55: Amelia’s Passion
417 5 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hearing Blizzard’s proclamation, Erina froze, an awkward expression slowly surfacing on her face. Hesitating for a second before raising her hand, Erina asked, “Uhm… Can I make a quick trip to the restroom?”

“Of course, of course!” Blizzard laughed, reaching over to ruffle Erina’s hair, “Don’t feel awkward at all, I’m not one of those annoying teachers! I’m still young, I’m not an old hag yet!”

Nodding, Erina replied as she was closing the door, a little skepticism entering her voice, “Sure… we can go with “extremely young teacher”, yeah…” Before giggling and running off to the restroom. 

As the door closed with a click, Blizzard chuckled, shaking her head, “Little brat, cute and likable but so cheek sometimes…”

Deciding to organize a little while waiting for Erina to return, Blizzard adjusted the blinds as she smoothed out her hair, finally managing to keep it from popping out of place. 

Squinting her eyes a little as the sun shined through the window, beating down unrelentlessly, Blizzard’s phone buzzed, receiving a text. Pulling out her phone, she sat back down on the couch, leaning back to get comfortable, deciding to read the text as she waited for Erina.

Natsuki: [Hey Amelia, do you want to hang out later? Maybe after you finish teaching Erina? Sorry if this is in the middle of class.]

Her face lighting up, Amelia replied, her fingers lightning fast, [Natttt! You missed me didn’t you~? I’d love to hang out~! Hehe, no need to be so formal~

*teasing-bunny-face.jpg*]

--------------------------------------

Across school, laying down on top of a random roof out of sight, Natsuki scrunched up her face, snorting as she read Amelia’s reply. 

Pinching the bridge of her nose as she took a moment to calm herself down, Natsuki pondered for a while before replying, [Ok.]

Satisfied, she grinned to herself before getting up and leaping off the roof, morphing into a bird mid-air before twirling in the air and flying off. 

-------------------------------------

Staring off into the distance with a thousand meter stare, Amelia laughed, putting her phone away, muttering to herself, “What a tsundere…”

“Always ignoring my antics, I’d think she was the actual commandment of ice if I didn’t know she was such a softie…” Amelia chuckled, shaking her head as she leaned back in her seat waiting for Erina. 

A few moments later, Blizzard snapped out of thoughts as she heard the door open. Opening with a slight creak, the door revealed an apologetic Erina, “Sorry about that, I’m back now.”

Ushering her back to her seat, Blizzard reassured, “It’s no problem, truly, just being here you’re a better student than I was at your age!”

Sitting down back in her seat, across from Erina and into the ever comfortable couch, Blizzard let out a sigh as she relaxed into her seat, “Continuing where we left off then, casting spells silently, and casting spells in parallel. And their ‘official’ names being, as an absolute genius named them, Silent Casting and Parallel Casting!”

Snorting, Erina nodded, before adjusting her position slightly to listen, asking, “Wait should I take notes on this? It seems important… just like all the other stuff you said.”

“Well… you can,” Blizzard pondered out loud, tapping her chin with a fake pencil she made out of ice, “But like, I don’t think you really need to, I’ll be repeating it so much it’ll be drilled into your head! You’ll be dreaming about it!”

Watching Blizzard’s face get smug, Erina sighed, facepalming before nodding, “Okie dokes, good to know then… I feel like notes are going to be not something I will need often at this rate.”

“Yep, yep! Definitely not! You’re not going to be able to check a notebook while in the midst of battle after all!” Blizzard laughed, a wide smile on her face, “I had a newbie under me once try to do that! Needless to say, they weren’t under me for much longer, they were under the beast we were fighting… A true transformative experience for him if I say so myself.”

Taking a moment to compose herself as Erina did the same, Blizzard explained, getting back into teaching mode, “So casting silently and casting spells in parallel are quite connected, I’m sure that’s pretty obvious. After all, you need to be able to cast spells silently in order to cast them in parallel, I so far haven’t seen anyone saying two different things at the same time… would be a cool talent though…”

“Silent casting is what many consider to be a major milestone in spell mastery,” Blizzard continued, crossing her legs, “It’s when you don’t need words anymore to guide your subconscious flow of magic when you cast the spell anymore. What that means really in more understandable phrasing, you’re good enough at the spell to cast it without guiding words. That you can just tell your body to channel magic in this certain way that casts a spell and your body, with all your practice, just does it.”

Clearing her throat as her face relaxed, blossoming into a gleaming smile that could charm masses, Blizzard went on, her volume rising a bit as her passion leaked through, “So what’s cool then about parallel casting, is that after you have two spells,” before winking with a teasing smile, “or more than two, that you can silently cast, you can then try to parallel cast!”

Her confidence sky high as she created little ice drawings to go along with her words, Blizzard continued, “That’s where a lot of people get stuck, because not only do you need a deep, intuitive level of understanding about the spells, being in tune with your own magic, you also need to just have it click. I know it sounds vague, but that’s pretty much what it is, just a moment of enlightenment. The higher your affinity the easier it is, and from what I heard from you, you probably had it way long ago, and didn’t realize… which if more people knew… they’d be extremely annoyed.”

“Y-Yeah… Probably… I didn’t have any trouble really with parallel casting to be honest, I kinda just tried it,” Erina murmured a little embarrassed, “and it just happened…”

Snorting, Blizzard replied, “I personally can’t say much, but you have no idea the amount of people who’d want to smack you after hearing that.”

“Moving on then, to just some other small magic things,” Blizzard continued, looking at the clock, “Let’s do some stuff so I can see relatively where your baseline is, gotta know what I’m working with after all…”

Yooooo I'm BACK, with another chapter, literally the most amazing author ever with a super amazing never seen before update schedule...

Well thanks for reading!! Please give a 5 star rating because uh... i'd really apprciate it... and seeing the 4.4 stars makes me kinda sad... 

Please join my discord server!! since uhh... i want more friends... yea... and want to talk to more people... <3 We have fun there and hang out... also need some people to whoop my ass (metaphorically, not physically pls) to write more

Okay, now I'm about to ramble about some stuff, update type of stuff on things going forward soooo if you want to read it go ahead, if not... idk sorryyy...
-------
Okay so first thing, uhh... yea as always I'll try my best to put out more chapter thingies soon...

Second thing, since I uhh... uhh... try to improve and stuff, I'll probably go back and rewrite some chapters of this book since uhh
O~O they're bad... very bad... plot no good...
I'll like tell people I guess if I rewrite stuff... (join my discord I'll tell people there first... and maybe you can give suggestions) It might take a while for you readers to find out though because I have to yk... post a chapter to write an authors note... which i don't do much lmao

Thirdly, for my friendos who also read my other book that i havne't updated in a very long time, I will probably rewrite some (a lot maybe) of that too, and then try and have some more consistent updates with that yea! I miss writing Lilith..
-----
Thanks for reading this massive-ass, absolute dumptruck of a ramble sorry!!
cool though, see you peeps around~ peace~ <3

15