9: Hello!
413 8 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

9: Hello!

Human Commander’s view

“Sir! There’s a problem!”

“Well? Out with it!”

“Um… you should come see for yourself. There’s a strange armored woman.”

*sigh* Who the hell would be causing trouble here? Guess I better go see.

Blood red armor, on top of a blood red dress. Seemingly dancing about as the men surrounding her attempt to attack her with their spears. Not a one of them able to land a hit.

“What’s going on here?!”

“This woman claims to be lost, sir.”

“So you attack her?”

“It’s a ridiculous claim, sir! She must be an enemy spy!”

“Well, stop attacking, all you’re doing is wearing yourselves out! We can’t afford to have exhausted soldiers if the demons attack again! Back to your posts!”

After a bit, the men resumed their duties… at least I assume they did, I’m not actually sure what their duties are. I leave such details to my subordinates.

“Alright, lady, do you know where you are?”

“No.”

“Do you know when you are?”

“No.”

… that was supposed to be a joke.

“Did you make that canyon?”

“Yes.”

… what? I wish I could just pass her on to someone of higher authority, but there isn’t anyone of higher authority here to pass her to! I’m starting to regret becoming a general. This was supposed to be an easy war. An easy path to fame and glory.

“How?”

“I cut the ground.”

“With what? Your hand?”

“Yes.”

I don’t want to believe her. It’s a ridiculous claim. Yet her voice has no hint of doubt or uncertainty. 

“May I see your face?”

She responded by removing her helmet. No, it’d be better to say her helmet just vanished, leaving only a red bow tying her hair back in a ponytail. White hair, skin like porcelain. Beautiful red lips. Her eyes are brown though. It’s like a fairy tale came to life, except her eyes are brown. 

“How is your skin so white?”

“Well, I haven’t seen the sun in years. I hope I don’t get a sunburn.”

“You may cover up.”

Her helmet re-appeared. What kind of magic is this?

“Were you buried in the canyon?”

“No, I fell from the sky.”

“How did you end up in the sky?”

“I think a god summoned me.”

… this story just keeps getting even more ridiculous.

“Steven! Get this lady a tent. She can stay for now.”

“Thank you.”

“This way, m’lady.”

I’m going to need to consult the Oracles. *sigh* 

Conversation between two godly sisters.

“Um… this is a draw, right?”

“Well, I only win when I wipe out humanity, and… she’s not doing that. In fact, the demons won’t even attack because they don’t want to disturb her.”

“I only win when I defeat the demon lord. She’s too strong. I can’t make a hero that strong. You were really lucky to find someone like this.”

“Technically, you can still win if you find a hero to summon that is strong enough.”

“I don’t want to wait around for something so unlikely. I’ll just do something nice for her. She’s basically ended our involvement in this world.”

“I guess she’s the winner then.”

Vampire Queen’s view

It’s rather nice being allowed to live a luxurious life as a holy figure of the church. They even provided a place to live with magic that prevents any attack from being made, so I don’t need to worry about the curse. It’s just a little lonely. While there are people I can talk to, people always feel so distant.

“Hey, Valerie!”

“K-Kally?”

“Yup! Glad you haven’t forgotten your best friend!”

“W-what are you doing here?!”

“I got invited by a very nice god to come see my old friend. It’s been several life-times since I saw you last. You got a lot prettier since we were together on earth.”

“It’s nice to see you, but… um… I’m kinda immortal now.”

“Awww, how cute. We just met and already you’re worrying about a future that’s decades away! Don’t worry. I got a blessing to live as long as you do. We’re a fated pair. As the hero, I’m supposed to vanquish you, and I’ll live until you are gone.”

“Um… vanquish me?”

“Well, it’s not like I have any reason. Plus, I know I’m not strong enough. However, I do have an interest in trying to conquer you in another sense.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, I mentioned it has been several life-times, right? I’ve had plenty of time to discover that I like girls.”

“Eh?”

“I also like you.”

“...”

“Oh gosh, you are so cute when you blush!”

“Y-you’d said you didn’t swing that way before.”

“I was wrong. I was wrong about a lot of things back then. I was so caught up in being the woman I was taught I should be, that I didn’t really understand myself at all! I’m sorry for making you wait so long.”

I hugged her, and I cried. I cried for the first time in a very long time. I was home. For the first time in forever, I was home.

***Author Note***

Yay! A happy ending!

20