Chapter 16: The Prince of First High
11.2k 11 169
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 16: The Prince of First High

Once the group walks away from the two, the Lao Ban came back with the duo’s ingredients.

 

“Alright, let’s eat now.” Lu Chen starts to place the meat and vegetable onto the grill as nothing has occurred to them. Zhang Jian’s face twitches from how nonchalant his best friend is acting.

 

As the delicious meat aroma coming off of the grill fills the table, Lu Chen sighs, “ Just say what you want. You look like your going to explode if I don’t let you say it.”

 

“Alright then, brother Chen. Why didn’t you lash out at Long Shen for just flaunting off your girl right in front of you?” if he was in his shoes, Zhang Jian would have decked Long Shen right on the face.

 

Lu Chen munch on some vegetables and said calmly, “What good would it do if I just lash out at him again?”

 

“Hah?”

 

“Zhang Jian, you have to remember that Long Shen isn’t somebody ordinary. He’s the prince of our school. What would happen if I attack him right now?”

 

“?!”

 

“So you finally get it. I would have been the villain if I went against him. And the people in the restaurant wouldn’t know about our history. But just looking at our appearances, I’m always going to be the villain.”

 

Long Shen could be considered to be like a protagonist coming out of a novel in a sense. While he comes from a middle-class background, he had excellent grades that got him a scholarship to get into first high.

 

Even though he is smart, he doesn’t flaunt his grade around. He is compassionate and gentle to everybody that’s around him. He captures the adoration of both student and teacher at school. Long Shen was literally a walking anime character coming to life.

 

“Everybody knows Long Shen’s popularity is one that could even go against the forces of nature.” Zhang Jian already realizes that his influence in school was too strong, “But what I don’t get is why you backed off when you know he was flaunting your ex-girl crush in front of your face.”

 

Even though Lu Chen doesn’t have a crush on Liu Fei Fei now, what Long Shen unconsciously did was like a slap onto Lu Chen’s face. It was like flaunting that Liu Fei Fei was his girl and to back off.

Lu Chen only smirks sinisterly at what he said, “First, as you said, Liu Fei Fei is my ex-crush. Second, relax. I won’t be attacking him head-on. I’m gonna do something else to them.” He already knew that Long Shen will “unconsciously” flaunt Liu Fei Fei right in front of his face. He could only laugh at how childish it was.

 

Seeing how evil the smirk was, Zhang Jian brows furrows, “ Brother Chen, you’re not planning to kick Long Shen out of school, are you?” That was the only idea he could think of when he saw Lu Chen smirking.

 

“Of course not! Are you stupid? If I did get Long Shen to expel from school, I would be the first person people will suspect.”

 

The number of times Lu Chen butt heads with Long Shen over Liu Fei Fei was immeasurable to the point that it’s a daily occurrence around the school. Lu Chen knew that if Long Shen was gonna be kicked out, it would be bad for him. Everybody will definitely point at him to be the primary suspect.

 

Zhang Jian chuckles as he was relieved that his brother wasn’t that rash with his plan, but he became interested, “Then how are you going to settle things with him then?” 

 

Lu Chen only gives a smile to Zhang Jian, signaling him to wait and see.

169