Chapter 87: I will always be your big brother
8.5k 7 145
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 87: I will always be your big brother

"I have this question on my mind for a while now. But why did you break away from the three of us?" This had been on his mind when Liu Fei Fei and Luo Ai had come to their table. Did something happen between Luo Ai and her? From how Ye Meixiu had treated Luo Ai, somebody might have occurred behind his back. Out of the four of them, if Lu Chen has to say who was the most oblivious to what's going on in the background, it's him.

 

When Ye Meixiu heard his question, she looks down to the floor. She didn't want to tell him. Ye Meixiu couldn't just tell her love for him was the reason for her disappearing from the group. That would be a confession and embarrassment altogether in one. 

 

Silence starts to loom again onto the two. 

 

Noticing the silence was starting again with awkwardness to top it off, Lu Chen knew he messed up. He begins to pat her head as he says, "Meixiu, you don't need to say anything about it if you don't want to talk about it."

 

"But brother Chen." Ye Meixiu looks up at him, feeling guilty for not being able to say her reason.

 

Lu Chen shook his head, "Meixiu, you have your reasons why you disappeared, and I will respect that. You came back, and that's what matters." From how hard Ye Meixiu was mulling, it made Lu Chen realize it was something big. He might have to ask Luo Ai about it later.

 

"I can't tell you what you can and can't do. But remember, I will always have your back. After all, I'm your big brother." Lu Chen continues with a big smile on his face.

 

"Big brother." Ye Meixiu wanted to break into tears right now. One, from how kind Lu Chen was, the other, from the sadness of how he keeps treating her as a little sister. But she didn't as she hugs him very tightly.

 

"Aww, little sis. Don't cry." Thinking that Ye Meixiu might start crying, Lu Chen rubs her head even more as he tries to comfort her.

 

Hearing the words, "Little sis," coming out of his mouth again made Ye Meixiu's heart sting. Hmpf. She slowly moves her mouth closer to Lu Chen's ear as she whispers, "Meanie."

 

That one word was destructive. Even though it's a simple word, Lu Chen could feel Ye Meixiu's heat and breath on his ear. 

 

Gkjkldjelqkm. Lu Chen immediately moves his face away from Ye Meixiu. And when he did, he saw Ye Meixiu making a victory smile.

 

Before Ye Meixiu could even bask in the victory, she got a big helping of her cheeks being pinched. 

 

"Little brat! Who taught you to do that?! Tell me, or I'm going to turn your cheeks into mochi!" That sudden attack was bad for Lu Chen's heart. His heart almost skipped a beat! But importantly for him,

 

Who dared to teach my little sister how to do this. I'm going to slaughter that bastard! The battle between the two seems to have started again. This time it lasted all the way to the school gates.

 

When Lu Chen and Ye Meixiu walked towards the school gates, some of the other students also came back. And all of them started to look at the two. It's like a spotlight had been shining on the two. The students gaze at Lu Chen and Ye Meixiu like they're models walking down a runway. Or maybe more similar to a wedding ceremony with the bride and groom walking down the floor with how Ye Meixiu was holding onto Lu Chen's arm.

 

Lu Chen had already accepted the students were going to gawk at him once he came back. But he never expected it to be this much! This is all due to Ye Meixiu acting so close with Lu Chen. The stares instantly went up by 200 percent!

 

He decides to make a wise decision of taking some distance away from Ye Meixiu, trying to make it seem like the two aren't together.

Ye Meixiu notices the sudden distance between her and her brother Chen as she asks, “Brother Chen, why are you moving so far away from me?” Moving even closer to him, Ye Meixiu tightly grapples onto Lu Chen’s arm.

 

Meixiu, can’t you see you’re forcing your big brother onto death row. Do you not notice the guy’s bloodlust?! He tries to push Ye Meixiu’s arm off of him.  But it felt like he was trying to take off an iron crane. What the?! What kind of grip strength does she have?! Since she isn’t budging, Lu Chen had no choice but to pull his secret technique.

145