Chapter 28: King Of Shamelessness
10.5k 7 171
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 28: King Of Shamelessness

"Hmm?" Lu Chen turns to Zhang Jian, and when he heard the question, he nods his head. "If I was really pissed off at what he said in the beginning, I would have decked the fatty from the start." Lu Chen swore he would never let anybody harm his friends and family. He could careless be cussed at. But when he curses his friends out, that was a different story.

 

When he saw Lu Chen's serious look in his eyes, Zhang Jian grins more at how much his friend changed. He jokes, "But didn't you tell me not to act so rashly? You do know that Long Shen is wary of you now, right?"

 

“Of course, I know that. I acted on instinct." What Lu Chen did was pretty stupid now that he had time to think about it. Before, he had the upper advantage as Long Shen still thought of him as a naive and reckless person. Lu Chen was off of Long Shen's radar. But with the stunt he pulled, it literally puts him onto his threat radar.

 

But even if I'm on his radar, I still have the advantage. Long Shen still has to keep up with his princely image, so he can't do much against Lu Chen. Also, Lu Chen knows what happens in the future and will always be a step ahead.

 

Zhang Jian notices the evil grin that Lu Chen was making. He changes the topic, “Anyways, brother Chen, we forget to pay for our meal tho.” Lu Chen suddenly walking out of the restaurant, made Zhang Jian quickly follow him, and he forget to pay the bill.

 

“DIdn’t you hear what Long Shen said? He said he was going to pay the bill for all of us.” Lu Chen smiles as he felt happy that he didn’t need to pay. It was even better than Long Shen was paying for it.

 

“ Wow, I never knew that you were this shameless, brother Chen.” Not only was he dissed by his enemy. Long Shen’s even paying for our meal as well. Wow, it adds a nice cherry on top for brother Chen’s revenge.

 

Zhang Jian also realizes something as he grins happily, “Then brother Chen, don’t you still owe me a meal still?”

 

Lu Chen’s brows furrow as he looks at him,  “DIdn’t we just eat a meal two minutes ago?!”

 

“Yeah, we did eat a meal before. But you weren’t the one paying for that one tho.” Zhang Jian grins turn even wider as he continues, “ That means you still owe me a meal.”

 

Lu Chen couldn't believe what Zhang Jian had just said. His mouth was gaping at the shamelessness he is witnessing.

 

“And you call me shameless? If I'm shameless, then you’re the king of Shameless!”

"No, if I was the king of shamelessness, I would have bought a lot more. I would make Long Shen bankrupt by buying up all of the meat in the restaurant." Zhang Jian said with the biggest grin ever, without any shame at all.

 

Lu Chen starts to walk even faster away, not wanting people around to know that he was associated with Zhang Jian.

 

Zhang Jian continues to complain to Lu Chen about owing him a meal. This kept going on as they walk back to school. Seeing that Lu Chen wasn’t going to crack, he asks something else.

 

“Fine, you don’t need to treat me to a meal. But I want to know what you are planning now?” Zhang Jian knew that Lu Chen was planning something, but he didn’t know what it was.

 

“You don’t need to know what I’m planning?” Lu Chen knew more people in the situation wouldn't be beneficial. It would make unnecessary people being brought into this mess.

 

“Tell me, tell me, tell me! If you don’t, I'm gonna annoy you for the rest of your life!” Zhang Jian screams, and everybody around the street was looking at them.

 

Lu Chen's eyes were twitching, and he grabs him by the corner and tries to drag him away. But he wasn’t budging. Lu Chen’s current strength wasn't enough to move the athletic Zhang Jian.

 

Seeing that Zhang Jian wasn’t gonna move, Lu Chen sighs as he said,

 

“Fine, follow me.”

171