Chapter 282: Raging
4.1k 2 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 282: Raging

Lu Chen bows and many of the reporters took pictures of this. 

 

Taking over a dead company. Then promises to change the company for the better. That would be newsworthy.

 

Lu Chen and Duan Huiling were going to leave. However, Lu Chen reminds them, "Oh yeah. For what happened yesterday, I'm going to file a lawsuit on these workers." 

 

'They need to be put as an example for everybody.' Lu Chen wasn't going to let them off for doing something like that to him. He wants people to know he isn't some pushover.

 

Hearing what he said, the workers almost fell off their seats! They couldn't believe it. The workers shout at him, begging him to change his mind. However, Lu Chen and Duan Huiling already walked away. 

 

When the two left, Duan Huiling quickly praised Lu Chen, "Boss, you did brilliantly." The looks on the reporters said it all. She knows they would be praising Lu Chen in their article. 

 

However, Lu Chen wasn't smiling at all. Instead, he was mulling as he asked, "Don't you think yesterday was odd?"

 

"So you notice it too." Duan Huiling got tense as well. She felt something was off when she saw the number of people outside.

 

They had only fired the people a few days ago. But it wasn't odd that they were protesting. 

 

"The reporters were something I didn't expect." He was expecting a riot at some point. That's why he had told Duan Huiling to look through the video footage the first day. 

 

However, Lu Chen didn't expect reporters to show up. There were too many, and all of them were prepared too. That was too odd. 

 

"Somebody might have orchestrated the whole thing." Lu Chen was half-certain about this. 

 

"Then it might have been Cao Wei." 

 

"Who?" Lu Chen tilts his head, confused as to who it was. 

 

"..." 'Are you serious?' Duan Huiling didn't know what to say to that. She explains, "He was the person who tried to nominate himself as the new CEO."

 

"Oh, that old geezer." Lu Chen only remembers him as the loud geezer. He never took notice of him again. 

 

Duan Huiling nods her head, "Yes, I'm certain that it's him. He also has the highest amount of shares after you. He was also the person to abuse his power the most." With how much Cao Wei wanted the CEO position, she knows that he would do anything to get it. 

 

"Oh, if that guy's the problem. Then we don't have to worry about him for now." Lu Chen smiles like he doesn't have to worry about anything. 

 

Seeing the look on his face, Duan Huiling knows Lu Chen has something in mind for him.

...

In a penthouse,

 

Cao Wei throws a chair across the room, "Dammit! That unruly brat!" He couldn't believe his plan had failed. He wanted to use the retired workers to deal with Lu Chen. That's why he asked some reporters to go there as well.

 

That way, he could paint Lu Chen as an incompetent and vicious CEO. Cao Wei thought Lu Chen would be shivering from fright at how many people there were. 

 

But he didn't expect Lu Chen would go against him and the other board members. Now, people were slamming him on the news. 

 

The reporters took a liking to what Lu Chen said, and people were cheering him on too.  They couldn't believe how appalling the conditions were at the company. 

 

More and more people were denouncing the board members on how they abuse their power.

 

"Bunch of useless fools! What do you expect me to do?!" Through all of this, there was another problem Cao Wei is going through.

 

Not only was he getting flamed on by people, but the ex-board members were also hounding him down, asking for an explanation.

 

Some of them had given their shares of the company to Cao Wei. Cao Wei kept telling them the benefits they'll receive once he becomes CEO. So they took the chance.

 

But now they're getting flamed. Those board members were demanding an explanation on how to solve it. 

 

"That bastard! I'm going to tear him to shreds." All of Cao Wei's hate was now directed at Lu Chen, blaming him for all of this mess.

 

73