Chapter 344: Work you to the bone
2.7k 3 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 344: Work you to the bone

 

When Lu Chen said this, it gave people a clearer understanding of what happened. 

 

"No! No! No! My son isn't the type of person to do that!" Lin Qing's expression turns even crazier as she waves her hand around, "It's all your fault! You're the one who sent my son to prison!" But then she points at Feng Meifeng, 

 

"That bitch had to have given him the drugs!" 

 

Fu Chunhua's expression turns stern, "Have you had enough with your accusations?" She couldn't understand how Lin Qing could make up all these claims. 

 

"My daughter and we decided not to make this whole situation known so we can give you guys face. But I had enough. To think I was planning to marry my daughter off to him. You guys are nothing more than selfish and self-centered people!" If Feng Meifeng had gone with Lai Dingxiang, Fu Chunhua knew it would be her death.

 

Thankfully, Fu Chunhua had dodged that bullet.

 

But regret starts to fill Fu Chunhua's mind, remembering how she kept insisting on this idea. 

 

But she can't change it. What matters now is to snip this bud.

 

"Now get out of here! You people aren't welcomed! And if I ever see you guys again, I'm going to call the police!" Fu Chunhua screams out as she glares at the two.

 

She isn't alone in this as the others start to glare at the two. With all these glares staring at them, Lin Qing's expression starts to shiver. 

 

"Don't you think this is over!" Lin Qing knows that she isn't going to win in this argument today. However, she isn't going to let this go. Her husband got back up and quickly walked away from the scene. 

 

With the two leaving, Fu Chunhua sighs. Today was supposed to be a happy day. She turns over to the guests, "Sorry about the disturbance." Never did she expect Lin Qing would come rushing towards them. 

 

The other guest waved it off, not minding what happened. Also, they continue to denounce Lai Dingxiang and his parents. They couldn't believe Lai Dingxiang would do something like this.

 

He deserved to be put behind bars.

 

While the mood continues to get back on track, Lu Chen looks over to Feng Meifeng, "You alright?"

 

Feng Meifeng puts up a faint smile, "Yeah, I'm fine."

 

Lu Chen sighs and bumps her on the back of her head, 

 

"How could you be alright when your hands are shaking like that?" When Feng Meifeng locked eyes with her, he noticed her hands shaking.

 

Feng Meifeng quickly hides her hand behind her back, "It's nothing." Despite saying that, when she first saw Lin Qing, it caused something. It made her remember the incident with Lai Dingxiang.

 

Shivers cover all over her body.

 

"You don't have to worry about him anymore." Lu Chen brings her closer. It took him a bit, but he got an idea of what she was thinking about. 

 

"If it makes you feel better, I can deal with them if you want?" A mischievous smile forms on his face. 

 

"..." Feng Meifeng didn't know what to say.

 

"Let's not. It's not worth your time." People like Lin Qing will definitely get what they deserve later on. Lu Chen would just be wasting his time with them. 

 

Lu Chen sighs as he grabs his head, "You're too kind." Lu Chen was serious when he said that. Even though he wanted to make their life a living hell, he was going to let Feng Meifeng decide.

 

"Aww, Feng Meifeng, can't you see how much brother Chen wants to help you?" Zhang Jian can tell Lu Chen wanted to do something with Lin Qing. 

 

"How about you throw him a bone and-" Before he could even finish his sentence, Lu Chen shoved a chicken wing down his throat.

 

"Shut it, brat! And you better eat your fill. After today, I'm going to work you to the bone." After today, Zhang Jian's going to be working hard as the finals are coming up.

 

"...Can I cry?" Zhang Jian saw the mischievous grin on his face, and he knew he regretted it. 

 

"Nah. Just accept your fate." Lu Chen's words were the final nail to the coffin.

 

Seeing the two's interaction, Feng Meifeng's face has a bright smile as she chuckles. 

51