I was not alone, I couldn't see behind me but in front of me there were around nine people, my classmates and the two professors, walking like it was completely normal, I know if I were to see myself I would probably be walking exactly like them.

Eventually we arrived at what looks like a painting of a door on a wall, it's so much like a door that if I haven't seen it up close I would think that it is really a door.

“Minister Ayotah, you may open the gate"

“Yes, High Priestess”

The woman who somehow made us obey her orders like slaves spoke to another man wearing a black overcoat with weird gold symbols.

The man got closer to the door, put his hand on it and the painting begin to glow.

“With the blessing of the God of Space I command you to open, open and grant us passage. [Open Gateway]”

The wall inside the painting began to glow a strong blueish color and a few seconds later the glow disappeared, together with the wall inside of the now door frame, revealing stairs going down, it looks dark inside, but not complete darkness, it looks like there's barely enough light to see the stairs.

We’re forced to go down the stairs, it took 5 minutes to walk down the staircase, but eventually we arrive in a corridor, it’s long and it’s dark, really really dark, I can’t see a finger in front of me.

“We’re not completely safe, but we can talk right now, I know you have so many questions and I’ll try to answer them”

The voice of the High Priestess reached my ear. Even though I can’t see her I have a generalized sensation of where she is because of her voice.

“First, you’re not in the world you knew, you were summoned to this world by a Summon Ritual”

Yeah, I already figure this out, we were isekaied and stuff, but shouldn’t we be treated as heroes? Like, we’re totally slaves right now!

“The problem that even I don’t know the answer to. The ritual don’t summon more than 3 people at any time, and it won’t summon their surroundings either. What happened to you is totally beyond me, but maybe Theo changed the ritual and summoned all of you”

Theo, didn’t she said something about this Theo being the god of space?

“You’re probably wondering who is Theo, let me explain, Theo is the God of Space, one of the many Gods this world has, Theo is the one who has control over space and dimension. The summoning ritual is just a way to send a request to Theo to bring people from other worlds over to this one, that’s one of the reasons there isn’t so many summoned people here, because you’ll need to convince Theo himself if you want to have a successful summoning”

That’s actually explanatory.

As we walked, eventually we got to a partially illuminated room, it’s still pretty damn dark, but at least I can see everyone.

“Good, this place isn’t compromised, okay, now to explain why we summoned you here. The Holy Light Church is the church of the Goddess of Light, Luminos, and they’re at war, Luminos is one of the Gods who want’s control over the other Gods, we, as the Church of Space, kept ourselves neutral on this war, just like Theo himself. It all started with a few skirmishes between our lands, resulting in a few hundred causalities with civilians included”

Is that bad? To drag civilians to this? They’re insanely religious.

“They never went out of their way to start a war against us, but according to informants, after their capital was attacked by an unknown force that destroyed 50% of their food supply, they saw no other choice but call to war on us to force us into submission, if they asked for help, we would gladly offer”

That’s awful, why won’t they ask for help? Do they want war that badly?

“That’s why we used the ritual to summon you, and by the grace of Theo, he sent all of you to help us. It is truly a miracle”

Her voice tone indicate she is really happy we all got summoned. I don’t know why, but I think we can trust her.

“Really? A miracle? Have you heard yourself?”

A female voice I don’t recognize came out from the darkness.

“Who’s there?! Show yourself!”

“If you insist”

Just as the female voice said, light appeared out of nowhere, reveling the room itself and the owner of the voice, it was a girl, no more than 20 years old.

“You”

“Meee!”

The annoyed tone of the Priestess and the happy voice of the girl suggest they know each other.

“I suppose you’re here in the name of the Holy Light’s Church?”

“Oh my? Why would I want to involve myself with this shitty religion of yours?”

Hey, can’t she respect the religion of others?

“Then why must we receive the grace of your presence in our, I suppose, not so secret escape route, miss Witch of Pride?”

“Weeeeell you know me, actually you don’t, but let’s forget that now, I heard from a little bird you were preparing to make the summoning ritual, and look at what we’ve got here, 23 summons? That must be a new record!”

The Witch of Pride, as Avorá called her, acts like a child, making exaggerated moves and expressions, but it looks like she’s doing that to make the Priestess angry on purpose.

“I won’t ask how you’ve managed to get your hands on that classified information, what I will question is what you want, you surely didn’t come here just to make those sassy comments”

“Well, you’re right, I haven’t come here just to anger you with my comments, but I can’t say I’m not enjoying it hehehehe. Anywaaaaaay, I’m here to see the condition of the summoned”

“They’re right in front of your eyes, happy? Now leave this place right now or I’ll make you”

“Oooooh, so scary! Please don’t hurt me hahahahahaha, alright, I’ll leave now, but first let me warn all of you, summoned people, we will meet again in the future and depending on how we meet again we might have to fight, oh but don’t worry, I promised a friend of mine that I won’t kill any of you, that’s right, I won’t kill you, but there’s things worse than death”

“That’s enough!”

The priestess stepped forward.

“Oh, that’s my cue to leave, bye”

The girl sent a kiss in our direction and blue lightning-like rays appeared around her for less than a second, vanishing with her, as with she was never there.

Avorá sighs and turn around, looking at us.

“Ok, let me explain what just happened. That woman who was here just a moment ago is the Witch of Pride, a very powerful witch since before I was born, she’s very mysterious and no one really knows who she is. What she said, about you meeting again in the future, she probably means she will try to meddle with our affairs, and I can’t allow it.”

She pauses for a moment. Her face looks exhausted.

“I’ve prohibited you from talking way too long, you may speak now….Do you have any questions?”

In a heartbeat, Mrs. Vinicius answered the question.

“Obviously we do, we want some answers, and not just your side of things”

“Of course, I’ll answer your doubts”

And truly to her word, Avará, the Priestess, answered our every question without hiding anything. We chose to help their cause with the promise of being sent home after we helped them. Juan and his little gang were the last to agree with it, but they eventually did. Now we are getting ready to help the Church of Theo to fight off the Holy Light’s Church and eventually get home.

32