Chapter 114: Those That Came Before
186 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hearing the short (yet very telling) title made the brow of the little dragox raise as they couldn’t help look toward the crimson tod with sparkling eyes.

<In a world with entities like Mother & Munzumria how strong do you need to be in order to be called the strongest of all~! If I can learn even a little about that person, I would be able to easily overpower Icky next time we fight against one another… There is also the whole “takedown Orrid once and for all” thing yet that feels like it can be done in an afternoon with how pathetic that so called “hero” ended up being.>

Those thoughts make their gaze all the more fierce. Although the journey through the mountains had been longer than the one toward them; it was impossible to ignore Promicarus’ presence in her life despite how brief their time together had been.

It certainly wasn’t in the same way that she would “never forget Emily & Leaf” however it was no less important to Eel than both of them. There was a lot to be said about their relationship, one would argue that they were better off as far away from one another as possible, yet Elizabeth Jr. couldn’t help grinning at the thought of meeting again.

<Next time we’ll meet I’ll be the one controlling the momentum of the fight fufufu~!>

Anyone could tell where Eel’s strengths lay - even after losing the blessing of mana they weren’t too concerned especially since they never focused on magic much. Not to mention she stood beside two of the most powerful entities (likely the strongest foxes since the dawn of time) who were willing to teach them everything they knew.

Did Promicarus get that?

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

 

Deep within the darkest depths of the {Spirit World} Promicarus was sitting at an old-fashioned secretaire positioned right in front of a lectern which in turn was in front of a blackboard. Upon the blackboard, there were already countless things written in chalk, yet Munzumira was using a tendril that came from their back to write even more.

This chalkboard also wasn’t a ‘little thing’ as it covered several metres in height and many more in width on top of being two sided - able to be flipped freely.

“So, as you no doubt see, despite many people not even realising the true purpose in the soul (that being as both glue and gluon between the mind & body) they are not that simple. Part of the reason you failed in your attempts to re-affix a soul to the body is due to the lack of information mortals possess when it comes to matters of the soul. You must remember this as it will be very important when it comes to reuniting with your beloved once again, so ensure you take notes on the intricacies, I may not be there to help you when the time comes.” <Munzumira>

Despite apparently being the most evil thing - since the invention of pull doors on the inside of a bathroom forcing one to dirty their hands after cleaning them - Munzumira was quite eager to teach. As they continued on with their lecture they gesticulated a lot with their hands; almost as if guiding Promicarus on a journey through the topic.

A particular line made the gyaru pause her feathered quill to; something that didn’t go unnoticed by the ruler of all spirits.

“Did you not catch that?” <Munzumira>

They remained motionless for a second, just looking toward this parent of theirs for a while, before finally shaking their head. Munzimira was going to continue the lesson however the wannabe demon lord spoke up for the first time since being cast into the abyss. Their cautious tone coming along with a pair of narrowed eyes, showing a level of vigilance that they would never have shown before… Well getting smacked down by Mother for a solid 5 minutes or so; hard to keep track of time when being manhandled by a MILF like that.

“Why wouldn’t you be around?” <Promicarus>

Perceiving the complex meaning within that question made Munzumira’s brow raise with a steadily intensifying frown - letting Promicarus stew in the silence for a while.

“So when discussing the soul, we must also consider the state of the other two building blocks, the first place to start would be looking into the brain. Despite misconceptions; the brain is the anchor point for the soul, therefore a mere conduit to achieve connection with the mind yet not the same thing entirely. The brain being an organ of the physical while the mind is the highest state of the immaterial.” <Munzumira>

There was no answer to the question, nevertheless Promicarus didn’t stay held up on said question for very long as their quill soon flew across the paper.

Even if Munzumira was willing to help her, she likely wouldn’t accept, there were some things you needed to do yourself and suffering was one of those things. Although she didn’t enjoy it - she was the reason for her parents' unorthodox style of child rearing as one that they chose after a lot of consideration. It also was not as if Munzimra was the one actively making her situation worse; she merely just took advantage of the harshness of the world to help temper her children.

As such there was no hesitation in taking this as a chance to massively improve with one of the strongest entities since the beginning of time watching over her shoulder.

Did Eel get that?

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

 

Despite the pestering looks Eel gave Bloodleaf - he refused to cave.

Or, rather, he began to act strangely after he made mention of the supposed {Strongest} person who he apparently liked so much. His hands came up to clutch at the sides of his head - forming claws that he racked through his scalp - as he let out a low pitch growl. Body subtly but surely twitching as if something was about to break out of him.

Before he could make any actual movements - an all too familiar weapon came down on his head with a hefty *thump*. Fortunately Alexis hit her brother with the flat side of the blade else he would be having a stronger reaction than slowly turning around with a menacing growl. Nevertheless an arcane circle glowed atop the tod’s head which resulted in his eyes reeling back as he came colliding with the ground.

Alexis seemingly didn’t care about that as she just stepped over him and motioned for Eel to follow her, something she did if far more careful when stepping over the sleeping fox.

“She was indeed someone who had no use or wanted to use anything like mana and spiritual energy even if she was also unable to utilise them as an oni. As a warrior, of that proud war waging race, they were nothing less than the peak specimen in more ways than one. While most oni end up using intent - they didn’t even need that in order to put fear into even the most primordial of gods.” <Alexis>

At first it was clear that Eel had no idea what Alexis was talking about; very quickly it became apparent it was the so-called {Strongest} who she was evidently interested in. As such, she unconsciously hurried up, quickly catching up to walk beside Alexis with a child-like gleam in her eyes that matched her physical age quite well. She didn’t even realise that they had steadily climbed a smoother slope until they found themselves walking through a plantation of countless strawberries.

Seeing that girl's excitement - how could Alexis not break out into a little chortle - reaching out to gently rub the girl's ears with a tenderness only one's parent could provide.

“It wasn’t as if there was nothing special about her; in fact she did have the [Flames of Destruction] that the oni royal family were infamous for using. Flames you no doubt understand the weight of - unlike you she was a natural at using them as she quickly made them her own. See, when one gains a certain proficiency with those flames, they obtain their own unique variant.” <Alexis>

That certainly made Eel’s tails perk up as this was something directly relating to the ability that probably only came second to her regeneration in terms of times it saved her life.

“The exterior of the flames stays that same vivid violet, however the inner and hottest part of the flame becomes a colour unique to that particular prince or princess… Well - at this point - it’s only princess as the oni were seemingly the race that lost the most during the great wars. They were the race who were always most feared by the primordials thus they took their chance to cripple them.” <Alexis>

She said with a sigh, shaking her head with clear sadness prevailing her tone, eyes clearly focused more on the long forgotten past than what was in front of her. Seeing their curiosity had brought such mournfulness to Alexis made Eel feel equal parts remorseful.

Nevertheless, Alexis had had a long time to get over the passing of her allies, although the past is something that will never leave it is also something that should stay where it belongs.

“You know; you actually remind me a lot of her when she was your age so maybe that's because Mother was as scared as she was. There are said to be only two people that Mother is afraid to fight; one is Navy while the other is said to be her. I don’t know how true that is, though ohohoho~!” <Alexis>

That laugh helped to lighten things up - just in time as the distracted dragox found herself clipping a wooden step of a porch she didn't see coming. Landing flat on her face to the amusement of the Vixen who let out another merry laugh.

A moment that promptly removed any resourcefulness Eel had.

2