Chapter 116: Back To The Team
187 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Meanwhile, back in the capital of Gobberz, Eel Jr.'s team were just approaching the entrance to the massive casino like ‘castle’.

Although nothing exactly bad happened - Fuka couldn’t help finding herself very distracted with all that had happened since entering the city. Occasionally casting a glance back into the city from which they had come before also looking down at where her shield used to be. Unconsciously, she couldn’t help mumbling her thoughts out loud.

I really need ta buy a new shield…” <Fuka>

It was exactly at that moment where she suddenly felt the grasp of death, eagerly gripping upon her heels and thus causing her to fall still, slowly turning her head backwards. What she spotted wasn’t a fearsome dragon nor a lich; instead there was the little figure of the ever so sleepy Emily.

There was simply a smile on her face with her eyes closed - head slightly tilted to one side - as she giggled lightly. Something about that only made the half-goblin shiver as if she found herself back in the pond behind {Elizabeth’s Paradise} during winter. If anything, she found this smiling face far more intimidating than even that of Mother’s smile, making her take a few steps backward.

“W-what?” <Fuka>

“Hm...? Just thinking, it must be really easy to find a better crafter than me in a wonderful & rich city like this, especially considering it’s Chaos who leads them...” <Emily>

“Should be.” <Lyada>

Lyada nodded her head confidently in agreement with Emily; clearly not bothering to look past the surface level which, in turn, only made Fuka feel even more pressure from that cute smile. If anything she had to admit that Emily certainly learned a lot from Elizabeth Jr.. This had to be one of the most dangerous traps that Fuka had ever experienced within her, like, 13 years of  life.

Fortunately, if there was one thing that Fuka was good at, it was taking in the small little indications to use to her advantage. Making sure to start walking toward the castle once more as she nervously spoke up with a big smile on her face.

“Ah, ya overthinkin’ it, I only meant ta look for the metals I need for repairs ‘n get ya ta make me that brand new shield I’ll need ta take on bigger baddies.” <Fuka>

“Ah~ I see…” <Emily>

“Phew…” <Fuka>

With that Fuka had managed to avoid disaster.

Though, as they approached the entrance, the crowd only seemed to grow more & more. There were maybe thousands of people walking both too (as well as from) the grand monolith of debauchery that was the home of the magical god.

That didn’t stop them from making their way through the horde - Fuka deftly taking advantage of her sturdy frame to effortlessly push through. Tasking herself to create a path for both Lyada & Emily who would struggle without her; obviously Emily not standing a chance to get through if not for Fuka. As such they actually managed to arrive at the door in a rather quick fashion (seemingly making far greater progress without the god of Chaos dragging them back).

The entrance itself was just as fantastical as the rest of the structure. It was made up of a large archway that appeared to have a white marble base that had grooves all the way along - the raised marble having colourful stripes that interchanged between a few different colours. Essentially making it so the archway looked like a bunch of poker chips that were stacked upon one another. a large rectangular mat lay half out the door, appearing to be a massive Joker playing card with Chaos instead, welcoming everyone inside its halls.

Strangely there appeared to be no security of any kind however.

This face did make the team raise a brow - nevertheless - they headed inside to see what all the commotion was about. Yet, what they saw when they entered the lobby made Lyada freeze up with shock clear across her face, rather uncharacteristically.

Fuka had no clue since she was walking ahead but Emily was behind Lyada so bumped into her - peering out from her back while rubbing her head only to see a large painting. It may have been an odd choice of decor for a place like this, albeit hardly a discombobulating one for the supposed god of chaos.

“What’s wrong…?” <Emily>

Hearing that voice in turn made Fuka look around to see Lyada staring up at the portrait. Although the frame was certainly spectacular; what really grabbed people's attention was the ever confident figure who was depicted there. Wearing a type of militaristic uniform which was rarely seen in the mostly armour driven world of Imperia.

Upon their lap was a disgusting mutilated black cat that appeared to even have ‘stripes’ of rotten blue flesh all across their back. That cat even having a tail that seemed far shorter than it otherwise should have for its (malnourished) size - indicating that too was likely just as wounded.

There was even a clear bite taken out of one of the cats drooping ears.

The figure didn’t seem to care as they were sat upon a large leather chair with one hand resting upon the cat's head - seemingly mid pet - while the other rested on the chair arm. Using that latter arm to support their rather sharp chin that supported a slovenly smile on some plump lips above. In the background there wasn’t anything actually depicted though - instead just sporting a navy to indigo gradient.

There was even a strange tool handle that even Emily didn’t recognise peaking ever so slightly from under their armpit. Still, their most noticeable trait was a pair of large bubble-gum pink lenses that made it seem like they were constantly watching them all through the paper.

“Do ya recognise them?” <Fuka>

“Yea…” <Lyada>

“But we don’t… Did you meet them on a job or something…?” <Emily>

Tilting her head cutely as she tapped her chin; clearly pondering when the bunny hybrid would have had the opportunity to meet someone so unique looking.

Lyada looked around for a moment before shaking their head ever so heavily… Then nothing. The three just stood there in a completely awkward silence as both Emily & Fuka patiently waited for Lyada to obviously fill them in on the details.

“So?” <Fuka>

Now it was Lyada who tilted her head to one side - one of her ears flopping down.

“Where did you meet them…?” <Emily>

“Ah… Met in mountain town; ended up killing all guards before beating Alexis.” <Lyada>

“Wait, they beat Alexis?!” <Fuka>

“They must be very strong…” <Emily>

“Yea[ɔoɯɯɐ]that indeed  sounds a lot like mumsy[ɔoɯɯɐ] she will do just about anything for enough money [sbnᴉƃƃlʎ-lᴉuǝ] [ɟnll sʇod]” <Ɔɥɐos s Ⅎɐnsʇ>

Suddenly hearing that voice (after making sure that Chaos wasn’t around) made the trio jump upon being startled by him; Lyada certainly being shocked as she certainly didn’t want to be questioned. Turning around showed the mini-sage to be standing right behind them. Fuka - shocked for another reason - pointing towards the androgynus ‘mumsy’ inside the portrait.

“That’s a girl!” <Fuka>

In response, Chaos just motioned to himself, that cheshire grin always present on his face still.

“And I am a guy [pɐsɥ] your point being [sbnᴉƃƃlʎ-lᴉuǝ] [Qnǝsʇᴉou-ɯɐɹʞ]” <Ɔɥɐos s Ⅎɐnsʇ>

“... Y’know what? Fair.” <Fuka>

It was then that some kind of beast-kin, obviously having had one too many to drink, began to bumblingly wander over toward the picture with other voices egging him on. Emily seemed to want something, however Chaos hushed her with his finger before pointing back to the man - clearly showing that he noticed the drunk's actions. The man used his alcohol-filled glass to throw its content towards the painting only for a black barrier to appear leading to crimson sparks raining down on the man.

“ARHGHGH!”

His pained scream echoed through the entire gambling fort causing his friends to all go bleach white yet, before anyone could do anything, he was reduced to literally nothing but some smoke. Chaos just shaking their head slightly with a chuckle.

“Amazing how many people do not expect that to happen [sbnᴉƃƃlʎ-lᴉuǝ] [ɟnll sʇod]” <Ɔɥɐos s Ⅎɐnsʇ>

Seeing that was done - Chaos turned to look toward the still strangely skittish Lyada with his own head soon falling to one side.

“No need to lose your head over this [pɐsɥ] it’s not like she was putting her neck out for her job or anything like that [pɐsɥ] let us finally head in [sbnᴉƃƃlʎ-lᴉuǝ] [Ǝxɔlɐɯɐʇᴉou-ɯɐɹʞ]” <Ɔɥɐos s Ⅎɐnsʇ>

Chaos was certainly not helping in making Lyada calm down either.

Thankfully nobody stayed focused on the hyena-rabbit-kin for much longer as the lively nature of the casino-cum-castle made it impossible not to have one's eyes wander. Unlike outside, which was more akin to a lawless bazaar, inside the {Glücksspiel der Entropie} there were countless people fully dressed in various types of finery from many different cultures. From silver rings around their limbs with bare chests with various colourful tattoo’s to the usual cotton shirts embroidered with gold; all to show their wealth.

“Welcome to where the wealthiest come to lose [sbnᴉƃƃlʎ-lᴉuǝ] [Ǝxɔlɐɯɐʇᴉou-ɯɐɹʞ]” <Ɔɥɐos s Ⅎɐnsʇ>

Who would win (requirements of your choice ;p)
  • Chaos J Faust Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Dreamer Votes: 9 90.0%
Total voters: 10
3