Chapter 12: The Dream
963 12 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hey, Alex! What are you doing up there?”

I ask Alex who is on top of a tree,  doing God knows what.

“Hey Marcus, I'm just..hurgh…grabbing…huurgh…this"

She said as she pulled a Frisbee out of the tree with all her strength.

“My little brother threw this here, you know him, he likes to throw stuff, look, this is what I've recovered so far"

She puts her hand on her pockets and take out a cellphone, coins, a battery, a sword, a car and a pencil.

“He really likes throwing stuff on trees huh?”

“Ha, tell me about it. I need to look for the stuff he throws around the neighborhood all the time”

She put all that stuff back to her pockets and jumps down the tree, landing right in front of me.

“So Mark, wanna come home? I have that new console you talked about last week”

My face lit up like a Christmas tree.

“You have the Atomic Reality Simulator 15?!”

Alex has a smug face looking at me.

“Uhum, and I have that game where you control a dragon and kills rabbits that are constantly swarming around you"

“I heard of that game before, if I'm not mistaken, the internet hated the game, something about it being traumatic for a lot of people”

“That's bullshit, I've played it for many hours and I-I-I…”

“That's cool! How was the game, how it's like?”

“…Don't remember”

“what do you mean you don't remember? You just said you played it for many hours!”

I say a little suspicious towards Alex, who is acting a little strange.

She snaps her neck a look directly into my eyes, her eyes are full of static, like her eyes were an old television.

“Alex? You’re scaring me"

Alex opens her mouth, but only the sound of static comes out.

I take a few steps back, trying to distance myself from her, she just stood there, looking at me with her mouth open.

Suddenly space itself bursts open, it's like there's a hole in the universe and inside of it…more static.

I'm so scared I scream and fall backwards onto the ground.

The hole is right in front of me, and for some reason it wants me, I can feel it, it’s like my body is being pulled by it.

Actually, my body IS being pulled by it, like the gravity curved and went straight for it.

I start falling, unable to hold onto anything, screaming, getting closer and closer to that hole, and then, suddenly I feel a great force pulling my body away from it. I fly for a few seconds before crashing down on the ground, rolling a few times before stopping.

I’m still a little shaken but I open my eyes I try to get up, but as soon as my hands appeared on my field of vision, I noticed they had changed to an unfamiliar shape, my hands were half covered in white scales and my fingers had claws so sharp I could barely see it’s edge.

I quickly get up, but my body weight wasn’t right, I look over my back and see a white scaled tail coming out of my back.

“What?! What’s happening?!”

“Interesting, I would never have thought about a dragon who thinks about himself as a Dragonborn, at least not one who looks like half-human”

An androgynous voice came from behind my head, I turn over and see a blue fox, no, it isn’t a blue fox, foxes have just one tail, that one had seven.

“What are you?!”

“How rude of asking someone who are they, mainly if that person saved your life, but I’ll let it pass as you’re probably scared of what’s happening and what that thing behind you is”

Looking behind me the only thing that I see is the hole.

“When I entered your dream I was able to sense some of your skills, I was surprised to see you have [Instincts Overdrive] AND retained your consciousness, don’t you know that skill corrodes one’s mind? Well, that’s exactly what’s happening there, your mind is being corroded, but thankfully, and to my surprise, you’ve got some pretty handy skills to combat it, your [Parallel Processing] together with [Abnormal Mental Condition Resistance] is stopping the corrosion to grow and consume you, pretty lucky if I do say so myself”

I look at the fox like creature with a dumbfound expression and it seems to notice it.

“You didn't understand anything, did you?”

I shake my head and it lets out a sigh.

“Let me start from the beginning, this is a dream, you used almost all of your magicules to stop Amity from dying, and I’m really grateful for that”

What is that thing talking about? What is happe……

I remember, I remember everything, I was walking to my classroom when suddenly that light exploded, leaving nothing behind, I-I really died, haven’t I? That fox said something of this being a dream, I think he is telling the truth, it may be hard to accept, but I’m not Human anymore.

The next moment after I accepted I died, my body changed and became that of a white dragon.

“Huh, this is weird, suddenly becoming a dragon after I saw you as a human, are you trying to hide some form of secret wish or…ohhh, I understand it now, judging by the scenery of your dream being more advanced than anything on this planet, you probably were a human and died on your world and got reincarnated in this world, it does happen, but is rather rare for a human to reborn as a dragon, and having the skills to maintain the [Skills Overdrive] in check is yet rarer. The chances would be like one in on quadrillion”

Wow, this fox really talks a lot.

“Hey, I don’t talk a lot, I just express myself in the way for you to properly understand me, without making assumptions on things I don’t mention, just because one wants to say everything to make sure there is no way to not understand them doesn’t make that person a talkative person”

Wait, did it just read my mind?

“Well, it’s not like I’ve read your mind, we are in your dream, aren’t we? You simply can’t keep your thoughts under control, if someone with [Telepathy] came in contact with you, they would be able to read you as if you were an open book, you need to learn how to control your mind. Oh and I’m not a it, I’m a kitsune and my name is Zenshin, thank you very much”

Ok, a kistune named Zenshin, this is really a fantasy world, and it seems one of Japanese fantasy? At least I think kistunes are of Japanese origin, but I might be mistaken.

“Actually, no, I don’t know what this “Japanese” is, but kistunes are spiritual beings that are born and live in the spiritual realm, you see, is our job to…. yes, I know…. no I’m not wasting time…. fine, I’ll wake him up now”

What? Did he just talk to somebody?

“In fact, yes, I’ve spoken with Amity, the witch you saved, and she wants to talk with you, as you’re apparently a wyvern and not a dragon. Your magic signature is one of a wyvern, while you have a consciousness, and having a consciousness is a characteristic of dragons”

But, in my status screen it shows dragon?

“For now, the moment you undergo an evolution, your race will be one of the wyverns, you probably won’t lose your mind, that’s because it’s the [Instincts Overdrive] skill is the responsible to destroy your intelligence, but look! Your other skills are counteracting the corrosive properties of that skill, so you’ll be fine, probably, possibly”

That didn’t sound safe for and to me.

“You’ll be fine, now, let’s wake you up now”

How do we do it?

“It’s simple as this, [Wake Up]”

The world around me disappeared, I could feel my real body on the floor of that cave, my senses returning to me, and like nothing happened, I wake up.

Right in front of me is the girl, apparently named Amity, she looks at me and smiles.

33