Chapter 105: Keeping Momentum
341 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Heyo~

Cat is about the bag and people like the cat!

Makes one wonder...

Anyways, enjoy~♥

 

No matter how much Legion found themselves on the back foot against the omnipotent goddess they still refused to give up; even with only one of their arms left they continued attacking.

They of course still believed that giving Mother the initiative would be akin to lying down and asking directly for death so in truth they had no other chance. As such they continued to push their battered metal body to the extreme with their sword pointed directly to the divine entity's chest with all the energy they could spare.

Thankfully they had upgraded to such a level where flying was of no issue as they passively regenerated enough energy to feed such a powerful asset as flight. If not for being able to fly there was no way to reach Mother who simply just ‘stood’ motionlessly in the air since they had waved the undying flames away. At this point though, the {True God} didn’t even lift a hand up to confront the attack, merely letting the sword try to pierce through her chest. Like all the times before this was simply met with a *clank* as the giant’s greatsword collided with some kind of invisible barrier which made sure to keep the god and her clothing  perfectly protected at all times to the point where she still didn’t even have dirt on her wooden sandals.

Noticing the attack land on her the goddess just continued smiling warmly towards the pseudo-demon lord. She didn’t stop there either as she lifted her hands up to gently clap as if celebrating along with the demon despite nothing having been accomplished. That didn’t stop her from acting as if it were a great accomplishment though as she soon spoke in a jolly warm tone so that every single word was clearly heard.

“Congratulations, that one was definitely way stronger than your last attack, I sure if you keep this up you may even be able to put a scratch in my scales in a couple years!” <Mother>

Legion didn’t even bother replying to the cruel yet ironically positive as there had already been many words of compliment thrown towards them. It was only confusing at this point as even the spirit struggled to comprehend if this was truly the taunts of an overly strong foe or if the goddess truly meant what she said. Either way it didn’t matter to Legion as they hardly enjoyed being treated as a child by someone they were trying to cut down mercilessly.

They were almost thankful when Mother’s finger came to charge her powerful pure green mana coalesced upon the end of her finger.

Still, being on the receiving end of the attack, the armoured figure couldn't help shuddering since the power contained within the tiny orb was nothing short of terrifying. Although it was small in size, the technique seemed to focus massively on increasing the density of energy to the point where space began to crack. Just as noticeable was the phenomena where contrast in light intensity between the energy ball to the outside made it appear as if the world suddenly got far darker than it was prior.

Despite charging such a scary technique she managed to keep the warm smile she had pointed towards the far younger entity. Of course, the smile wasn’t the only thing she aimed at the ball right towards Legion while letting a soft laugh leave from her lips. Clearly she had enough of playing around as she aimed the attack right towards the giant's head leading to a cold sensation filling Promicarus’ slimy body.

“Well I suppose I gave you long enough to show off all you had learned, I’ll show you what I learned from my uncle as a reward. [Death Be-].” <Mother>

“NADA~!” <Eel>

In the corner of the two’s vision (though neither had open eyes since one was a slime inside a suit of armour and the other was Mother who never opened her eyes) was a flash of earth manner causing them to turn to look over there. Against all logic Elizabeth used her strong earth attribute to create a large pillar of earth right under her but at an angle thus launching her directly towards her supposed ancestor. Obviously she wasn’t preparing to hug her however since she was clearly holding her bone spear in her left hand with all the intention of using her momentum to skewer through the goddess’ chest.

Though even when compared to the power of Legions earlier thrusts the power behind the spear was miniscule so Mother just tilted her head with a warm smile. Truly looking like a tired adult who was dealing with their child's nonsense - this causing her to completely overlook something that made Legion tilt their head. The momentum of the girl remained steady even despite her being launched upwards which certainly shouldn’t be the case with gravity alone without even mentioning the force they were each radiating; especially that tiny ball of concentrated energy.

Still Mother cared not for the little dragon as she turned back to look at Legion only to suddenly feel a ‘prick’ through her heart and out the other side. Considering she could ‘see’ everything around her she obviously noticed that not only had the dragon pierced through her ‘shield’ but had even punctured right through her heart with surprisingly good aim.

“Ara…” <Mother>

Golden blood trailed down the spear that actually managed to skewer her as Mother remained motionless upon being run through. Seeing this amazing scene greatly improved the mood of the silent Legion however that improvement was only short lived since she proved herself to have the same stubborn life-force as Eel did. Soon enough Mother turned her head to face the little dragon with the same doting grin while keeping that calm tone in her voice.

“Certainly impressive you managed to get through my defences and I cannot say I fully understand how you did that, though I haven’t really looked into it, but I have to wonder if you are finally done~?” <Mother>

“Nah~!” <Eel>

Hearing that made both Mother & Legion confused as both assumed the girl to be even a little disappointed her last attack failed to do anything to mother.

Happy that everyone was focusing on her again, Eel managed to keep that smug smile on her face despite her entire body aching at this point. Using the last strength in her body she managed to actually lift her right arm though she could still barely do anything - fortunately manipulating momentum was something she had figured out how to use. Without her magic though there was unlikely to do much even if she moved her body through so she had no plans to use her momentum manipulation.

With her current skill level she found she was able to manipulate the momentum of one item which was useful for throwing items as well as using magic. Still it was only that, an additional asset that helped her increase speed, but it was only in her most desperate times she remembered when she ran away from Sohn-Tochter & Jeeves that she ended up using it to slow down her falling speed which made her thing…

Couldn’t she use it to instead keep her momentum when she was thrown up in the air not only keeping her going but even going through anything in her way? So she managed to keep her momentum even when something remained in front of her; namely Mother’s bosom. Even then she was aware that merely piercing through Mother would do little to stop the god since she herself found being stabbed little more than inconvenient let alone someone with way better regeneration like the {True God}.

That was why she waited till the goddess charged up some kind of bit attack so that she could do exactly what she did with her right hand. Eel, under the gaze of everyone, reached out towards the energy ball Mother had charged at the end of her finger causing obvious confusion to build. Afterall touching that concentrated may accomplish absolutely nothing at best and be akin to committing suicide at worse yet what happened was something neither expected.

Abruptly that ball of energy darted towards Mother’s face with no warning at all making the goddess lift her brow in shock while instinctively pulling away.

Thankfully that action let Elizabeth fall away with her spear still in hand as next-

*BLEEP*!” <Mother>

*BOO~M!*

-that little ball of concentrated pure mana exploded right in Mother’s face with the corona of explosion hurling both the tweens backwards far faster than either charged at her. It only took mere seconds for both to find themselves buried in one of the floating pieces of rubble as they too were sent flying back. Of course, everything was scorched black due to the heat of that mini sun easily burning away any signs of the prior battles while making sure that Eel would most certainly not see any of her equipment returning to her.

Even those approaching from the other end of the mountain range, those hiding in the shadows for a chance to jump in and the fox watching from the city couldn’t help being shocked. Although she wasn’t serious, that was still a surprisingly high level technique developed by the primordial serpent which certainly spoke wonders of its power even at its weakest. Having it go out of control made space around crack the expanding epicentre.

The only reason the {Void Beasts} didn’t show up was because those that were going to were instantly erased due to exiting at the worst point possible. Still, as amusing as it was, one girl cloaked within her shadows couldn’t help being amazed since a mere brat managed to make the scaleless bitch lose control of an attack.

<Alice is quite the advocate for focusing on control so, even if she was acting arrogantly as she usually does, it is certainly impressive to make her lose her grip… Quite unamusing I must say.>

Still there was one person able to speak out.

“Keep the receipt fufufu~!” <Eel>

One girl was very happy with herself.

Which faction do you support more?
  • Team Scaleless Bitch Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Little Black Cat Votes: 5 29.4%
Total voters: 17
4