5: Bringing it to an end.
426 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

5: Bringing it to an end.

I’ve lost track of time and floors. I have no idea how far down I am now. It doesn’t matter. I just keep wandering and killing. I don’t even remember most of it. Every time I get injured, I lose myself. When I wake up, everything is dead. I’ve even killed some humans. I hate it. Maybe if I continue, I can find an end. Or maybe I’ll just be wandering this dungeon for the rest of my life.

God’s view

Ooops. I think I need to remove curse masters from the job pool. It’s not supposed to be possible to steal ownership of corpses from the dungeon, yet she did. That breaks the system pretty badly. The entire point of the dungeon is to act as a source of income and resources so that the availability of resources will always be able to scale with population. Except the only resource she acquires is blood. I can’t even blame her for this, because it was all an accident. Even if I could blame her, it’d just mean I chose the wrong person.

Damn, I fucked up bad. Those curses are doing things I didn’t realize I’d allowed to happen. I think I need to kill her. If she’s allowed to continue, the dungeon will expand until it breaks. It would probably take a few millennia, but if I wait, it will only be harder to get rid of her. Making me regret all the rules I made when making this world. Restricting myself from direct intervention is a real hindrance. I’ll have to create a hero. She’s already too strong and dangerous for a standard bounty to work.

Not so young priests’ view (it’s been a few years)

God summoned a hero to save us from our misery. After listening to our full recounting of how the Vampire Queen came to be (we began to call her that after she killed a vampire king that was the boss of a floor) they assured us they had a plan. It… it wasn’t what I expected, but it seems god approved. 

“I can’t defeat her. She’s advancing too fast for me to catch up. No, I’ll sever the lower levels of the dungeon from the world. Then she will no longer be a threat to this world, as she won’t be in it.”

Cutting the world itself? Such a thing is ridiculous, but it seems he has a skill for it: Dimension Slash.

“Don’t underestimate the power of swords. They are the greatest things in existence!”

… I do hope this hero doesn’t become a problem later.

***Author Note***

So, basically the god here made two big mistakes:

1) The curses can violate all the unwritten rules precisely because those rules are unwritten. Without the free-form curse system, the only things that could be done, were things explicitly allowed. The curses can do anything not explicitly prohibited.

2) they underestimated how powerful their summoned curse master would be. A normal human would not be able to break anything, but due to loophole abuse enabled by point 1 (a side effect of the all the blood related curses, is that she can live as long as she has enough blood, without regard for age as the system of aging relied upon a declining life force.), this curse master will advance through the dungeon forever, until something breaks. It just so happens, this god's world has a size limit, and they designed the dungeon to create new floors as needed to ensure people never reach the end.

16