Chapter 123: Lessons From Chaos
211 13 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As it should, time passed quite quickly for the team of young heroes as they learned, for none this was more obvious than for the little succubus variant.

This being due to the specification of what she was learning.

Within a world of twisted halls and aberrant stairs (that would make a möbius strip appear simple) Emily was clutching her forehead while trying to shake away any sleep she retained. She didn’t look as if she had been pushed particularly far - looking even healthier than she did when she first arrived in the debauched territory of sin.

It was obvious something was bothering her as her bottom lip was upturned in a cute pout. Not that her supposed teacher took much notice of that, nor of all the books surrounding her, as Chaos hummed to himself while his dainty hands held a very un-dainty blacksmithing hammer.

The hammer was hefty - easily bigger than either of their hands - yet he handled it deftly & with obvious skill that quickly helped awaken the little bovine. Pounding a piece of metal into shape before opening his mouth; a stream of flames (with a black exterior & crimson core) washed over the metal. Seemingly removing all progress he previously made with his blows. That didn’t seem to concern the jovial demon god as he continued pounding without an ounce of sweat on his face.

Not only was he doing this but also had a series of books floating about his head, covered in that familiar colour scheme that denoted his attunement, as he occasionally flicked his hand about. This seemingly simple movement is what he used to make alterations to a grand arcane circle that was easily the size of a house and far beyond what she could understand.

Rather than the idol of divine worship from all artefact crafters; he seemed more like a grand conductor guiding an equally splendid symphony.

“Gott erhalte vater den Kaiser,

Unsern guten Kaiser vater!

Lange lebe vater, der Kaiser,

In des Glückes hellstem Glanz!

Ihm erblühen Lorbeerreiser,

Wo er geht, zum Ehrenkranz!

Gott erhalte vater den Kaiser,

Unsern guten Kaiser vater~♪” <Chaos>

An impression that was strengthened when his lips parted.

There was nothing to complain about, even if she could not understand his words, as his voice easily carried the song he sang. It was certainly a more refreshing way to wake up than having Leaf’s face just silently looking down at you. Probably one of the worst habits the nymph had.

Everything came together in this performance. The rhythm of the metallic *PANG*s split by the gushing of fire out of his mouth combined with the sound of him turning pages & the melodic hum of the magic circle as he had it rotate as to edit. He didn’t “just sing” but made an entire musical performance which only the little disciple of his would be able to see.

Not turning to look toward the little cow yet letting her freely look over his performance; her wandering around as she took a deeper look into the mystifying recital of a lifetime.

Feeling her comprehension of the arts of a crafter deepened just from watching him.

In the documents she inherited from her aunty, killed too early due to the treachery of a false hero, there were mentions that the dwarves offered Mother naught. They did not even look at {The Heavens} when it came to their prayers. Instead they took on Chaos J Faust and his parents as their patron gods which gave them a closer understanding of spirits & the world of magic.

Dwarves are beings who naturally have weak magical abilities however through their worship they discover a deeper understanding of the language of the world itself. A feat that allowed them to craft items of such power that no other race in the mortal world would dare turn their nose up at them.

It even made mention that the only race that didn’t suffer tragedies (in the form of Jeeves) were the dwarves who were able to somehow ward off the monster. Although originally Emily didn’t exactly trust such a biassed retelling, living in Orrid led it hard to judge what information was true or false, she couldn’t help wondering what the home of dwarves were like.

“The dwarves certainly are a hardy batch; the only race to openly worship a demon god and not get in trouble for it hahaha~!” <Chaos>

As if reading Emily’s mind - Chaos finally finished his grant concert with one last hefty bang - those glowing glyphs coming down to burn themselves into the metal. Yet  he pulled a tarp over it before she could peak into the product. Refusing to show her an unfinished item; especially when it was something for the upcoming “rematch” between two heads vying for the title of strongest.

With this… Never mind destroying immortality; she should be able to distort common sense itself.” <Chaos>

“Even if they respect mein Vater they also see him for he is; greedy to the point he even travelled into the past just for a few more credits! Considering they have never gotten along with dragons, greed isn’t something they respect, even if they are probably just as greedy as scalies. Meanwhile they don’t have mama as a patron since she doesn’t like to eat food-” <Chaos>

“Wait, the only reason the dwarves chose you over Munzumira is because they she doesn’t eat food, how does that make sense?!” <Emily>

The usually timid Emily couldn’t help expressing her disbelief to her teacher; not even bothering with the fact his speech pattern had completely changed from when they were outside.

“Cheheheh~ they love to party and there is no party without alcohol as well as food however since mama can’t eat solid foods… Plus she has to take all those brats. Can’t be off her tiny tits when she has to take care of a realm filled with little kids that need an army of attention.” <Chaos>

Stating proudly only to suddenly shudder as the shadows around his own private realm began to tremble with all the turbulence of a stormy sea. A terrifying aura filled every inch of the seemingly endless world that made even the demon god shiver. Not that he let that break his mood.

“Hahaha~ I’m in danger.” <Chaos>

“I… I have a question from the documents I was looking through while training…” <Emily>

Seeing as this was a chance to escape from his mother’s karmic justice; Chaos happily turned to his disciple with a face that showed no guild. Then again, it was difficult  to actually see his face, he wore his usual ridiculously large brimmed wizard hat.

“There is no question you cannot ask~!” <Chaos>

“Well… Souls are pieces of energy that cannot be permanently destroyed, even if shattered, those shards will return to reincarnation... Right?” <Emily>

“Indeedy~!” <Chaos>

“Then what happened to the souls belonging to all those primordial g-” <Emily>

Before she could finish Chaos appeared in front of her - covering the little succubus’ mouth - with more urgency she saw than Beth scurrying to hide the alcohol she “procured” from others. This made her widen her eyes in surprise and with the obvious question. Chaos didn’t focus on her as he instead looked around for a moment as if trying to see if anything was wrong… Or rather he was looking for anything that perfectly melded into the background.

“You can ask any question but that question - it is a question that both Violet & Mother do not judge the need to ask so you shouldn’t. It would be hard to protect you from the one who watched the watchers and is currently waiting. Fortunately only people I trust have access to this place; however you never know if those who embrace death could have snuck in.” <Chaos>

Letting out a sigh of relief while turning around to look back over his forge.

“I have told you that there are a total of ten positions which belong to the strongest demon gods - each one represents a sin with their link to that sin adding strength to them. An evolution of the [Emotion Engine] that makes oni such terrifying fighters. I sit in the seat of ignorance due to being the one who is surrounded by ignorance?” <Chaos>

“Y-yes, the sibling sin of knowledge who gifted the entire realm with evil cultivation of your mama according to a deal with Mother, but why are you bringing this up…?” <Emily>

He just shook his head while pulling one of the floating books down to flick through the pages.

“Ignorance is the sin that has saved many people even if they are ignorant of it; too much knowledge is a sin for a very good reason.” <Chaos>

“What are the other nine positions, who is in them and does the group have a name?” <Emily>

Hearing that - after having just warned her about the importance of ignorance - made even the Lord of Faustian pause completely. Freezing in place for a solid moment despite being the manifestation of Chaos itself. An unknown feeling burned inside the trap's chest; causing him to burst out into laughter.

“Chehehe~! This is exactly why I chose you, other than big sis, you have the strongest connection to the sin of lust that I have ever seen. Even after all my warnings you still lust for knowledge unknown to even the archons themselves~!” <Chaos>

Even the shadows hiding under the many stairs of this realm trembled - seemingly chuckling at the shameless actions of the cow.

“I’ll do you one better then~!” <Chaos>

“Better…?” <Emily>

“What is more important than knowledge? A way to gather it chehehehe~!”

Having said that he actually proceeded to take off his hat; shoving his entire arm into the hole that certainly didn’t seem sizable enough. Fiddling around for quite some time while Emily could only look at him with her sleepy eyes. She didn’t get a chance to ask the obvious question before he pulled out a large tome covered in dragon scales patched together.

“Of my siblings I am the only one who has been able to delve into my mama’s research into space-time due to it being a topic that the archons heavily frowned upon… Except Violet who doesn’t really give a shit other than the fact Sohn-Tochter gets annoyed by it. Makes her job very messy. Although at the same time my twin-sin & big sis Lizzy have their own methods to look into such knowledge - the former being obvious while the latter is the entity with access to all thoughts!” <Chaos>

Putting his iconic hat back onto his head as he blew the dust from the ancient tome.

“Just getting to the information is the easy part however as it holds even greater complexity than the illusion magic which Mother is so proud of… Ah, here we are, special relativity~!” <Chaos>

Pulling a bookmark out from under his hat to place on the page; making sure he wouldn’t lose it as if sure he would need to go over it multiple times. Something that didn’t exactly make Emily feel great however at the same time she could hardly complain with how much he was hyping it up.

“With it you will be able to travel between even the void like we do… Now should we start with your understanding of basic theoretical mathematics? The equation for this is quite important. Then again you can only rely on equations so much - do you know what a train or vacuum is? No, wait, why waste time when we have so much to do! We’ll have to use this as a chance to train your control over lust~!” <Chaos>

“Erm… I do have one more question before we start with this…?” <Emily>

“Hm~? Sure as long as it’s not one that’ll get you put on a divine hitlist of a murder hobo again~!” <Chaos>

Even if she shuddered at that unexpected jab - she still continued to ask her question.

“Why am I wearing a suit…?” <Emily>

“Because everyone knows I look better in the dress~!” <Chaos>

Saying that; he gave Emily a twirl in his female magician outfit (with a far too short mini skirt) as she just stood there in her magicians tuxedo.

3