Chapter 113: YOU. ARE. SIN-GLE!
7.3k 18 115
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 113: YOU. ARE. SIN-GLE!

"Are you absolutely positive the two of you aren't dating?" Zhang Jian continues to look at him suspiciously. If it is still no, from the embarrassed reaction, Zhang Jian can tell Ye Meixiu has feelings for Lu Chen. But then, the problem. It looks like Lu Chen hasn't realized her feelings.

 

Why do people keep putting me and Ye Meixiu together? Elder Wu, Luo Ai, and now his best friend. The three of them kept insisting if Ye Meixiu and he were a thing, and he felt tired of it. He shook his head at his friend as he explained, "Meixiu and I aren't dating. Besides, I see her as my snotty little sister, and she sees me as her reliable big brother."

 

"Really?" She sees you as a big brother, huh? Oh, dammit, you are the latter. Zhang Jian couldn't believe his friend is this dim-witted about the girl's actual feelings for him. He couldn't help but laugh at the whole situation Lu Chen was in as well.

 

This whole situation is just so stupid. Not only are you the childhood friend of the three, but you also fell in love with a girl who wants nothing to do with you. While the other girl, who is just as beautiful, is smitten by you. What is this! A melodramatic soap opera! Hah, my brother, is your brain really that dense to not realize the entire situation earlier!

 

“But brother Chen, you should actually get a girlfriend really soon if you don’t want all of this to keep happening.” Zhang Jian suggests to him.

 

“Why?” Lu Chen stares at him like he was hit in the head. He knew why Zhang Jian and Ye Meixiu wanted him to find a girlfriend to fill the void Liu Fei Fei had left. But Lu Chen knew nobody will be able to fill that void, and he seriously doesn't want one.

 

“I know you don’t want one. But I mean, having a girlfriend would help you a lot. You do realize all of the gawking from the peanut gallery and stuff like that would go down, right?” The number of stares from the peanut gallery is enough to make any regular person fearful of it. And he could tell Lu Chen was about to go crazy from it as well.

 

"Hah?" Lu Chen wanted to ask how a girlfriend will help stop the stares, and Zhang Jian cuts him off, "My good man, sit first. Then I will explain."

 

Lu Chen sits in his seat, "This better be good."

 

Zhang Jian shakes his head, “Think about it. Even a child can figure it out. The reason why the girls are looking at you like you're fresh meat is this: YOU. ARE. SIN-GLE! Not only that, you’re rich to top it all off. Do you know why Long Shen isn’t being stared at crazily by those girls? It’s because Liu Fei Fei became a warding talisman, blocking off any predators after him.”

 

Unlike people like him and Gao Jinhai, who thrive from the attention they get from the girls, they were also given the title playboy. The title was like a warning, which makes them not sought after for long term relationships. That lowers the amount of attention they get from the girls. Most female students are looking at guys that are faithful and stay with them forever. So Zhang Jian wasn't a candidate for this at all.

 

However, people like Lu Chen and Long Shen were the perfect candidates for long term relationships. 

 

Zhang Jian heard some rumors that some of the girls valued Lu Chen’s devotion to Liu Fei Fei. Despite his questionable behavior around the school, it didn’t change the student’s realization of his faithfulness to the empress. The only reason why Lu Chen wasn’t gawked at was his looks and prideful personality. But now that he's handsome, and his temperament seemed to mellow out. That is why Lu Chen is getting so much attention from the girls now.

 

To be honest, Lu Chen and Long Shen are similar in almost every way. Handsome, cunning, and sharp. There were definitely some differences, but much more similarities.

 

While Zhang Jian was thinking of this, Lu Chen raises his brows, “And you think Ye Meixiu would be girlfriend material for me?” He sighs, “Trust me. Ye Meixiu is a little sister. The two of us won’t be together.”

115